Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wentz 2.0 has had plenty of help on the field and the number one thing that keeps blowing up the Cowboy's run to a SB is that mediocre, less than average Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot. He's as good as he's ever going to get and that's not saying much for this over hyped and overpaid scrub of a QB. I think everyone will agree that when WENTZ 2.0 was injured, Rush stepped in and gave a credible performance, not great just enough to help win games at the QB position and when WENTZ 2.0 took over this club suffered because he couldn't even play at the same level as Rush, now how bad do you have to be as the starting QB being paid generational money that you couldn't even match the play of the 2nd string QB...........................
And you think you’re a cowboy fan LMAO

FVSTONE

Reaction score
truth, in a world you live where sky is green and water falls are upside down.... sniff sniff LOL
Look me after next season and give me your honest take on why the Boys struggled to beat out Washington for third p[lace in the division and what's WENTZ 2.0 excuse for not reaching the playoffs. Trust me when I say I want the Boys to kick butt, but unfortunately not going to happen as long as WENTZ 2.0 is in the house.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Look me after next season and give me your honest take on why the Boys struggled to beat out Washington for third p[lace in the division and what's WENTZ 2.0 excuse for not reaching the playoffs. Trust me when I say I want the Boys to kick butt, but unfortunately not going to happen as long as WENTZ 2.0 is in the house.
OK then. you think the more you mention it, the funnier it will get or is it that you got offended for not being funny and now you are dug in? you remind me of my five year old when he refuses to wash his hands and insists on just wiping it on his shirt...

too childish for my taste!!! good luck...

rambo2

Reaction score
Probably win 13 games.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He missed the entire season last year because he tore his ACL in the Super Bowl in February 2022. Hopkins has been dealing with an assortment of injuries the past two seasons, including hamstring injuries that have kept him out of the lineup. If you’re so enamored with Hopkins how come no one traded for him and he was released?
I don't know how a hamstring injury is worse than multiple torn ACLs lol If you're so enamored with OBJ, how come nobody signed him last season and he only got a one-year deal this year?

I'm not enamored with DHop, there's just no logic to say that OBJ was worth more.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopkins is coming off a $27 million/year contract. Obviously he won't get that now, but he won't be looking for a $10 million/year deal either. And I'm sure he won't be looking for a 1 year deal. I think it would be tough to make it fit for the Cowboys, and quite a few other teams as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't know how a hamstring injury is worse than multiple torn ACLs lol If you're so enamored with OBJ, how come nobody signed him last season and he only got a one-year deal this year?

I'm not enamored with DHop, there's just no logic to say that OBJ was worth more.
Where are you getting that I’m enamored with OBJ? Lol Go check out my posts when he was available, I didn’t want to sign him. No one signed OBJ last year because he couldn’t play. He couldn’t even workout. You obviously haven’t been following along. It’s been three years since Hopkins had a productive season. He’s had reoccurring hamstring injuries and a knee problem that’s kept him out of the lineup and that’s a big red flag as a player ages. OBJ got paid big money because he helped lead the Rams to a Super Bowl championship and was having a Super Bowl MVP performance when he got hurt. It earned him a big one year deal. Hopkins hasn’t led any of his teams to a championship. No one is going to pay $15M to a receiver that just got released that keeps coming up with nagging injuries. The Ravens over paid OBJ because they’re going all in after signing Jackson to a huge contract. He’s not going to stay healthy and produce to the level he got paid.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Where are you getting that I’m enamored with OBJ? Lol Go check out my posts when he was available, I didn’t want to sign him. No one signed OBJ last year because he couldn’t play. He couldn’t even workout. You obviously haven’t been following along. It’s been three years since Hopkins had a productive season. He’s had reoccurring hamstring injuries and a knee problem that’s kept him out of the lineup and that’s a big red flag as a player ages. OBJ got paid big money because he helped lead the Rams to a Super Bowl championship and was having a Super Bowl MVP performance when he got hurt. It earned him a big one year deal. Hopkins hasn’t led any of his teams to a championship. No one is going to pay $15M to a receiver that just got released that keeps coming up with nagging injuries. The Ravens over paid OBJ because they’re going all in after signing Jackson to a huge contract. He’s not going to stay healthy and produce to the level he got paid.
Where do you get that I'm enamored with DHop?

The point is, your logic is wholly flawed that OBJ is going to get a significantly larger contract than DHop. The ideas that OBJ was having a "Super Bowl MVP performance" with 2 catches, that he is less injury prone, or that DHop has less recent production are all off base.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Where do you get that I'm enamored with DHop?

