Captain Marvel Trailer (New Trailer Post 37)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a kid I loved the late 70's tv show Shazam, and every time Billy Batson yelled 'SHAZAM' it was in a serious tone and a reason I loved the show.

I liked Shazam but I must admit I always reminisce about Isis every time I think of that show. The same thing happens when I think of Hercules The Legendary Journeys (or was it Adventures?). My mind wanders straight to Xena. Lucy Lawless. sigh. Gabrielle. yuck.

Disclaimer for current young people or old people who did not watch Saturday morning television: Isis was a 1970's television show that had nothing to do with terrorism. It was not necessary for me to type that but you never know with some readers...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I liked Shazam but I must admit I always reminisce about Isis every time I think of that show. The same thing happens when I think of Hercules The Legendary Journeys (or was it Adventures?). My mind wanders straight to Xena. Lucy Lawless. sigh. Gabrielle. yuck.

Disclaimer for current young people or old people who did not watch Saturday morning television: Isis was a 1970's television show that had nothing to do with terrorism. It was not necessary for me to type that but you never know with some readers...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well i keep hearing talk of redoing Logans Run also and hell, i've got an amazing trilogy built around this but the entire idea keeps dying. last i heard they were doing with the writer from hunger games and making logan a woman.

getting really tired of feminizing everything tbh.

Last I had heard about that remake, Matt Damon was supposed to play the lead. But nothing for a few years now

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

I saw the last SHAZAM episode being filmed as a kid in Moorpark, California. The one with Isis. You can see the Moorpark movie theater sign in the show,. I remember seeing the white van parked at the railroad tracks (I lived right near there), and the cast. My brother got Isis's autograph. It was my fav show at the time.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Last I had heard about that remake, Matt Damon was supposed to play the lead. But nothing for a few years now
wow. matt damon to play someone who will be killed by either 21 or 30 depending on which direction they go.

not sure they have enough make up for that job.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
As a kid, i did.
oh i think we took a lot of it seriously back then but when i look back at 6 million dollar man, the logans run TV show (much less movie), and shows like ISIS, they simply were not that good overall, to me. if others enjoyed them then fantastic, not trying to belittle that at all.

i just don't recall too many times the character or writer ever took Shazam in the same light as say an Iron Man or something.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wow. matt damon to play someone who will be killed by either 21 or 30 depending on which direction they go.

not sure they have enough make up for that job.

Maybe that's why they scrapped it?
:laugh: