Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

Zman5

Reaction score
Hurts is a one read QB. He makes one read and then bails and runs around. That's why Olsen said on the broadcast he'd like to to see Hurts go through his progression little longer before bailing. Hurts is nowhere close to Dak's level when it comes to playing the QB position.

And saying he is better QB than Dak because he played in the SB is ridiculous. It's like saying Foles and Dilfer are better QB than Marino because they both won a SB.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
The fact that whenever they watch the Cowboys they tend to own Dak.
Well..... the Cowboys own Matthew Stafford, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan, and Daniel Jones.

Everyone owns someone. Packers owns Steve Young. Elway owned the Browns.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Are you saying it's a good thing to have a narrow-minded viewpoint and view a QB only based on what he does against your team?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Hurts is a one read QB. He makes one read and then bails and runs around. That's why Olsen said on the broadcast he'd like to to see Hurts go through his progression little longer before bailing. Hurts is nowhere close to Dak's level when it comes to playing the QB position.

And saying he is better QB than Dak because he played in the SB is ridiculous. It's like saying Foles and Dilfer are better QB than Marino because they both won a SB.
That Rex Grossman was definitely a better QB than Romo, cause he got to a Superbowl......... :muttley:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Well..... the Cowboys own Matthew Stafford, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan, and Daniel Jones.

Everyone owns someone. Packers owns Steve Young. Elway owned the Browns.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Are you saying it's a good thing to have a narrow-minded viewpoint and view a QB only based on what he does against your team?
You wrote "some of them really have it out for Dak, or maybe they're just constantly defending Purdy and bashing Dak to make their point", well the reason they bash Dak is that when they see him he doesnt perform. They arent using Dak's poor performances to protect or elevate Purdy.

In any case it appears that some of our fanbase have this obsessive need to justify by comparison, be it with Romo or Stafford et al from above.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
You wrote "some of them really have it out for Dak, or maybe they're just constantly defending Purdy and bashing Dak to make their point", well the reason they bash Dak is that when they see him he doesnt perform. They arent using Dak's poor performances to protect or elevate Purdy.

In any case it appears that some of our fanbase have this obsessive need to justify by comparison, be it with Romo or Stafford et al from above.
Actually they've been degrading Hurts a lot this week too. So it's more than just that. Niners fans are just scums..... is my point. They're trying to bring down both Hurts and Dak to elevate their guy. I can't stand Niners fans. I don't like Eagles fans either, but there are at least some logical thinkers in that town, and Dak Prescott is usually not the first thing on their minds pertaining to Cowboys dislike.

And I say both this fanbase (and the Niners) have some obsessive need to narrow Dak's career down to 3 games (vs SF). It's not logical to do that. Dak has played good enough to win in 4 out of his 6 playoff games. He's gotten a good defensive effort twice (Seattle and 2nd Niners game). His defense folded in a playoff deciding game in college as well, so he's had his defense come up short lots of times. Knowing that, I do think a precious opportunity was lost in the 2nd Niners game with a defensive effort like that, I do think Dak needed to come thru.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Hurts isn't healthy. Left knee is injured. So I'd hope Dak has out played him. If he can't outplay Hurts when he is injured we are in even bigger trouble than I thought.
His knee is fine. He stopped wearing any protection on it weeks ago and looked perfectly okay against the 49ers, running the ball 7 times for 20 yards, similar to other games before the injury.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Actually they've been degrading Hurts a lot this week too. So it's more than just that. Niners fans are just scums..... is my point. They're trying to bring down both Hurts and Dak to elevate their guy. I can't stand Niners fans. I don't like Eagles fans either, but there are at least some logical thinkers in that town, and Dak Prescott is usually not the first thing on their minds pertaining to Cowboys dislike.
So you're basing your opinion on Dak due to hatred of opposition fans, that's hardly scientific.
Dak has played good enough to win in 4 out of his 6 playoff games. He's gotten a good defensive effort twice (Seattle and 2nd Niners game). His defense folded in a playoff deciding game in college as well, so he's had his defense come up short lots of times. Knowing that, I do think a precious opportunity was lost in the 2nd Niners game with a defensive effort like that, I do think Dak needed to come thru.
I hate what you're doing here, as for the sake of rational debate you're making me out as anti-Dak (which im not, i'm more enjoying the play, however fearful that we havent faced a top half Pass Defense).

The last two 49ers playoff games ended with him having the ball to win (2021) / level the score (2002), which is still my BIG concern with Dak, unable to perform when faced by the ultimate game scenario (as identified again in this years Eagles loss).

stinkface

Reaction score
So you're basing your opinion on Dak due to hatred of opposition fans, that's hardly scientific.

I hate what you're doing here, as for the sake of rational debate you're making me out as anti-Dak (which im not, i'm more enjoying the play, however fearful that we havent faced a top half Pass Defense).

