Cardinals Had To Add 4 Hours Of "Independent Study" Per Game Week To Kyler Murrays Contract

Chuck 54

Reaction score
When you sign a contract that big with that much guaranteed money, you just laugh at addendums. No way he wasn’t going to sign for any reason. Independent study doesn’t even mean studying with coaches and receivers. The whole thing is funny.

ESisback

Reaction score
The first time he doesn’t put the time in, and they say something, he’ll start mumbling about being oppressed.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak also turned down a Kanye concert to study film his rookie season.
I remember that. I mean you reminded me but now i remember. Dak isn't perfect but his commitment to getting better is something I respect. Give me a less talented but committed, hard working player over a lazy talented player everytime. So I'd take Dak over Murray everytime.

plymkr

Reaction score
The first time he doesn’t put the time in, and they say something, he’ll start mumbling about being oppressed.
And the media talking heads will have a field day with his complaining. That's another headache for the Cards.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score

Imagine paying this guy as much money as Arizona did and then having to require, in his contract, that he watches at least 4 hours of film a week instead of playing video games.

Yes, the Cardinals literally had to add "playing video games" as something not allowed during Kylers mandated 4 hours of film watching per game week.

We'll make you 1 of the highest paid NFL players ever, but you have to promise that you'll care about your job, Kyler.

This is embarrassing for both Kyler and the Cardinals, but hey, it was his turn to get paid and that's just how contracts work, right?

No, what's embarrassing is that this is a story.. The fact that this guy beat us twice and was the best player on the field in both games says a lot about his sheer talent. He threw 3-Touchdown passes and a rushing TD as well. In those 2 games he scored 4 touchdowns and 0-interceptions | QBR=105.5 {1/2/2022} | QBR=93.8{10/19/2020} | You can definitely question his leadership and maturity level, but he's only 25 years old. I almost feel bad for him because now his teammates and coaches will question his dedication and desire to win.. And of course, there are "haters" and "doubters" that don't believe he is worth his contract, but if he's strong mentally he can use this as fuel that drives him to be great. I have a funny feeling that this little guy will prove all the detractors wrong.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Obviously, the Arizona Cardinals have painfully taken every precaution to arrive at an absurd conclusion about Kyler's contract. :muttley:

Last edited:

JBond

Reaction score
Those that want to be great at what they do, making coffee, or leading a franchise, should not require a financial reminder in their contact to try hard and be the best at what they do. This is very confusing for my generation.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
sounds like he will be out of the league in 4 to 5 years and happy with his money and his new gaming computer.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Cardinals need to milk him for all he is worth before he breaks down and disappears. Let him run around like a maniac and he will give you a good chance at a super bowl.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Can you imagine if they had to add this to Daks contract ?
The Zone would melt down with critisism !
Dak opened the door with the no trade no tag clause.
Its wide open now...
Daily massages.
Rub downs with exotic oils.
Adding the fine dust from a butterfly's wings to my tea twice a day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak opened the door with the no trade no tag clause.
Its wide open now...
Daily massages.
Rub downs with exotic oils.
Adding the fine dust from a butterfly's wings to my tea twice a day.
The no trade/tag was already in place when he did his deal. However, the fine dust from a butterfly's wings TWICE a day is absurd.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watching ESPN right now, and they're saying that clause has been removed from his contract.