Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well, good chap, who was touching the ball every play in the playoffs in 2021 and 2022? And this year's games vs. the 49ers and Egirls? And Cards.
Dak groupies such as you say, perhaps rightly so, that it is a team effort. Yet you are quick to lavish praise on Dak when the Boys win.
Blimey! You Dak attendants want it both ways.

As far as the first round flops, think back. Who touched the ball every play? Who was captain and who tossed or ran the ball to end 2 playoff disasters? We can go back to 2016 and count the flops and never weres since then. The lone constant in all this is Dak.
What else are we to think, rash lad?
its not all Dak no QB "Lifts" his team alone..Mahomes is the best and he cant do it with less talented players..so your correct it cant be just Dak...which also denies your "Lone constant" point there are several players and a GM who has been here also..just like Romo would've loved to see Romo get to play under MM also...The GM brought you JG and 10 years of it....

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well, good chap, who was touching the ball every play in the playoffs in 2021 and 2022? And this year's games vs. the 49ers and Egirls? And Cards.
Dak groupies such as you say, perhaps rightly so, that it is a team effort. Yet you are quick to lavish praise on Dak when the Boys win.

As far as the first round flops, think back. Who touched the ball every play? Who was captain and who tossed or ran the ball to end 2 playoff disasters? We can go back to 2016 and count the flops and never weres since then. The lone constant in all this is Dak.
Straight up 'fan'...do you realize why Scrooge never did enjoy Christmas? Don't you dare say he watched Cowboys games.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It was obvious in the Niners game Hurts kneee really bothering him . His OL gave him massive amounts of time to throw the ball and he couldn’t connect . In the past he would have taken off down field .

David Carr on one of these NFL talk shows went as far as to say a healthy Mariotta in relief might be more effective under center . Dallas has to get better pressure on Hurts make him uncomfortable. Mariotta by the way is what I would consider a competent back up , some of the back ups in the NFL are not NFL caliber .

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think Hurts has won the big games because he’s on a better team. However I’m not sure if he’s a better QB. If last year Hurts was the Cowboys QB and Dak was QB for Philly, which team gets to the SB?
The team that got to play the Giants and the 9er team down to a 4th string QB and then a one-armed QB. Had to be the softest road to the SB ever.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The team that got to play the Giants and the 9er team down to a 4th string QB and then a one-armed QB. Had to be the softest road to the SB ever.
Yes you have a point, however, what about the 'comeback' wins this year? I'm trying not to big Hurts that much (as the Eagles fan accusation will come out again), but one of the abilities of a QB is to perform and raise their game, when it matters and when everything around him is going wrong (which tends to happen against better teams and in crucial games). In that aspect Hurts, ATM, does have the advantage.

As was mentioned below, there are other contributory factors, but at the end of the day the ball is in Daks hands.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I absolutely don't care about running QBs (as opposed to those who can scramble and extend plays). a QBs number one job is to be a good passer.
He is a legitimate dual threat QB who also is very good passer. Granted he has talent all around him, but he is an elite QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He is a legitimate dual threat QB who also is very good passer. Granted he has talent all around him, but he is an elite QB.
Hurts is not elite by any stretch of imagination. SF showed how to defend him, but staying disciplined and taking away his running lanes and forcing him to pass from the pocket and he struggled. he has top 5 TE, top 3 WR group, the best OL in foorball and best rushing attack. like I said, take away his running, he is a very medicore passer.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yes you have a point, however, what about the 'comeback' wins this year? I'm trying not to big Hurts that much (as the Eagles fan accusation will come out again), but one of the abilities of a QB is to perform and raise their game, when it matters and when everything around him is going wrong (which tends to happen against better teams and in crucial games). In that aspect Hurts, ATM, does have the advantage.

As was mentioned below, there are other contributory factors, but at the end of the day the ball is in Daks hands.
You really like yourself some Hurts, don'tcha? ATM, Dak is outplaying Hurts, in fact, many outside of Cowboysfandom are acknowledging that Dak is playing at a higher level than pretty much any other QB. It's OK to admit it, unless of course you are just a Hurts fanboy. As a fan, it's OK to be excited that the team is playing well and that Dak or any other player is playing well, this is the fun part of being a fan. Enjoy the moment, you can be the "I told you so" guy later, let's just hope it's later than sooner.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Let’s be honest though. Dak looks like crap against the 9ers because his team is inferior to them. It was anyway. Jalen is the same way. Only difference is he got to face them without a quarterback.
I strongly disagree with both of your points:

1). Cowboys are not inferior to the 49ers; The 2 playoff games that we lost to them in 2021 & 2022 were by a combined total of 13 points. The defense did its job in both games, holding the 49ers to {23 points in 2021'} and {19 points in 2022'}. Our $40 million QB threw a combined 3 INT's & 2 TD's.