The last two 49ers playoff games ended with him having the ball to win (2021) / level the score (2002), which is still my BIG concern with Dak, unable to perform when faced by the ultimate game scenario (as identified again in this years Eagles loss).
Or it could be the O line choked in those situations or our skill players did. Think Dak rightfully so gets a lotta blame, but sometimes other players on the team spit the bit and we as fans just don't see it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I like how you criticize over something you have no intention of upholding yourself.
That's because most viewpoints on here are so polarized and the answer lies somewhere in the center ground. The fact that fans need a comparison to support their 'guy' or base their opinion on opposition fans is inane.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That's because most viewpoints on here are so polarized and the answer lies somewhere in the center ground. The fact that fans need a comparison to support their 'guy' or base their opinion on opposition fans is inane.
I saw your breakdown of factors. You think you are middle?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Or it could be the O line choked in those situations or our skill players did. Think Dak rightfully so gets a lotta blame, but sometimes other players on the team spit the bit and we as fans just don't see it.
Interesting point, however, the 9ers defense is set to oppose Dak, as Jimmie Ward said, the plan was to stop the run game and see if Dak could beat them. The fact that the O-Line and run game werent effective are either reasons/excuses.....the facts still remain that in the play-off games he has the ball and it's either succeed or go home.

My (only) concern with Dak is that he's unable to raise his game in those (ultimate) circumstances, and most every play-off run, by the very nature that games are closer he'll experience that pressure. To overcome that he'll need a roster that helps provide a lead.....but there's the juxtaposition, his forthcoming contract will hit the roster depth.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I saw your breakdown of factors. You think you are middle?
I am middle in that the debate isnt factoring in the contract (and Dak's blind spot when needing a TD with time running down). I have answered the would you trade Hurts for Dak.

Yobwocs

Reaction score

No, I'm simply stating I don't like Niners fans for displaying extremely unlikeable characteristics. Such characteristics are the ones I just named. It's logical where I'm coming from. I actually intended my original post to be humorous.... I didn't get the sense anyone was gonna combat it, but... ...whatever.... that's ok.

Well... he made a 30-35 deficit into a 41-35 win just last week.

And last year vs the Texans if you'll remember the game winning drive.

And if you think the Texans are a weak opponent, against the Eagles last year....we were behind 27-34. Then comes Dak at 3rd and 30, if you'll remember. Then it's 34-34. Then 40-34.

And again, you seem to only remember the failures, and not the successes.

Dak succeeds on game winning drives or comeback efforts too. Whether he does that more than he fails.... not sure, but it's not easy to do that with consistency. Sometimes it's gonna succeed, sometimes not. Should they come at better or more important moments??? Maybe. But it might be a good idea to not have to rely on the final drive..... which we know is a numbers game just like anything else is. I don't think his biggest issue is ability to deliver on the final drive. We just have to not dig ourselves that big hole initially....... like we did vs Green Bay and the first Niners game. And in the 2nd Niners game it's more about failure to capitalize on opportunities than anything, knowing Dak was part of that too.

Last edited:

DZSierra

Reaction score
At the end of the day, who cares what QB is better than the other?

End of the day, I'd rather have a average QB that can get to the superbowl.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Well... he made a 30-35 deficit into a 41-35 win just last week.

And last year vs the Texans if you'll remember the game winning drive.

And if you think the Texans are a weak opponent, against the Eagles last year....we were behind 27-34. Then comes Dak at 3rd and 30, if you'll remember. Then it's 34-34. Then 40-34.

And again, you seem to only remember the failures, and not the successes.
Seattle was a good performance and something he could build upon (but not exactly what im arguing, Seattle not a top defense and he had nearly 5 mins left.......but that's not taking anything away from the achievement).

Texas in 2022 ...really. This is the WHATABOUT(ism) argument that always happens with Dak (pro and anti). Its whether you want to use stats or advanced factors. Mid season against poorer teams Dak doesnt have to prove anything, its whether he can convert that in the play-offs that matters.

starfan1

Reaction score
IF Dak carries us to the NFC championship game I and other fans could accept an extension. But the first round flops translate into pick No. 25 in the draft to keep us perpetually middling but profitable.
Whether or not the COWBOYS make it to that game or not will have no bearing on the extension

Whether you and those like you accept means little to nothing in the big scheme of things,

These first round flops you speak of are not Dak related they are TEAM related in which he is a part of.

starfan1

Reaction score
This^
These games against San Francisco are indicative of just how much better their lines perform versus ours

They smacked us around and we fold like a cheap suit. Dak tries to make plays and fails it’s on him

Where’s the ire for the rest of the team in the penalty ridden loss in 21. Or for Diggs last year dropping a int and making biz decision on kittle
Although of all Daks playoff games last year was his worst performance and he contributed to the loss

Anyone who can look at the 2 organizations as they are currently constructed and come away with they are equal in talent gets the Stevie wonder award

That doesn’t mean they can beat them it’s just unlikely

Any given Sunday