The point is, your logic is wholly flawed that OBJ is going to get a significantly larger contract than DHop. The ideas that OBJ was having a "Super Bowl MVP performance" with 2 catches, that he is less injury prone, or that DHop has less recent production are all off base.
Where did I say or even insinuate you were enamored with Hopkins? You claimed that was enamored with OBJ, which is completely false. I’m just pointing out why he got paid $15 million for one season and Hopkins won’t. What I’m telling you makes perfect sense. OBJ had 2 catches for 52 yards and one TD in the first half of the Super Bowl and was just getting warmed up when he was injured. He had 25 catches in the playoffs that season for just over 300 yards and 2 TDs. He got paid by the Ravens based off of what he did in the playoffs that season and what he was doing in the Super Bowl. They’re banking he can return to that form. The last we saw OBJ, he was playing outstanding football and that’s why everyone including the Cowboys were lined up trying to sign him. The problem was he couldn’t play or workout for anyone. The Cowboys would’ve signed him if he was able to workout.

Teams that were making a playoff push were very interested in signing him, but he still wasn’t healthy. You asked why no one signed him last year when it was all over the news that he still wasn’t healthy. Lol Hopkins hasn’t had a big game since the middle of last year and he ended up getting injured again. I never said OBJ is less injury prone than Hopkins. They’re both injury prone, but OBJ has been a more dynamic player over his career and the last time everyone saw him play he was outstanding! This is why the Ravens signed him to a big one year deal. If that doesn’t make any sense to you, then we’re wasting time with this.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wentz 2.0 has had plenty of help on the field and the number one thing that keeps blowing up the Cowboy's run to a SB is that mediocre, less than average Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot. He's as good as he's ever going to get and that's not saying much for this over hyped and overpaid scrub of a QB. I think everyone will agree that when WENTZ 2.0 was injured, Rush stepped in and gave a credible performance, not great just enough to help win games at the QB position and when WENTZ 2.0 took over this club suffered because he couldn't even play at the same level as Rush, now how bad do you have to be as the starting QB being paid generational money that you couldn't even match the play of the 2nd string QB...........................
You’re completely lost comparing Dak to Wentz who’s been cut 3 times the past three years. He only lasted one season in Indy and Washington. You’re never going to be taken seriously posting crap like that. It’s obvious you have no clue. You might want to take a break from the board because you’re going completely off the deep end. Lol

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I had a fairly lively debate with someone concerning DHop when rumors first began to swirl. This person was adamant that he would not be traded and certainly not released. Anyone who thought differently was mentally challenged. Summarizing of course but that was the jist.

I give this person the opportunity to come forward and acknowledge the error of their ways. If they have enough character to do so, I'll be impressed and we'll chalk this up to a learning experience.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You’re completely lost comparing Dak to Wentz who’s been cut 3 times the past three years. He only lasted one season in Indy and Washington. You’re never going to be taken seriously posting crap like that. It’s obvious you have no clue. You might want to take a break from the board because you’re going completely off the deep end. Lol
My reference between Wentz and Prescot has to do with how the Eagles handled a QB who was supposed to be the guy who would lead them to the SB and he could NEVER get it done. The Cowboys need to smarten up and release this over hyped, overpaid less than mediocre QB. Our WENTZ 2.0 is never going to get it done, he doesn't have the skills or the mindset to get the Boys to the next level.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My reference between Wentz and Prescot has to do with how the Eagles handled a QB who was supposed to be the guy who would lead them to the SB and he could NEVER get it done. The Cowboys need to smarten up and release this over hyped, overpaid less than mediocre QB. Our WENTZ 2.0 is never going to get it done, he doesn't have the skills or the mindset to get the Boys to the next level.
Wentz was the second overall pick, he was supposed to be the guy to lead Philly to a Super Bowl but after one good season he went bust. Dak was never supposed to be the guy, he was a fourth round pick who got an opportunity and ended up becoming a franchise QB. He’s led the Cowboys to back to back 12-5 playoff seasons for the first time since 06 and 07. He has the same 2-4 playoff record that Romo had in less time. He just led the Cowboys to their first road playoff win in 28 years. You’re claiming he’s a scrub which is ridiculous! How is releasing him the smart thing to do? What are your plans at QB if you release him? If you were running the team we would end up like Washington. They’ve been going through QB hell ever since they allowed Cousins to walk. They haven’t had a winning season since they let him go.

rambo2

Reaction score
If the Cowboys win this year, they will be doing just as good as the Eagles if not better.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Where did I say or even insinuate you were enamored with Hopkins?
Uh

He missed the entire season last year because he tore his ACL in the Super Bowl in February 2022. Hopkins has been dealing with an assortment of injuries the past two seasons, including hamstring injuries that have kept him out of the lineup. If you’re so enamored with Hopkins how come no one traded for him and he was released?