2). In my humble opinion, it doesn't matter if 49ers had Purdy, Steve Young or Joe Montana in last year's NFC Championship game lol: The Eagles D-Line was devastatingly dominant. The 49ers O-line stood no chance against them. The Eagles knocked-out Purdy, but they also put their back up QB on ice too lol.. Then the 49ers had to use McCaffrey as the Emergency QB and the rest is history..:p

starfan1

Reaction score

You have a silly way of looking at things. Just because hes the QB and touches the ball every play doesnt make him solely the reason for the loss. sometimes I wonder if you guys even watch football. " Oh he makes too big of % of cap his fault" or oh "he touched ball every play his fault"

We can go through a variety of reasons each year we were sitting at home during the SB and none of them were just dak. But I wont go through them because you guys have dak derangement syndrome so its a waste of time. can you say tunnel vision!

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's a silly rationalization though. Hurts lost the SB where he fumbled, but Dak is better because he was sitting on his couch when it happened?

Some of y'all have done checked out when it comes to being rational. You'll spin yourselves into knots to rationalize the Cowboys coming up short.
Stephen A Smith brought up a good point. (i know i know). Does the beating San Fran gave the Eagles illegitimize their NFC championship win? The niners have been saying for a year with Purdy in they would have won that game. After seeing the beatdown they just laid on them with Purdy. I dont think they are wrong. So Hurts while he may have won against San Fran, won against a team that trotted CMC out there for QB snaps. Dak would have won that game too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I strongly disagree with both of your points:

1). Cowboys are not inferior to the 49ers; The 2 playoff games that we lost to them in 2021 & 2022 were by a combined total of 13 points. The defense did its job in both games, holding the 49ers to {23 points in 2021'} and {19 points in 2022'}. Our $40 million QB threw a combined 3 INT's & 2 TD's.

2). In my humble opinion, it doesn't matter if 49ers had Purdy, Steve Young or Joe Montana in last year's NFC Championship game lol: The Eagles D-Line was devastatingly dominant. The 49ers O-line stood no chance against them. The Eagles knocked-out Purdy, but they also put their back up QB on ice too lol.. Then the 49ers had to use McCaffrey as the Emergency QB and the rest is history..:p
1) Ok so does that not mean they're inferior lol? Dak is a part of the team and he played poorly. Inferior. Not only that but from coaches to personnel they are superior to Dallas.

2. You completely contradict yourself here. So you argue in your first point that the Cowboys weren't inferior to the 49ers because their 40 million dollar QB threw 3 interceptions.....

Then in your second point you argue you don't care if they had Purdy or Montana or Steve Young they still would've lost. You don't care if they had two of the best quarterbacks of all time they were still going to lose. Yeah strongly disagree there.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You really like yourself some Hurts, don'tcha? ATM, Dak is outplaying Hurts, in fact, many outside of Cowboysfandom are acknowledging that Dak is playing at a higher level than pretty much any other QB. It's OK to admit it, unless of course you are just a Hurts fanboy. As a fan, it's OK to be excited that the team is playing well and that Dak or any other player is playing well, this is the fun part of being a fan. Enjoy the moment, you can be the "I told you so" guy later, let's just hope it's later than sooner.
So all I have to say that Hurts has performed a number of impressive comebacks and you bite.
In pretty much every aspect Dak is playing better (not withstanding the defenses he's played against).... but as he has to show it in those clutch moments against those top teams/defenses. When you open both eyes you may be able to see.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So all I have to say that Hurts has performed a number of impressive comebacks and you bite.
In pretty much every aspect Dak is playing better (not withstanding the defenses he's played against).... but as he has to show it in those clutch moments against those top teams/defenses. When you open both eyes you may be able to see.
That's not the reason I bit, it was the "In that aspect Hurts, ATM, does have the advantage" part.

Hurts' team has the advantage because of their record, but that doesn't mean he's playing better than Dak, because he just isn't. We get it, you love you some Hurts and really, really dislike Dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That's not the reason I bit, it was the "In that aspect Hurts, ATM, does have the advantage" part.

Hurts' team has the advantage because of their record, but that doesn't mean he's playing better than Dak, because he just isn't. We get it, you love you some Hurts and really, really dislike Dak.
You seem to see the world in binary absolutes, maybe when you grow up you'll see that you are able to see positives even in aspects you don't like.
I agree Dak is playing better than Hurts, but I can also see that Hurts has that ability to carry a team to victory.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
Dak has all that talent around him for 8 years and failed miserably in the playoffs how many time? its pathetic.Hurts in 3 years have more playoff wins LMAO, Both are second tier QB'S

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What because I dare to say that despite being outplayed Hurts still finds a way to win. So how does Dak fail to convert in those same scenario's (he comes up short "yeah, but....yeah,but) I am consistent in my (only real) concern with Dak, it's his frailty to execute that game winning TD drive, I dont think he plays well when the onus is on him.
Hurts fumbled in the Super Bowl and they lost by 3 points. Stop making excuses.