Captain Marvel Trailer (New Trailer Post 37)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely makes the trailer seem more substantial.
I have been burned on trailers in the past (Fantastic Four anyone? :facepalm: ) but it always falls on the movie itself to deliver the goods. That said, it is good knowing the backstory of these characters sometimes so the trailers are more relatable. Now I shall cross my fingers and hope the end-product does not end up being a dud. :laugh::(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been burned on trailers in the past (Fantastic Four anyone? :facepalm: ) but it always falls on the movie itself to deliver the goods. That said, it is good knowing the backstory of these characters sometimes so the trailers are more relatable. Now I shall cross my fingers and hope the end-product does not end up being a dud. :laugh::(
I still haven't seen the reboot of Fantastic Four. It looked bad in the trailers, and that's been confirmed by everyone I know who saw it....not that the ones with Jessica Alba were great, but hey, at least they had Jessica Alba.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Ironically, the reluctant hero premise is associated with a number of comic book characters--especially those under the Marvel umbrella.

It's part of The Hero Journey structure of storytelling. Hero gets a call to adventure, refuses the call, something terrible happens forcing hero to reconsider.

It's been around as long as people have been telling stories.

I'm just tired of it, is all. I'll bet she says that line because someone is asking her to save the day or do the right thing but she's troubled by her "dark past" even though she was brainwashed.

That's fine, I just hope the next trailer makes the movie more entertaining. It looks like a DC movie at this point.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I am a big marvel fan but I have to be honest...That trailer did nothing for me.
I am hoping the movie might be great and this just be a bad trailer but man that looked lame/boring/crappy all rolled into one.

Maybe later trailers will change my mind.

Same.

Looks like one big cliche.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The storyline's resolution is not that complicated even with the multitude of embedded characters if the films continue their loose reference with the comics. Avengers Infinity War Part 1 is easily one third of the revealed plot. Avengers Infinity War Part 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Part 3 should wrap things up neatly and contextually in my opinion.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Guardians 3. Thanks to the bungling of the James Gunn situation, that entire franchise is in perpetual limbo.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
IdDjR5X.png

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Her suit or uniform, whatever one calls it, is lame.
Is it the blue green kree color scheme? Or the one that incorporates the red and yellow? Or just the movie uniform entirely?

I have always preferred the original Captain Marvel’s (non Kree military version) uniform myself:

WPdnXp1.jpg

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Is it the blue green kree color scheme? Or the one that incorporates the red and yellow? Or just the movie uniform entirely?

I have always preferred the original Captain Marvel’s (non Kree military version) uniform myself:

Just don't see anything that makes her look destinctive in (her look).

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I am a big marvel fan but I have to be honest...That trailer did nothing for me.
I am hoping the movie might be great and this just be a bad trailer but man that looked lame/boring/crappy all rolled into one.

Maybe later trailers will change my mind.

It’s such a relief for me. Lol

Movie trailers have been showing TOO MUCH of movie fir me.

I was actually happy that this wasn’t much.

joseephuss

Reaction score
It’s such a relief for me. Lol

Movie trailers have been showing TOO MUCH of movie fir me.

I was actually happy that this wasn’t much.

The movie is still 6 months away, so you will be showing quite a bit more in the future. I thought it showed quite a bit.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'll wair for DC's movie SHAZAM when they do a serious version.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The storyline's resolution is not that complicated even with the multitude of embedded characters if the films continue their loose reference with the comics. Avengers Infinity War Part 1 is easily one third of the revealed plot. Avengers Infinity War Part 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Part 3 should wrap things up neatly and contextually in my opinion.
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 = Avengers 4: Endgame... The first trailer is out on it as well. Guardians of the Galaxy Part 3 still on hold due to losing the director.