Cap Space as of June 1st - $20.4 million

rambo2

Reaction score
And yet they are going to wonder why we are losing against teams who are instead going 'all-in'. This penny pinching, conservative approach is why. You're not going to win being cheap in this modern cap restricted era
They might be just fine. They had a plan on how to build a team and they are right on the brink.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Omg, Dak’s contractbwill kill our cap.space. how are we gonna sign all these FAs and build a team.....

let's go.and get us some of these great FAs now...
Well you could say we cut Amari Cooper to save cap space last season which killed are chances of doing anything good last year

Jarntt

Reaction score
I agree. I do not see anything huge happening at this point. They will be content going into TC as is, except for a few bottom roster churning Such as another K.
One of the DB's or WR's will be let go to make room.

Unless they get a cap friendly deal done with Lamb or Diggs. I can't see either of those until right before the season starts.

If CB looks strong, and Lewis not recovered from his injury, they could release him to create even more room. But right now they would need to reach an injury settlement. So they will wait until he is cleared for practice.

Any other signings will be because of necessity from injuries and or trades.

The cap is expected to increase about $34 million or about that for 2024. With Dak's cap hit of $59 million. I am sure they would like $54 million to see what needs to be done. Not sure how much more they can from other players. Also Pollard counts as $10 million this year, and will be a FA again next year. They should let him test FA, well, depends upon his year. But that is a lot for a RB according to many on here. Especially for a RB that can't carry the load.
Holy crap. I forgot the cap was going up so much next year (I think to $256M). I think that definitely makes me less concerned about bringing in another high priced player if they find one (likely would be via trade or someone cut between now and week 1). Also makes me more likely to want to sign one of these veteran OL sitting out there even if to be a backup.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well you could say we cut Amari Cooper to save cap space last season which killed are chances of doing anything good last year
We didn't cut him.because of cap. In fact last year we had 20M cap space. It was a personal thing with Jerry and Cooper. He gave him.away, almost as an insult. We could have redone his contract too and had 10M in cap still.

Jerry is an idiot

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
serious like other teams looking for decade for payer even on daks level..sure that reality or NOT.

so draft one its automatic huh? i can list 20 teams that will say otherwise. many give up and go get a dak, Watson., cousins, Wilson, rogers or other at steep trade price because finding one in the draft easily not #1 overall is crapshoot.. that's the point. its why Daniel jones got 42mil LOL

why dont they move on? Daks for sure better than jones but they paid him anyway, same with retreads i mentioned ie sam, baker, and others like wentz always getting another shot.. you all want a Brissett/Tyrod type and even a player like him is tough to hit on first try,

reality in the nfl; good qbs are hard find, great qbs tougher, and elite is the unicorn pick and typically you have to be BAD for years picking top 3 to hit on one. Cleveland had like 10 years with 2-3 first round picks and still couldn't get one and ended up getting fleeced for Watson.
Had our chance but took Zeke instead.
Should have traded out of that pick, for future draft capital.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They're gonna keep that cap bankroll and it will be fatter come next spring when we cut the Dak fat.
Remember no one has rushed to extend inepto Prescott.........
Why is that??????????????????????????????????????????? :eek:
the phrase "Fool me once..." ever cross your mind?

Xavier187

Reaction score
Three things I Would try.

Not related to the three things get Diggs and Lamb under contract.

First call the Bears see if they have intreast in trading Teven Jenkins OT/OG. Maybe they would have intreast in Gallimore or Lewis or Cox maybe a day three pick and one of the mentioned players. Plug in Jenkins at LG and see what he does. Dude has speed and power. Just hasn't had the wright coaching.

Second call the Cardinals. See what the cost of Simmons is. I believe he would thrive under Quinns def. Honestly believe the guy can play ball. Just the cards don't really now how to coach. Seems like there draft picks are always what ifs on where they play them. Not solid drafting needs but bpa and not noting what to do with them. Simmons is solid and could be a real gem if we could net him.

Last call up the 49ers offer Gallimore and a 7th rounder for Kinlaw and see where there head at. Hear is another guy who just may need a change of scenery and a different coaching style. Kinlaw isn't a bad player he just needs better coaching . I get it the 49ers where tops in the df category. But they also have studs blocking lower guys.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Let's go find one. Lead the way. Tell us who? I am right there with you.
We have been drafting very well lately, why shouldn't the quality evaluation extend to QB, its always tricky on how you invest franchise money at the QB position, but this franchise will be investing soon there, next year's draft class looks fairly deep.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Had our chance but took Zeke instead.
Should have traded out of that pick, for future draft capital.
Really that's all you got you go way back to the draft when we picked Prescott and he turned out to be a top ten quarterback they had had no losing seasons and saying that we had our chance to replace him then that makes zero sense, stay off the junk.

