Captain Marvel Trailer (New Trailer Post 37)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 = Avengers 4: Endgame... The first trailer is out on it as well. Guardians of the Galaxy Part 3 still on hold due to losing the director.
Endgame may literally be 'endgame'. That may certainly be the case for Thanos and the predicament he introduced for the universe.

However, the Infinity Stones plot device may not end with Endgame. plus, the James Gunn dilemma may still resolve itself with or without his continued involvement since there is way too much investment and potential profit in the Guardians Of The Galaxy franchise. The stones and the Guardians are the two main reasons why I do not believe Endgame will wrap 'everything' up this coming April.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Endgame may literally be 'endgame'. That may certainly be the case for Thanos and the predicament he introduced for the universe.

However, the Infinity Stones plot device may not end with Endgame. plus, the James Gunn dilemma may still resolve itself with or without his continued involvement since there is way too much investment and potential profit in the Guardians Of The Galaxy franchise. The stones and the Guardians are the two main reasons why I do not believe Endgame will wrap 'everything' up this coming April.
I agree. There is no way "Endgame" resolves all the chaos that happened in "Infinity War". It will take another "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie at a minimum to make things right plus I believe it will also take some doing by the introduction of "Captain Marvel" into the mix. Killing half of all living creatures is not so easy to overcome. And we still have a "Black Widow" movie to look forward to.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I am a big marvel fan but I have to be honest...That trailer did nothing for me.
I am hoping the movie might be great and this just be a bad trailer but man that looked lame/boring/crappy all rolled into one.

Maybe later trailers will change my mind.
she's too robotic.

also, if we're going to be playing with kree's and skrulls, we need Nova and ROM to show up next. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
she's too robotic.

also, if we're going to be playing with kree's and skrulls, we need Nova and ROM to show up next. :)
lol @ ROM :muttley:

I would LOVE seeing Nova introduced in the MCU. The initial framework has already been established in the first Guardians movie, so it would not take hard work or appear as a stretch getting bucket head onto the big screen.

Off-topic question. Did you ever consider Nova's helmet was inspired by DC's Dr. Fate's? They have always been drawn practically the same in my opinion.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Want it like the Marvel films, is my point. The Shazam movie thats coming out looks cornball at the highest level.
which would be what shazam ever was.

i can't ever picture a "serious" shazam comic book. they may have done it later when he went all "hoodie" and so forth but when i was "aware" of shazam there was lady mar-vel, mar-vel jr, the dog had shazam powers and so forth. it was more like mr magoo than it was ever close to being serious. besides, i just can't picture anyone being serious screaming SHAZAM in order to get super powers. if i were a writer i'd struggle pretty hard with that as it's on the lines of "oh mighty isis!" calling for the winds to lift her up on high.

i'd much rather see something on the serious side also but i'd never pick shazam to lead the way cause i never saw them ever take themselves seriously.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
lol @ ROM :muttley:

I would LOVE seeing Nova introduced in the MCU. The initial framework has already been established in the first Guardians movie, so it would not take hard work or appear as a stretch getting bucket head onto the big screen.

Off-topic question. Did you ever consider Nova's helmet was inspired by DC's Dr. Fate's? They have always been drawn practically the same in my opinion.
they are pretty close to be sure.

as for ROM, it could work. can you imagine todays special effects making a spaceknight? i'd rather not go the route of every knight has their own "outfit" - that got a bit crazy when they had a bunch of 'em running around. but if avengers is going to introduce the skree there there's no reason ROM can't come along and start killing them also.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
but if we're doing dream movies, the micronauts could be one HELL of a series / run of movies that are not really "super heros" but science fiction in nature.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they are pretty close to be sure.

