Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah they restructured both of their contracts. Good catch. Offer Hopkins the Zeke savings on a one year deal. He would sign that. If the offensive line can hold up no team can cover Lamb, Cooks, and Hop.
I have a feeling some team like the Giants are going to throw a lot of cash his way. The Cowboys don't compete for players like that anymore. I also wonder how many years does DHop have in the tank. He's 31? He'll also be without PEDs.

But I would agree that a 1 year deal would be great.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
What makes you so confident
He can’t hear you. His Pom-Poms are rattling too loud.

Saying that, he was responding to a guy who would be ‘shocked’ if Tolbert does anything. Seems extreme in the opposite direction so I figure maybe he was just balancing things out.

Flamma

Reaction score
Y’all are seeing this the wrong way.
Arizona is paying him 21 million this year. He could sign a one year 4-8 million contract and be happy
Do we know that for sure? The dead cap hit could be money already paid to him that didn't yet hit the cap. Or like you said, money they owe him. Or a combo of both.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have a feeling some team like the Giants are going to throw a lot of cash his way. The Cowboys don't compete for players like that anymore. I also wonder how many years does DHop have in the tank. He's 31? He'll also be without PEDs.

Giants have to pay Barkley. They are not paying for DHop.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score

He 30, but wonder about that myself but 1 year deal have no problem with but someone will be signing him for more now that the Cards will be paying him to not play for them.

Flamma

Reaction score
I doubt Barkley’s cost is prohibitive of further signings. At the end of the day, he’s a RB.
It's not so much that Barkley is, it's that the Giants don't have a lot of cap space. The Jets are a different story. They have more than enough space with Rodgers hitting the cap at 1.2 million.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I doubt Barkley’s cost is prohibitive of further signings. At the end of the day, he’s a RB.
The Giants are loyal to Barkley like we were to Zeke. Barkley was the reason why the Giants were good last season not Jones.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
His numbers didnt drop at all. He got suspended. He was on pace for 120 catches and 1350 yards if he played a full season
Semantics, he’s been injured, suspended and not as productive for whatever reasons. “ on pace for” is useless stats.
The old saying, if a hoppy toad had wings it wouldn’t bump his azz” applies here.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can’t hear you. His Pom-Poms are rattling too loud.

Saying that, he was responding to a guy who would be ‘shocked’ if Tolbert does anything. Seems extreme in the opposite direction so I figure maybe he was just balancing things out.
My hearing is perfect. And I don't own any Pom-Poms. Never have. And I don't post to balance things out.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Here he is fellas….he is now available and you don’t have to surrender draft capital. Your boys have the cap space and the creativity to make this work pretty easily if you ask me. I think we all know Dallas, and all their fans, want and probably need two big targets, not just one. Here is your chance. I expect to see him signed by the end of the week. Honestly, you can’t go wrong….he is a beast.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So if we don’t sign this guy, we won’t win a Super Bowl. Ridiculous. Because one guy makes and breaks a team.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Calling it right now. If we do this we win the Super Bowl. If we don't we are the same pretender we've been for too long.

The stakes are high.
Yeah, I was waiting for someone to make the statement

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Had...he HAD a stretch. He is in his 11th year in the league. Injury prone past two years. Production has dropped off. It happens to all NFL players. And as you said you are thinking of Hopkins of the PAST. This is not that same hopkins
Did you watch him last year>?? I did.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You are thinking of Hopkins of few years ago.

He has had to deal with injuries in past two years and production has greatly dropped off as a result. Hebis in his 11thbyear in the league. So would youbputnhim above Lamb? Or Cooks?

Come on now.
I didnt realize Coks was still in his prime popping out 1k yard seasons.... but Hopkins is old? How old is cooks? Its a rhetorical question.