Cap space now at $20 million

rambo2

Reaction score
Another thread expecting us to do anything.

They lock up Gallup and Kearse and we’re back to 0
You don't like being the division favorite? They certainly will spend the entire allowed cap amount and fill a roster that will be the division favorite.

rambo2

Reaction score
Regardless of who they sign now, they got to where they are CAP-wise by trading one of their better players. As of now, the team is worse than it was in 2021. Let's see how it plays out from here.
They still are very good and free agency hasn't even started and this team is good at drafting.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t you all love the doom and gloom before FA has even started….of course you do…:lmao:

I will save mine for a few weeks when I find out you are all correct, :muttley:
Or maybe not.

Creeper

Reaction score
They still are very good and free agency hasn't even started and this team is good at drafting.

Do you have expectations they will sign a WR as good as Cooper in free agency? I don't. That doesn't necessarily bother me depending on how they approach 2022. If the add to the defense, and OL to build a quality running game, losing Cooper will not bother me in the least. Although I am still disappointed in the trade value they got for him.

And we can never forget losing Cooper is the result of Jerry offering him way too much money to begin with - and that was a result of Jerry giving the Raiders a 1st round pick for him. Anyone who thinks Jerry overpaid to keep Cooper was not Jerry trying not to look like a fool for giving up a 1st round pick for Cooper hasn't been watching Jerry for very long.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There is absolutely no chance they sign Wagner. Zippo.
Would love Wagner, but another less spoken about fa available is Oluokun.
Both would instantly make this one of the best defenses in the league, despite what happens with DLaw or Gregory.

RoboQB

Reaction score
$20 million in cap space!
Great!
Now, let's go get us a #1 WR..... oh wait. Nevermind.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
[

We better draft a RB. Elliott is pretty much worthless. Pollard will likely head out when Stephen Jones gives him his "honest offer".

Really Zeke is worthless as you put it. Worthless. OK ! Right

rambo2

Reaction score
Do you have expectations they will sign a WR as good as Cooper in free agency? I don't. That doesn't necessarily bother me depending on how they approach 2022. If the add to the defense, and OL to build a quality running game, losing Cooper will not bother me in the least. Although I am still disappointed in the trade value they got for him.

And we can never forget losing Cooper is the result of Jerry offering him way too much money to begin with - and that was a result of Jerry giving the Raiders a 1st round pick for him. Anyone who thinks Jerry overpaid to keep Cooper was not Jerry trying not to look like a fool for giving up a 1st round pick for Cooper hasn't been watching Jerry for very long.
I think they would sign Gallup and and for sure draft a good one. The Cooper actually worked well for Dallas. No receiver in the draft that year was better than Cooper and you got Cooper a season earlier than whoever they could have picked. They got good production for Cooper and they got money back and draft capital for him in trade.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still don't think the player is worth it. He is a 4th round talent, and a guy who was close to being released two years ago. I don't think you pay $10 million a year for a player that isn't special. And Schultz isn't. And that's what a long term deal with him will cost at a minimum, cap tricks, kicking the can, or not.

That should show you how bad they misuse their backups. If jarwin hadn't gotten hurt Schultz wouldn't have a shot. Takes an act of Congress to get pollard more than 3 carries a game.

plymkr

Reaction score
They came out and said that was fake.

I wonder how they spin the lack of free agency signings now that they have over $20 million
I believe the phrase is : "we like our guys". At least that's been the story for quite some time.