as for ROM, it could work. can you imagine todays special effects making a spaceknight? i'd rather not go the route of every knight has their own "outfit" - that got a bit crazy when they had a bunch of 'em running around. but if avengers is going to introduce the skree there there's no reason ROM can't come along and start killing them also.
It would be an amazing evolution. Originally a toy, then a marketing comic, and finally a realized integrated Marvel character. ROM will have traveled a unique route to the big screen. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but if we're doing dream movies, the micronauts could be one HELL of a series / run of movies that are not really "super heros" but science fiction in nature.
Micronauts would be fantastic with the right producer and director with vision and CGI ca$h.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It would be an amazing evolution. Originally a toy, then a marketing comic, and finally a realized integrated Marvel character. ROM will have traveled a unique route to the big screen. :)
keep the base story of a planet under attack by the skrulls and they need to put on "living armor" that will be their identity moving forward, making the ultimate sacrifice to become "cyborg" so to speak. some cameos from heros like they did early on with the xmen and others would be fun also.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Micronauts would be fantastic with the right producer and director with vision and CGI ca$h.
they really went nuts with this title and ROM also several years back when the art looked more like a bad mushroom high than art.

but think if how much fun you could have with bug being the comedian and acroyer the straight man.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
which would be what shazam ever was.

i can't ever picture a "serious" shazam comic book. they may have done it later when he went all "hoodie" and so forth but when i was "aware" of shazam there was lady mar-vel, mar-vel jr, the dog had shazam powers and so forth. it was more like mr magoo than it was ever close to being serious. besides, i just can't picture anyone being serious screaming SHAZAM in order to get super powers. if i were a writer i'd struggle pretty hard with that as it's on the lines of "oh mighty isis!" calling for the winds to lift her up on high.

i'd much rather see something on the serious side also but i'd never pick shazam to lead the way cause i never saw them ever take themselves seriously.

As a kid I loved the late 70's tv show Shazam, and every time Billy Batson yelled 'SHAZAM' it was in a serious tone and a reason I loved the show.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's funny that you bring up ROM and the Micronauts, two of the outside properties that Marvel produced successful comics about. I couldn't help but to wonder, given the amount of cash that Disney/Marvel has at their disposal, if they haven't quietly purchased the film rights for both of those properties?

It certainly makes sense and would obviously be much cheaper than the billions they spent to reacquire their character rights back from Fox. From the day the Quantum Realm was mentioned in Ant-Man I've been wondering about Marvel doing something with the Micronauts.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
As a kid I loved the late 70's tv show Shazam, and every time Billy Batson yelled 'SHAZAM' it was in a serious tone and a reason I loved the show.

yea, i never could take this one seriously.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It's funny that you bring up ROM and the Micronauts, two of the outside properties that Marvel produced successful comics about. I couldn't help but to wonder, given the amount of cash that Disney/Marvel has at their disposal, if they haven't quietly purchased the film rights for both of those properties?

It certainly makes sense and would obviously be much cheaper than the billions they spent to reacquire their character rights back from Fox. From the day the Quantum Realm was mentioned in Ant-Man I've been wondering about Marvel doing something with the Micronauts.
if disney did it right, baron karza could be a modern day darth vader. easy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if disney did it right, baron karza could be a modern day darth vader. easy.

Oh I agree. And like you mentioned, Bug would be a hoot brought to life!

I did some digging on the Micronauts movie rights and there was talk of someone making a film, but I have never seen anything materialize after that.

Disney and Marvel certainly have the resources to acquire the rights if they chose to do so. And personally, I think the ROM and Micronauts properties have more promise that either the Inhumans (their failed X-Men substitute) or the announce Eternals do.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Oh I agree. And like you mentioned, Bug would be a hoot brought to life!

I did some digging on the Micronauts movie rights and there was talk of someone making a film, but I have never seen anything materialize after that.

Disney and Marvel certainly have the resources to acquire the rights if they chose to do so. And personally, I think the ROM and Micronauts properties have more promise that either the Inhumans (their failed X-Men substitute) or the announce Eternals do.
well i keep hearing talk of redoing Logans Run also and hell, i've got an amazing trilogy built around this but the entire idea keeps dying. last i heard they were doing with the writer from hunger games and making logan a woman.

getting really tired of feminizing everything tbh.