Cardinals release LB Daryl Washington. Any Interest?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Have you ever approved of anything from the Cowboys, or notions for the Cowboys?

Like ever? LOL

I have no time for malcontents, drug addicts, criminals, bad character guys that bring nothing but locker room problems with other players and coaches...have you not been paying attention at all over the last fifteen years with these malcontents on this team over the last twenty years...see Hardy, T,O, Pacman etc etc....Garrett has stated time and time again, he wants character players that play the right way.....what part of that is not clear to you?????

Why don't you ask yourself this question, if Washington was so great, why is Arizona getting rid of him.????

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have no time for malcontents, drug addicts, criminals, bad character guys that bring nothing but locker room problems with other players and coaches...have you not been paying attention at all over the last fifteen years with these malcontents on this team over the last twenty years...see Hardy, T,O, Pacman etc etc....Garrett has stated time and time again, he wants character players that play the right way.....what part of that is not clear to you?????

Why don't you ask yourself this question, if Washington was so great, why is Arizona getting rid of him.????
As Idgit said above, "play the right way" doesn't equate to off-field issues. He used McClain as an example.

I have no blithering idea why AZ let him go. Or why they held him so long as an inactive.

But thanks for the reply, truly.

Zordon

Reaction score
The man had his livelihood taken away from him for 3 years. Anybody who has ever been unemployed should know what that does to a man's psyche. If there's anybody I wouldn't be worried about it's him. I wish some of you would learn to give people a second chance at life. I know the people saying "pass" are going to be the same ones crying the loudest when the Patriots pick him up.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He couldn't stick on the Cardinals so please tell me why we would want a loser on our team.
Pass!!!

I'm with you if we're talking about giving up picks for the guy or a long term contract. But this is sort of the perfect thing you look for in a flier deal. A young, former allpro player who knows he can play well for a winning team under the big lights for a season. The only reason I'm not all over it is he'd take a spot from a fairly decent young wannabe right now and, with his suspension likelihood, I'm not sure we want to do that. We could end up out two decent players in the deal if we cut somebody and then this idiot gets himself suspended again.

Zordon

Reaction score
If you were the owner of this team would you even try this after our recent history?
Yes I would. Lee's health is never guaranteed. Smith is still a question mark and probably a year away from knocking the rust off. Behind them we have a couple of avg players.

Washington has been out of the league for a few years so he's probably tight on money and desperate to stay in line. He's from Irving, TX, give him a tryout, look him in his eyes and evaluate his character. We lose nothing kicking the tires.

What happened to "churn baby churn" on this site? It was a popular motto on here a few years ago. What happened with Gregory and Hardy has no relation to this man's situation.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
47640864.jpg

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
After seeing our defense last year, sure I'd bring him in for cheap where we can cut him if anything falls apart. If you are considering him for a director for a church youth group, hell no.

John813

Reaction score
Far less significant risk than Greg Hardy was.

What risk with Hardy? Locker room issues? Mental state?

Both abused their girlfriend, except one pleaded guilty and the other one was "not guilty".
One girlfriend broke her collarbone after he hit her and the other got bruises.
Add in Daryl and his substance abuse issues, sounds like someone who will be tested every other hour when reinstated.

Then add in the dude hasn't played since December of 2013. You can train, but that is one hell of a time away from football. Not sure why it lasted three years though. Even with the substance/domestic issue. Guess he got whacked due to the Ray Rice incident that happened in March of 14,

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Yes I would. Lee's health is never guaranteed. Smith is still a question mark and probably a year away from knocking the rust off. Behind them we have a couple of avg players.

Washington has been out of the league for a few years so he's probably tight on money and desperate to stay in line. He's from Irving, TX, give him a tryout, look him in his eyes and evaluate his character. We lose nothing kicking the tires.

What happened to "churn baby churn" on this site? It was a popular motto on here a few years ago. What happened with Gregory and Hardy has no relation to this man's situation.
Fair points. I don't agree but I understand

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What risk with Hardy? Locker room issues? Mental state?

Both abused their girlfriend, except one pleaded guilty and the other one was "not guilty".
One girlfriend broke her collarbone after he hit her and the other got bruises.
Add in Daryl and his substance abuse issues, sounds like someone who will be tested every other hour when reinstated.

Then add in the dude hasn't played since December of 2013. You can train, but that is one hell of a time away from football. Not sure why it lasted three years though. Even with the substance/domestic issue. Guess he got whacked due to the Ray Rice incident that happened in March of 14,

Do you know what happened with Daryl and the domestic abuse case?

He had arranged with his child's mother to have his child for the weekend his mother was here in Phoenix. When he showed up to pick up his kid, the ex told him he couldn't have his kid unless he agreed to pay more than the court-arranged child support. He said no, and tried to leave with his kid. She attacked him while he was holding their kid. He shoved her away.

She literally tried to hold their kid hostage for more money and she physically attacked him while he was holding their young child.

The weed stuff is another story, but the "physical assault" is not the beat down Greg Hardy's woman received.

John813

Reaction score

He had arranged with his child's mother to have his child for the weekend his mother was here in Phoenix. When he showed up to pick up his kid, the ex told him he couldn't have his kid unless he agreed to pay more than the court-arranged child support. He said no, and tried to leave with his kid. She attacked him while he was holding their kid. He shoved her away.

She literally tried to hold their kid hostage for more money and she physically attacked him while he was holding their young child.

The weed stuff is another story, but the "physical assault" is not the beat down Greg Hardy's woman received.

Honestly appreciate the info.
Optics wise I'm sure the media will skip that and just go with "Dallas signs another DA player".
Sucks, but he probably should of found another way of getting his child, like getting LEO involved, but that's water under the bridge

Zordon

Reaction score

I hate how Hardy/Gregory have made so many in the fanbase risk averse. I hope Will McClay is kicking the tires. For once, it would be nice to have an A+ unit on this defense.