Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I'm consistently amazed that people who purport to be Cowboys fans are so bothered when one of our players is at the top of the game. Dak is playing the best football of any QB in the league. Anyone with eyes can see that. He has always been better than Hurts.. One magical season by Hurts didn't elevate him above Dak in my mind. The fact that Dak has taken his game to a higher level than he ever had at least for this long a stretch is telling to me. We've seen 3-4 game spans of this level of play in the past but it just looks different this time. It almost looks as though it doesn't matter what the defense does.. Man, zone, cover 2, 3, 4 or 25 Dak is killin it. The other difference is he is clearly in command of the offense and 100% in sync with his playcaller who IMHO is 100% in sync with the QB. I'm just going to enjoy it. Let other people debate who's better or who gets the MVP. I choose to really enjoy watching my quarterback and my team play well.
This right here is probably the biggest reason why Dak is playing at a higher level. He’s in sync with his play caller and he seems comfortable. His play caller has a good idea what he needs to do to calm Dak and get him into a rhythm. I don’t think Dak has had that. Big Mike is a good coach and a good QB coach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At this point, Hurts is more accomplished. He won the NFC title and played in a Super Bowl. It's been a long time since Dallas did either of those things.

We'll see what happens this season. Things need to change.
That's a silly argument though. He's more accomplished because his team made it to the SB where he choked the game away with his fumble for 6 points?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps we should revisit this in a few weeks.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That's a silly argument though. He's more accomplished because his team made it to the SB where he choked the game away with his fumble for 6 points?
That's a silly rationalization though. Hurts lost the SB where he fumbled, but Dak is better because he was sitting on his couch when it happened?

Some of y'all have done checked out when it comes to being rational. You'll spin yourselves into knots to rationalize the Cowboys coming up short.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
If Dak is better than Jalen, it's not by a wide margin.. Jalen has vastly improved from his rookie year, when he was missing wide open receivers and turning the ball over at a high rate. What I learned about Jalen from watching his collegiate career, is this guy is Resilient and Mentally tough. Nothing phases him and no moment seems too big for him. Dak is also mentally tough, but there are random moments in games when he looks like he isn't confident or determined; His games against the 49ers immediately come to mind. With that being said, I don't think one is significantly better than the other.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That is one thing Jerry shouldn’t do , if he flops in the playoffs , of course Daks current play gives me hope , if he keeps playing like this , may be we can finally get over the hump and play in a championship game.
IF Dak carries us to the NFC championship game I and other fans could accept an extension. But the first round flops translate into pick No. 25 in the draft to keep us perpetually middling but profitable.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What does it say about our fans that they defend Hurts as the better QB? Dak is by far the better QB.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Dak is a much better QB than Carson Hurts. It's funny because Jaylen Wentz is actually what many Dak Detractors claim that Dak is, Hurts is a 1 read QB that runs alot when the first read isn't available, struggles to read defenses, holds the ball way too long because he can't or afraid to make tight window throws or throw with anticipation. A large part of Hurt's success is because of the team around him, specifically his OL that can routinely give him 6+ seconds to throw, he doesn't have to process very fast just wait until coverage eventually breaks down. Even Cooper Rush would get 12+ "Rushing TDs" behind that OLs Tush Push, just wrap up the ball and go along for the ride.

GINeric

Reaction score
Hurts isn't healthy. Left knee is injured. So I'd hope Dak has out played him. If he can't outplay Hurts when he is injured we are in even bigger trouble than I thought.

I don't want to hear the injury excuse. Dak didn't get a pass when HE played injured. So neither does Hurts.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He is not nearly as good of a passer as Dak and struggles to read defenses when he is forced to be a drop-back passer and wants to run if his first read isn't open most of the time.

Hurts is a good fit for what Philly is doing, throws a good deep ball, and is great at extending plays but I wouldn't put him in my top 5.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I am ROFLMAOing at this thread. Notice how Eagles fans pay Jalen Hurts much less attention than Cowboys fans pay Dak Prescott.

Eagles posters rarely flood a Hurts thread, but on general Eagles threads you can count on a few of them to always show up.

Also, while Eagles fans sometimes trash Dak.... it's the Cowboys they really hate. I think the majority are just hating Dak by association. Contrary to 49ers fans.... some of them really have it out for Dak, or maybe they're just constantly defending Purdy and bashing Dak to make their point. Yes, there are more Niner Purdy fanboys than Eagles Hurts fanboys.... I truly think that. I just find all that funny.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He's a good player but Dak has outplayed him this season. Would anyone here straight up trade Dak for Hurts?
Why do you have to justify Dak's existence with a comparison (be it Hurts or Romo). The answer isnt as binary as you think. Both are managing their offenses and both had poor rating's vrs the best defense in the Conference and the schedule hasnt evened up at the moment.

Answering your question, I wouldnt make the trade at the moment, however, add in the contract scenario's, I possibly would at the end of the season as Hurts would give you a three year window to win and will allow us to retain pretty much whichever fa's we choose.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I am ROFLMAOing at this thread. Notice how Eagles fans pay Jalen Hurts much less attention than Cowboys fans pay Dak Prescott.

Eagles posters rarely flood a Hurts thread, but on general Eagles threads you can count on a few of them to always show up.

Also, while Eagles fans sometimes trash Dak.... it's the Cowboys they really hate. I think the majority are just hating Dak by association. Contrary to 49ers fans.... some of them really have it out for Dak, or maybe they're just constantly defending Purdy and bashing Dak to make their point. Yes, there are more Niner Purdy fanboys than Eagles Hurts fanboys.... I truly think that. I just find all that funny.
Maybe, just maybe they are making the eye test.