Twitter: Cardinals media expecting Cowboys fans to takeover Sunday

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Sorry, but it doesn’t apply to NFL football.
It applies to life, which includes football.

I remember telling a young project manager who was always stressing out about what could go wrong on his projects to “stop borrowing trouble from tomorrow.” When I got a promotion and moved to Minnesota to take over the company office in Minneapolis, his wife insisted on him taking me to dinner with them to thank me. He took the advice to heart, stopped coming home all stressed out, and became both a better project manager and a better husband. He stopped bringing his work home with him.

Everyone could learn the lesson to spend today on today. Tomorrow will come soon enough. And when tomorrow becomes today, that is the time to worry about it. That applies to football, and every other venture in life.

Steps down from the podium….

P.S. This is why I am impatient with pundits and fans who insist that the Cowboys overcome their 27 years of playoff failures now. They can’t do anything about prior playoff failures until January. Worrying about the playoff performance of this team right now is an utter waste of time and emotion. Same goes for any speculation about whether they are SB favorites. Super Bowls don’t get played until February.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’m not assuming we’re not going to succeed, I’m just saying we better show up ready to play on Sunday if we want to succeed. It doesn’t matter that Murray isn’t playing, I mentioned him because we’re 0-2 against him. We’ve caught breaks in back to back weeks, no Aaron Rodgers and no Kyler Murray. We have yet to be tested against a legit contender that has a legit QB.
You're never going to be happy. You have to make up scenarios.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It applies to life, which includes football.

I remember telling a young project manager who was always stressing out about what could go wrong on his projects to “stop borrowing trouble from tomorrow.” When I got a promotion and moved to Minnesota to take over the company office in Minneapolis, his wife insisted on him taking me to dinner with them to thank me. He took the advice to heart, stopped coming home all stressed out, and became both a better project manager and a better husband. He stopped bringing his work home with him.

Everyone could learn the lesson to spend today on today. Tomorrow will come soon enough. And when tomorrow becomes today, that is the time to worry about it. That applies to football, and every other venture in life.

Steps down from the podium….

P.S. This is why I am impatient with pundits and fans who insist that the Cowboys overcome their 27 years of playoff failures now. They can’t do anything about prior playoff failures until January. Worrying about the playoff performance of this team right now is an utter waste of time and emotion. Same goes for any speculation about whether they are SB favorites. Super Bowls don’t get played until February.
Not taking it home is a real struggle.

Hardline

Reaction score
One year the Cardinals prevented that from happening by selling tickets to the Cowboys game to only those that bought preseason tickets.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How do you enjoy today if you are always borrowing trouble from tomorrow? I just don’t understand some fans. Are you addicted to worry?

“Have no worry for tomorrow, for sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”

If the Cowboys take care of practice on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, then Sunday will take care of itself. The question to ask is how are the Cowboys practicing today. Even worrying about practice tomorrow is a waste of emotional energy, much less worrying about the game on Sunday.

And just is case you don’t know the difference, planning is not the same thing as worrying. Preparing properly doesn’t have to include emotional angst over “what if” hypothetical problems.
We have been traumatized by the Garrett era. It's going to take some time to build trust. And maybe some therapy.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It’s not going to have any affect on a lot of fans here. Some don’t believe this Cowboys team is capable of losing a game especially not to the Cardinals. Lucky they don’t have Kyler Murray, he’s been a Cowboys killer. We still don’t have answers for mobile QBs.
Danial Jones is known very well to be a mobile QB.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m not assuming we’re not going to succeed, I’m just saying we better show up ready to play on Sunday if we want to succeed. It doesn’t matter that Murray isn’t playing, I mentioned him because we’re 0-2 against him. We’ve caught breaks in back to back weeks, no Aaron Rodgers and no Kyler Murray. We have yet to be tested against a legit contender that has a legit QB.
Naw man. You're looking at it wrong these days. In the past I’d have agreed. Not now.

They both caught breaks. Not us.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I been saying this for years. Can't change the past. Why get all down about what has not happened yet. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy each week as it unfolds.

As well, did anyone really expect there would not be any down years after the triplets were aging and gone, as well as the core of the team.
I knew it would take a while to rebuild. But mistakes made it go longer than it has, a 10 year mistake that should have been corrected after 3 straight win and in 8-8 seasons.
But those mistakes happened before then. After Bill quit.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
These are the kind of games that worry me the most. Everyone is conceding to the Cowboys. I just hope we show up ready to play. I don’t care who you’re playing you can’t fool around on the road.
Been saying that to myself as well

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Been saying that to myself as well
We’ve had a history the past decade or so, of not showing up for these type of games when we appear to have a real good team. Especially when we’re facing an average QB. I’ll never forget in 2014 we were riding a 6 game winning streak, facing a 2-5 Washington team that was down to their third QB Colt McCoy. Everyone was handing us the game predicting we would win easily. McCoy absolutely lit us up! We looked terrible in that game, and Romo ended up getting injured. That game could have derailed our season. When the Cowboys don’t show up for a game you first notice it with bad tackling and lack of effort. It’s still pretty early in the season for us to come in flat but we have to be careful with all the praise the team has been receiving. This is a road game and 3 of our 5 losses last season were on the road.