Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you jusf assume it was "bad coaching" and not the possibility that he isnt any good
I didn't assume it was bad coaching I know it was. Heard it and read it after the season so I looked into it rather than make rash comments like so many about how he sucks. Things happen for a reason. Scroll up a few posts and see the true story.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
uhm.... you got to get to the sb to win the sb.
He also scored a TD in that SB.
Not sure where you are going with your linenof argument anymore
I didn't say Hopkins won't help the team. He is not going to be top 2 WR on this team.

Nothing wrong with that.

You are arguing Hopkins is still one of the top WRs in the league. He is not. He was in the past, but not any longer.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My
having bigtime players ups your chances.... kind of why the Rams went out and got OBJ... and without OBJ, I think it is safe to say the Rams dont win that SB.
Open your chances. And making a statement like we will win or not win depending on this move are two different statements.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
facts is facts... his numbers werent subjective like those of you trying to say how old he is and his numbers are going to keep dropping. IN 4 of 8 games he had 41 catches....for a team that was a dumpster fire at the end.
Do you see Cooks having 4 10 catch games all season???? Lamb only had 3 double digit reception games and he played all 17 games. Not knocking Lamb but trying to dismiss Hopkins is foolish.... he isnt done yet. Well, lets just see who goes looking to get him and that will tell you what teams think of his skill level.
Exacyly. Facts are facts. Cooks played all the games last year.

Facts are facts. Hopkins has been injured thebpast two years. Suspended! Didn't play full season.

And factually speaking, you are projecting again.

Not sure if you understand factsand it's meaning

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Sorry, just another ridiculous statement.
LOL............ you'll be changing your tune after another year of mediocracy from Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot. WENTZ 2.0 is the most overpaid, over hyped, mediocre at best QB in the NFL. He's the most giving QB that has lead this team in decades and I mean this in a bad way with all the picks he's thrown the past couple of seasons. His ability to locate open receivers is a joke, WENTZ 2.0 is a one and done read QB. No matter how covered his first read is, WENTZ 2.0 will try to force a pass which results in a lot of picks or a lot of 3 and outs!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL............ you'll be changing your tune after another year of mediocracy from Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot. WENTZ 2.0 is the most overpaid, over hyped, mediocre at best QB in the NFL. He's the most giving QB that has lead this team in decades and I mean this in a bad way with all the picks he's thrown the past couple of seasons. His ability to locate open receivers is a joke, WENTZ 2.0 is a one and done read QB. No matter how covered his first read is, WENTZ 2.0 will try to force a pass which results in a lot of picks or a lot of 3 and outs!
I don’t even know why you responded with that. It had nothing to do with what I was talking about. If we sign receiver, we win a Super Bowl if we don’t we lose. That’s a ridiculous statement.

khiladi

Reaction score
Amari has one more season than Hill. He was drafted in 2015, Hill in 2016. The idea he was traded because he was old is nonsense. Some say it was because he P’ed off Jerry with the COVID vaccine issue others for calling out the QB as the black Kirk Cousins, meaning a scapegoat, Nobody thought the Browns were robbed, but they did think the FO of the Cowboys was stupid for how little they got.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Whoa settle down there pilgrim!

It was bad coaching because they knew he came from a small school (South Alabama) with a basic offense. Throwing Tolbert out there and telling him to learn the entire playbook for each WR position was extremely dumb. He was completely overwhelmed.

Ced Wilson came from Boise State and caught 45 passes in his 3rd year with the Cowboys. His first year he caught only 5!!!

CeeDee Lamb came from Oklahoma and was a first round pick. He came from a pro style offense. Huge difference.

That is EXACTLY how I can 100% accurately say it was bad coaching. Bad HC coaching. Bad OC coaching. Bad WR coaching.
or the player just isnt very good. He couldnt even get a uniform on game days for a team that desperately needed WRs at the start of the season....... a UNIFORM, let along get on the field. Shame on the coaches for expecting a professional football player to learn the playbook. I never played even JC football, but I could show up at OTAs and learna playbook... for every wr position.

As someone who was just reading about facts.... dude was a huge letdown last year, and if he doesnt make HUGE strides this year, he is done in Dallas.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Amari has one more season than Hill. He was drafted in 2015, Hill in 2016. The idea he was traded because he was old is nonsense. Some say it was because he P’ed off Jerry with the COVID vaccine issue others for calling out the QB as the black Kirk Cousins, meaning a scapegoat, Nobody thought the Browns were robbed, but they did think the FO of the Cowboys was stupid for how little they got.
Fisher covered this stuff in detail.... Jerry did not trust cooper and thought he was no way worth that kind of money when he couldnt trust him.... yep, covid was a part of it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't assume it was bad coaching I know it was. Heard it and read it after the season so I looked into it rather than make rash comments like so many about how he sucks. Things happen for a reason. Scroll up a few posts and see the true story.
Thats not the true story. That is you searching for excuses

rambo2

Reaction score
Timing is also bad, Jerry rarely(if ever) makes major cap moves after the draft. The roster is more or less set
Maybe, he could also fall into their lap if he would rather go to Dallas than to his other offers.

rambo2

Reaction score
He could easily win a Super Bowl or 2.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Would be a good pickup for Dallas, if:
1. He can play most of the games, has missed 14 of the last 33, evidence suggests he cannot.
2. He will accept a mininal "prove it" contract. Which I doubt he will, some team will offer him a pretty good deal.
3. He'll accept being at best the no. 2 receiver, Lamb is no. 1, if for no other reason than his age. Not sure a guy who was considered by many to be THE best receiver in the league at one time can suppress his ego down to no.2 or 3.

Don't see if happening, but of course anything is possible...

Rayman70

Reaction score
I see new England as a prime destination for Dhop. Front office...check,head coach...check, staff...check. Mac Jones...we will see. Might be interesting to see if Mac can elevate his game with an elite wr,which he's never had. Heck..he hasn't even had good receivers. Just jags. They have the cap as well. They have a glaring need,which we don't.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mac Jones almost looked special while at Bama because he had great NFL ready receivers. It sure helps any QB.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
or the player just isnt very good. He couldnt even get a uniform on game days for a team that desperately needed WRs at the start of the season
Yeah I explained all that.

It's impossible to say he isn't very good yet. He was only drafted 13 months ago. A year from now we will know much more.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah I explained all that.

It's impossible to say he isn't very good yet. He was only drafted 13 months ago. A year from now we will know much more.
You rationalized it in YOUR mind. You have likely few people subscribing to your train of thought.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----How the hell can you say it was bad coaching? Who was doing the bad coaching? Was it the same bad coaching that helped Cedric Wilson have a very productive year the season before Tolbert arrived? Was it the same coaching that had CeeDee turn into a number 1?

Because it was the same bad coaching last year that thought we were good to go at WR, and didn't need Cedric Wilson. Mannix warned you last July about how terrible our WR corp was....yet, several of you didn't want to listen.