Cap space now at $20 million

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Trading Cooper frees up $16 million and leaves the front office with about $20 million in cap space.

Extending Schultz could create another $6 million in space.

Right now Shultz is costing 11Mil with the Franchise Tag....aint saving nothing....its costing big time

irishline

Reaction score
They came out and said that was fake.

I wonder how they spin the lack of free agency signings now that they have over $20 million

The "tampering" period for free agency starts Monday and free agency starts Wednesday. I mean other than our own we can't really talk to anyone (Wagner exception because he was cut). That and they just cleared 16 of the 20 million an hour ago.

I agree that we should not expect them to do anything, but can we at least wait until they don't before we complain that they don't?

Carson

Reaction score
The "tampering" period for free agency starts Monday and free agency starts Wednesday. I mean other than our own we can't really talk to anyone (Wagner exception because he was cut). That and they just cleared 16 of the 20 million an hour ago.

I agree that we should not expect them to do anything, but can we at least wait until they don't before we complain that they don't?
Mostly it’s Hill, Watkins saying we won’t do much.

Hopefully that changed

CWR

Reaction score
Getting rid of Coop doesn't make this team better period. Not for a damn 5th!

I dont care about stats. I saw an ineffective, unreliable offense after Denver. Now we will be without our best weapon, and for what? Just what in the hell will they do with the cap savings? Nothing, like always they won't do a damn thing except over pay our own guys. That doesn't make us better. Smh

Carson

Reaction score
A long term deal for Gallup and Kearse should result in a lower cap charge this year. Just backload it and there should still be space to grab a guy like Wagner— if they wanted to— which they don’t— but ya get the point
That’s my thinking. Backload Gallup and Kearse. Extend Schultz and do the same. Bring in Wagner and get ready to draft

Kingofholland

Reaction score
A long term deal for Gallup and Kearse should result in a lower cap charge this year. Just backload it and there should still be space to grab a guy like Wagner— if they wanted to— which they don’t— but ya get the point

I would love Wagner even though he's getting older, probably could squeeze a couple productive years.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Getting rid of Coop doesn't make this team better period. Not for a damn 5th!

I dont care about stats. I saw an ineffective, unreliable offense after Denver. Now we will be without our best weapon, and for what? Just what in the hell will they do with the cap savings? Nothing, like always they won't do a damn thing except over pay our own guys. That doesn't make us better. Smh

Yup. Our offense just got worse. Holes at WR and OL (once Collins is traded) are gaping.

They only know how to react. Very little strategic thinking or viable roster management philosophy from the “braintrust” of this once proud franchise.

Continually having to correct their own mistakes by compounding them with new ones. Ugggh. What a kick to the nutsack.

200w.gif

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think the rookie pool is $8-10 million
It is about half that because for each rookie there is already a salary accounted for....usually a minimum deal. You remove existing contracts for each guy.

dsouth234

Reaction score
Bleacher report (yeah I know) just reported the cowboys are now close to 36 million under the cap.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Another thread expecting us to do anything.

They lock up Gallup and Kearse and we’re back to 0
wrong... Gallup is looking in the 10 million per, likely big singing bonus, small cap hit this year. They are doing EXACTLY what they needed to be doing. Just no pleasing some of you.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys will need 8 million to sign the 2022 rookie class. But, likely won’t need that until May.

Carson

Reaction score
wrong... Gallup is looking in the 10 million per, likely big singing bonus, small cap hit this year. They are doing EXACTLY what they needed to be doing. Just no pleasing some of you.
They have $16 million.

Gallup and Kearse should equal around 16

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They came out and said that was fake.

I wonder how they spin the lack of free agency signings now that they have over $20 million
they dont need to spin, because they dont give one damn what we think. The need to sign gregory, possibly wilson, and they are about to do Gallup. That was always the plan, they just didnt share it with you. No way is Wagner coming. You think we should sign a 32 year old LB for 10 plus million per? bahahahahahahhaha