Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

kskboys

Reaction score
Hurts is lucky that he is a dual-threat which might give him the edge….for now.
And he's even more lucky that he's on a stacked team.

Philly has the 2nd rated OL in the NFL, and the 1st rated DL. They are rated as having the best trenches in the NFL. That, more than anything, is why Hurts wins.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Dumbest thread I’ve seen today..hurts in year 2 as starter took his team all the way to Super Bowl. In year 3, this year, he is 10-2. Bc he lost to the 49ers without both starting lb and his stats still were better than Daks against the sane 49ers who are healthy now. Would I trade for Hurts, maybe, but no I wouldn’t have either as both are hitting the salary cap limiting their teams from success and future signing. Obviously Dak either proves something this year or he’s gone. No more debates
guess Flacco is better than both as he won a SB

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dak will let us down again in the playoffs. And Jerry will extend him at $50 mil a year.
That is one thing Jerry shouldn’t do , if he flops in the playoffs , of course Daks current play gives me hope , if he keeps playing like this , may be we can finally get over the hump and play in a championship game.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Hurts isn't healthy. Left knee is injured. So I'd hope Dak has out played him. If he can't outplay Hurts when he is injured we are in even bigger trouble than I thought.
Injured qbs run almost 20 times in a single game? Interesting

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Dak is throwing the ball better than Hurts.

Hurts is a much bigger threat with his runs.
Let’s see how they look at the end of the year… Prescott is about to hit the tough part of his schedule… Hurts the easy part… The stats may follow accordingly…

stilltheguru

Reaction score
They do if they’re desperate
Desperation doesn't turn a supposedly great qb with an injured knee into a running back. If he's so good he'd beat teams from the pocket instead of running nonstop on a bad wheel.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm consistently amazed that people who purport to be Cowboys fans are so bothered when one of our players is at the top of the game. Dak is playing the best football of any QB in the league. Anyone with eyes can see that. He has always been better than Hurts.. One magical season by Hurts didn't elevate him above Dak in my mind. The fact that Dak has taken his game to a higher level than he ever had at least for this long a stretch is telling to me. We've seen 3-4 game spans of this level of play in the past but it just looks different this time. It almost looks as though it doesn't matter what the defense does.. Man, zone, cover 2, 3, 4 or 25 Dak is killin it. The other difference is he is clearly in command of the offense and 100% in sync with his playcaller who IMHO is 100% in sync with the QB. I'm just going to enjoy it. Let other people debate who's better or who gets the MVP. I choose to really enjoy watching my quarterback and my team play well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He's a good player but Dak has outplayed him this season. Would anyone here straight up trade Dak for Hurts?
At this point, Hurts is more accomplished. He won the NFC title and played in a Super Bowl. It's been a long time since Dallas did either of those things.

We'll see what happens this season. Things need to change.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I'm consistently amazed that people who purport to be Cowboys fans are so bothered when one of our players is at the top of the game. Dak is playing the best football of any QB in the league. Anyone with eyes can see that. He has always been better than Hurts.. One magical season by Hurts didn't elevate him above Dak in my mind. The fact that Dak has taken his game to a higher level than he ever had at least for this long a stretch is telling to me. We've seen 3-4 game spans of this level of play in the past but it just looks different this time. It almost looks as though it doesn't matter what the defense does.. Man, zone, cover 2, 3, 4 or 25 Dak is killin it. The other difference is he is clearly in command of the offense and 100% in sync with his playcaller who IMHO is 100% in sync with the QB. I'm just going to enjoy it. Let other people debate who's better or who gets the MVP. I choose to really enjoy watching my quarterback and my team play well.
You are correct. And Dak will get paid accordingly. Watson, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson and Murray all are signed for more guaranteed money the Hurts. And Prescott will sign for more guaranteed money, as well.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He's a good player but Dak has outplayed him this season. Would anyone here straight up trade Dak for Hurts?
He’s better at some things than Hurts but the reverse is true as well.