Cap space now at $20 million

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lmao exactly!

They have 24 million to spend.

Give Gallup his 10, Wagner 8-10, Kearse his money and head into the draft.

They finally have money and we will still see these cheap wads not spend a time to get better

Dallas backloads and restructures to the moon; this means Gallup’s deal may only be 5-8m on this year’s cap. Others would be similarly designed if as long term. So you have lots of wiggle room

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea... they tagged him so they have time to work out a deal. They are not planning on him being tagged for this year and being a 10 million hit on the cap.

I still don't think the player is worth it. He is a 4th round talent, and a guy who was close to being released two years ago. I don't think you pay $10 million a year for a player that isn't special. And Schultz isn't. And that's what a long term deal with him will cost at a minimum, cap tricks, kicking the can, or not.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I still don't think the player is worth it. He is a 4th round talent, and a guy who was close to being released two years ago. I don't think you pay $10 million a year for a player that isn't special. And Schultz isn't. And that's what a long term deal with him will cost at a minimum, cap tricks, kicking the can, or not.
no it wont.... in any event.. he was third in receptions for a TE and 2nd in rec tds for a TE.... I dont care what rd talent you think he is. If thats the case, every team would have a 4th rd te getting them Schultz type numbers.... 16 teams werent close to schultz numbers at the TE position.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

you don’t. He’s absolutely expendable and a player whose production can be duplicated by a rookie or a veteran tight end for much cheaper and at about 80% of what schultz is. He’s a benefactor of ceedee and amari (whose now gone) getting tremendous attention.
stats can lie.

Schultz is an average player at best. We should have let him walk and in fact imo of the 5 guys who were on the “cap casualty hot seat”: cooper, Gallup, Lawrence, Gregory, Schultz we kept the 2 most expendable and seem hell bent on doing so. Gallup missed 6 weeks early in the year and the teams offense didn’t miss him 1 iota.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no it wont.... in any event.. he was third in receptions for a TE and 2nd in rec tds for a TE.... I dont care what rd talent you think he is.

Ooh, butthurt much?

The player was just tagged at $11 million. He’s not about to sign a long term deal for less than that. Big lie to yourself if you need to.

If thats the case, every team would have a 4th rd te getting them Schultz type numbers.... 16 teams werent close to schultz numbers at the TE position.

The fact is that there are plenty of Schultz level players in this league. That’s exactly WHY he was there in round 4. And he did what he did because he was the check down option in this offense. The fourth receiver of the group.

He’s not a ‘franchise’ player in any sense of the word. Or the cost.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
you don’t. He’s absolutely expendable and a player whose production can be duplicated by a rookie or a veteran tight end for much cheaper and at about 80% of what schultz is. He’s a benefactor of ceedee and amari (whose now gone) getting tremendous attention.
stats can lie.

Schultz is an average player at best. We should have let him walk and in fact imo of the 5 guys who were on the “cap casualty hot seat”: cooper, Gallup, Lawrence, Gregory, Schultz we kept the 2 most expendable and seem hell bent on doing so. Gallup missed 6 weeks early in the year and the teams offense didn’t miss him 1 iota.

Yeah it’s easy to replicate 800 receiving yards and 8 TDs with a rookie. Just ask OJ Howard…

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yeah it’s easy to replicate 800 receiving yards and 8 TDs with a rookie. Just ask OJ Howard…

Schultz is a benefactor of everything around him. You can get a guy for cheaper that replicates 75-80% of what he does. The fact that he has that many yards is actually a problem that’s deeper rooted. You don’t pay for schultz’s of the world when you have cap issues.

Cmac

Reaction score
.....but what confidence is there to grab a marquee FA?

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Schultz is a benefactor of everything around him. You can get a guy for cheaper that replicates 75-80% of what he does. The fact that he has that many yards is actually a problem that’s deeper rooted. You don’t pay for schultz’s of the world when you have cap issues.
Uh huh

conner01

Reaction score
“Don’t have money to improve”
20 mil doesn’t go far
Take out the money for draft and think about the number of FA you have to sign
It’s not that much money
But we could possibly clear more and you can backload new signings

Carson

Reaction score
20 mil doesn’t go far
Take out the money for draft and think about the number of FA you have to sign