By the way my argument that you replied to still remains exactly the same I mean they took Trey Lance and gave up three first round picks for the guy I mean tell me how many quarterbacks have gotten picked in the top 10 over the last decade that fell on their face and failed completely and yet Prescott has been a top ten quarterback whether you like it or not he has not been our only issue you don't replace the guy that easily but to say that we had a chance to do better than Prescott in that draft by simply not taking zeke again I don't know what you're huffing but you need to live in the present we're talking about now and about how hard it is to find a quarterback it could take years, a decade we've seen it with other teams that are still doing it.

Literally you're living in some kind of fantasy world that have not been paying attention to the NFL and there are teams like The Jets and the Browns in Washington and others even Denver they've had first round picks and tried everything to replace their quarterback and they could not until they got desperate and gave up their entire drafts in order to bring over overpaid quarterbacks that aren't paying off yet

So sure our rookie of the year quarterback that has never had a losing season that's been to the playoffs four out of the six years that he's been healthy was just a huge mistake LMAO get over yourself, real gms have struggles to found qbs even on Daks level let alone better but you have all the answers. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Really that's all you got you go way back to the draft when we picked Prescott and he turned out to be a top ten quarterback they had had no losing seasons and saying that we had our chance to replace him then that makes zero sense, stay off the junk.

By the way my argument that you replied to still remains exactly the same I mean they took Trey Lance and gave up three first round picks for the guy I mean tell me how many quarterbacks have gotten picked in the top 10 over the last decade that fell on their face and failed completely and yet Prescott has been a top ten quarterback whether you like it or not he has not been our only issue you don't replace the guy that easily but to say that we had a chance to do better than Prescott in that draft by simply not taking zeke again I don't know what you're huffing but you need to live in the present we're talking about now and about how hard it is to find a quarterback it could take years, a decade we've seen it with other teams that are still doing it.

Literally you're living in some kind of fantasy world that have not been paying attention to the NFL and there are teams like The Jets and the Browns in Washington and others even Denver they've had first round picks and tried everything to replace their quarterback and they could not until they got desperate and gave up their entire drafts in order to bring over overpaid quarterbacks that aren't paying off yet

So sure our rookie of the year quarterback that has never had a losing season that's been to the playoffs four out of the six years that he's been healthy was just a huge mistake LMAO get over yourself, real gms have struggles to found qbs even on Daks level let alone better but you have all the answers. :facepalm: :rolleyes:
How often do we draft out of the 4 hole?
When you do, you better use it wisely, not on any RB, ever.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How often do we draft out of the 4 hole?
When you do, you better use it wisely, not on any RB, ever.
Sure you're 100% correct Mr. GM I mean don't get me wrong but I'm supposed to believe you and other teams took Barkley and fournette in the same area it happens sometimes and some are still taking running backs in the top 15 every once in a while they see a special one and zeke was one of the best looking running backs that's come out in years think about that back-to-back 1800 yard seasons in college playing in college championship he carried that off and those quarterbacks were trash he was putting up 200 yard games against top competition

now again if you don't want to take a running back there there wasn't a quarterback where taken there I mean you don't need more hindsight than the fact that Carson wentz and Goff were the only other quarterbacks that even were decent in that draft technically we got the best quarterback in that draft unless you want to debate it with a fine tooth comb he literally was so you could flip it it doesn't matter where you drafted the players as long as you got the players and the fact that Prescott and zeke both were key to our offense for a while it you could just look at it any way you want you could say we took Prescott at #4 overall and took zeke in the 4th it doesn't matter we're still both made the team and still did damage in the NFL the team concept comes into the failures in the playoffs

everyone keeps saying we should have took ramseys and Henry Henry didn't carry his team to any Super Bowls either and jalen Ramsey is on his third team he didn't elevate any of the teams he was on he was just very good at his position just like Prescott and just like zeke they need to be on the right team to get one of those team rings

so I'm not sure who you think we should have drafted the definitely wasn't a quarterback at four that was better than Prescott in that draft you're saying move around trade a bunch of picks no you're using hindsight since we're sitting here seven years later that's too late there's no go backsies there's no hindsight in debates they both at their individual positions have played very well

so back to my original thought that I already tight stay in the moment stay in today and we need to worry about what we need to do this year and next year not from what we did back in 2016 so let's move on it makes zero sense to think that there might be a way you can finagle the draft in hindsight and go back seven years and pick out players you know did what and then say we should have took them that is not how it works :popcorn: