Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep.... I watched him.... i think against the Niners and it looked like he was out playing against Jr High kids.... open... and I mean OPEN by like 5-6 yards . He is a stud and would absolutely give us a dominant wr corps. Actually, probably the best ever for the Cowboys. He would be such a hug plus in so many ways. Anyone that said he would be 3rd or 4th wr should just be banned from commenting for 30 days for being a clown. He would immediately be 1 or 1a with cee dee.
I think he is a better than Ceedee right now. I think maybe you feature CeeDee more because Hopkins will get more attention from defense

plasticman

Reaction score
Hopkins will not accept an "unworthy" contract.

Lamb is our big contract receiver.

There can only be one.......and you heard it here first. :grin:

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Pick up Cook as a stud WR is useless for this offense!!!!
P.S. I'll assume you good folks know why after Dez and Coop......
Yeah, that would be a log jam at WR if we got DHop….limited by the QB to an extent. We really need another RB.

coult44

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be a log jam at WR if we got DHop….limited by the QB to an extent. We really need another RB.
Y’all are seeing this the wrong way.
Arizona is paying him 21 million this year. He could sign a one year 4-8 million contract and be happy

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I doubt he goes to Philly. No room for targets for him. Also doubt he comes here. Jets, Ravens, Bills and dark horse of Jacksonville.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Cards wet the bed when they paid QB1. Dude is not dedicated to winning which played a big part in Dhops numbers dropping. Dhop didn’t do himself any favors as well.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Lamb Hopkins Cooks.

Do it.

Just saw an interview with Hopkins and he was asked to name 5 QBs he would like to catch passes from. He names Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Jackson and Herbert. Before he names Herbert he is suggested DakPrescott and he ignores it while having a real small head shaking no. LOL he knows Prescott would get him hurt.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Follow the money guys when it comes to the Cowboys. At this time two wide receivers Gallup and Cooks have big cap hits. The Cowboys plan to extend CeeDee over the summer. That will be three sizable cap hits at the receiver position. I can’t see the Cowboys giving Hopkins the 10 million that would be needed to get him here. Especially when the offense seems to be set up to have more two wide receiver and two tight sets.

If the Cowboys want him, we would get him. The guy is the perfect complement to CeeDee and Cooks. Gallup is probably the reason we won’t sign him. I think he goes to the Patriots. They have cap room and are desperate for playmakers.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cards wet the bed when they paid QB1. Dude is not dedicated to winning which played a big part in Dhops numbers dropping. Dhop didn’t do himself any favors as well.
His numbers didnt drop at all. He got suspended. He was on pace for 120 catches and 1350 yards if he played a full season

Flamma

Reaction score
Follow the money guys when it comes to the Cowboys. At this time two wide receivers Gallup and Cooks have big cap hits. The Cowboys plan to extend CeeDee over the summer. That will be three sizable cap hits at the receiver position. I can’t see the Cowboys giving Hopkins the 10 million that would be needed to get him here. Especially when the offense seems to be set up to have more two wide receiver and two tight sets.

If the Cowboys want him, we would get him. The guy is the perfect complement to CeeDee and Cooks. Gallup is probably the reason we won’t sign him. I think he goes to the Patriots. They have cap room and are desperate for playmakers.
Your logic is spot on. You're just a bit early. Cooks and Gallup will have sizeable cap hits in 2024. Same for Lamb. Possibly later depending on how they restructure his 5th year option.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Your logic is spot on. You're just a bit early. Cooks and Gallup will have sizeable cap hits in 2024. Same for Lamb. Possibly later depending on how they restructure his 5th year option.
Yeah they restructured both of their contracts. Good catch. Offer Hopkins the Zeke savings on a one year deal. He would sign that. If the offensive line can hold up no team can cover Lamb, Cooks, and Hop.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I cant... I just cant deal with this stuff. Youd think people that come in here during the off season would be totally into football. Hopkins a 3rd or 4th WR on this team??????? WE arent talking about Bernard Hopkins.
You are thinking of Hopkins of few years ago.

He has had to deal with injuries in past two years and production has greatly dropped off as a result. Hebis in his 11thbyear in the league. So would youbputnhim above Lamb? Or Cooks?

Come on now.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Y’all are seeing this the wrong way.
Arizona is paying him 21 million this year. He could sign a one year 4-8 million contract and be happy
Why accept a one year, when possibly: KC, Bills, Jets, NE, Eagles and possibly us are looking at him, he'll look for (and get) top markert dollar in the auction.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Holy cow.. are you serious?. Hopkins had a 6 years stretch where he was in the top 3 or 4 Wrs in the NFL. You are saying he MIGHT have been better than Cooks and Gallup? Cooks has never had more than 90 catches in a season.... 90 was an off year for Hopkins a few years back.

Last year he was suspended due to PEDs for the first 6 games and he had a tweaked hammy that cost him two games. If you expand his stats from 9 games he played, including 3 or 4 with absolutely HORRIBLE qb play with Murray out, he would have had 112 catches and over 1300 yards... this was LAST SEASON. The guy in Dallas would give dallas the best WR corps in the entire damn league.
Had...he HAD a stretch. He is in his 11th year in the league. Injury prone past two years. Production has dropped off. It happens to all NFL players. And as you said you are thinking of Hopkins of the PAST. This is not that same hopkins