Cardinals Had To Add 4 Hours Of "Independent Study" Per Game Week To Kyler Murrays Contract

kskboys

Reaction score
He's acting like a little kid. Don't sign the contract if you don't like it. He's mad that it got out. He got a 230M dollar contract and feels disrespected due to a clause? Laugh it off or just shut up, don't embarrass yourself with a speech.
He should be majorly embarrassed to have acted like this.

An adult answer would've been "I already do spend more than 4 hrs studying tape."

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, and to the question of whether other QB's have had clauses such as this one.

In the offseason prior to 2013, Romo got a huge extension. In exchange, Romo had to agree to spend more time at the facility and give a Payton Manning like commitment to the game. He had to agree to put down the golf clubs and be more accountable for the team's wins/losses.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If they were offering you 46 mil per year, you would have no problem w/ it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard to say. Under my current circumstances, no, I wouldn't. But if I'd been expecting to be a highly paid celebrity QB in the NFL, my mindset would probably be a bit more public image oriented. Something like this going public could conceivably hurt him in the future. It probably won't, as long as he plays lights out, but it certainly isn't something I'd be "just fine" with, if I were in his shoes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hard to say. Under my current circumstances, no, I wouldn't. But if I'd been expecting to be a highly paid celebrity QB in the NFL, my mindset would probably be a bit more public image oriented. Something like this going public could conceivably hurt him in the future. It probably won't, as long as he plays lights out, but it certainly isn't something I'd be "just fine" with, if I were in his shoes.
If this really hurts him, then he is a weak minded dude who doesn't deserve to be an NFL QB, and if I were ARI I'd start looking for a replacement.

ESisback

Reaction score
Oh, and to the question of whether other QB's have had clauses such as this one.

In the offseason prior to 2013, Romo got a huge extension. In exchange, Romo had to agree to spend more time at the facility and give a Payton Manning like commitment to the game. He had to agree to put down the golf clubs and be more accountable for the team's wins/losses.
And he did it, WITHOUT being offended.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Maybe it's been in some, but just not made public. There have probably been potentially more embarrassing clauses in player contracts that we've never heard of.

I'm not saying the clause was unnecessary, I don't know if it was or not. All I'm saying is it should've been kept private, unless he chose to share it.

Qb position is very different. Im gonna go out on a limb and say no qb has ever had something similar in a contract.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Look a couple posts back up. Romo's was very similar.
explain? maybe had something about golf is my guess. I see..... there is no way Romo had anything close to what Murray had. Like I said, there may have been something in regards to golf, but not spend more time prepping DURING the week.