Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But I don’t think the 49ers strategy was to get stood up on the line let Hurts have all day to scan the field .
not stood up, play disciplined gap football to make sure he doesn't run. that came at the cost of pin your ears back and rush the passer and then he escapes the pocket. they focused on glosing the B-gap, as that's where he often runs in his design runs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It does though. Because at the end of the day the 9ers didn't have a quarterback out there.

So how do you evaluate Rex Grossman?
Rex Grossman does not have Hurts or Dak's skillset. I give nod to Hurts based on what he has done in such a short time. Dak started off strong too his rookie year but fizzled after. We're all the way to Year 8 until he's in the MVP argument again. Main thing I would tell Hurts is let's see if you can make it that long without getting hurt too much. Including an ankle snapper that Dak had to deal with.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rex Grossman does not have Hurts or Dak's skillset. I give nod to Hurts based on what he has done in such a short time. Dak started off strong too his rookie year but fizzled after. We're all the way to Year 8 until he's in the MVP argument again. Main thing I would tell Hurts is let's see if you can make it that long without getting hurt too much. Including an ankle snapper that Dak had to deal with.
Grossman was a first round pick. Dak was a 4th and Hurts was a 2nd. I just don’t get how we are saying Hurts single he handedly took them to the SB

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
If I'm being objective Hurts has taken his team to higher heights than Dak so he gets the edge but I TRULY believe Dak is the better QB when all is said and done and by far the better QB this year.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's a good player but Dak has outplayed him this season. Would anyone here straight up trade Dak for Hurts?
How is anyone supposed to answer a question like this. I thought it was a "team" game? I would not trade Dak for Hurts but what makes them is the team they are surrounded by. Would Dak be as good on the eagles? Would Hurts be as good on the Cowboys? You can't answer a rhetorical question.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
True.

I always viewed the interceptions as a result of pressure though. Hopefully that pressure can be alleviated if we could ever get a run game going against them.
49ers have the best linebackers in football, they take away everything in the middle, they force QB's to throw into tight windows, which most are uncomfortable doing. Teams who have had some success against their defense have been able to run the football a little bit.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
True you guys would need to give us a couple 1st for us to trade you Dak...
Lol… I would take Hurts here in a heartbeat… I might actually be optimistic that we could win more than one playoff game.

I’ve hated Prescott for years now… I quieted down on it, because he had played very well this year… Deep down, though I know he’ll fold in the playoffs. Hope I’m wrong.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Hurts is not elite by any stretch of imagination. SF showed how to defend him, but staying disciplined and taking away his running lanes and forcing him to pass from the pocket and he struggled. he has top 5 TE, top 3 WR group, the best OL in foorball and best rushing attack. like I said, take away his running, he is a very medicore passer.
Yeah I wouldn't call him elite. He's dangerous if a defense is foolish enough to allow him to hurt them with his legs and can make good throws here and there. But when it comes to the truly elite QBs in the NFL, the defensive gameplan the majority of the time is to pressure them and limit their time in the pocket. The fact that the Niners defense was willing to give him a ton of time in the pocket, shows how they had no fear of him sitting back there and picking apart their defense with just his arm talent.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He's a good player but Dak has outplayed him this season. Would anyone here straight up trade Dak for Hurts?
Heck id even throw two first in for Hurts.

If the stats prove that Dak has outplayed him then question the stats you use. Maybe use different ones.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Of course he is, stop it. Hurts in the pocket is brutal did you watch the game yesterday 9 sec to pass? Lol.
Have you seen him use his OL blocking with intelligence and feel for the pocket?

I dont want to say he is a magician at it like Rodgers for instance but heck he is a joy to watch. Rodgers often needed only one step to rearrange everything and so bougth more time. Hurts still needs 2 steps.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Have you seen him use his OL blocking with intelligence and feel for the pocket?

I dont want to say he is a magician at it like Rodgers for instance but heck he is a joy to watch. Rodgers often needed only one step to rearrange everything and so bougth more time. Hurts still needs 2 steps.
He was brutal against SF and there have been many games where in the pocket he just is not that good.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
He was brutal against SF and there have been many games where in the pocket he just is not that good.
He was the highest ranked QB from the pocket last year. He’s not playing as well this year but saying he can’t operate from the pocket is ignorant. SF has made lots of QBs look bad. How good was Dak against SF?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
IDK what your expectations are.But if you think Hurts is bad moving in the pocket then i dont want to know what you think of Dak. There is not much more levels under bad. You should consider Dak a zombie then.

tumblr_mjtqzylsyL1r1mr1po1_500.gif

Well, at least he gives his all!

LOL

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hurts is not better than Dak.

Here's another. Eli Manning is not better than Kirk Cousins.

RonWashington

Reaction score
not stood up, play disciplined gap football to make sure he doesn't run. that came at the cost of pin your ears back and rush the passer and then he escapes the pocket. they focused on glosing the B-gap, as that's where he often runs in his design runs.

I don’t think I want to give any QB that much time to scan the field .

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
1) Ok so does that not mean they're inferior lol? Dak is a part of the team and he played poorly. Inferior. Not only that but from coaches to personnel they are superior to Dallas.

2. You completely contradict yourself here. So you argue in your first point that the Cowboys weren't inferior to the 49ers because their 40 million dollar QB threw 3 interceptions.....

Then in your second point you argue you don't care if they had Purdy or Montana or Steve Young they still would've lost. You don't care if they had two of the best quarterbacks of all time they were still going to lose. Yeah strongly disagree there.
Lol, I guess I didn't state my point very clearly in part 1. **Both playoff losses to the 49ers were decided by 7 points or less; If Dak doesn't turnover the football, we stood a very good chance of winning both games. My point is, the team wasn't inferior, but the QB most definitely was.** It's fine if you don't agree.. We can agree to disagree on this one.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Dak is throwing the ball better than Hurts.

Hurts is a much bigger threat with his runs.
The key to NFL qb, is there last 2 minutes of tight games against top teams. Unless you’re good enough to not get to tight games.