Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

mcmvp

Reaction score
So getting suspended for PEDs doesn't count. We should just take whatever games and extrapolate a season.

Facts matter, not projections. Fac6s says he was suspended for PEDs and perhaps without PEDs he couldn't even play or play at the level he did. Facts says the year before he was injured. Facts says this is his 11th year.

Maybe we should look to bring Dez Bryant back. Or maybe Jerry Rice.

You are imagining that you get the old Hopkins back, which you will not. You are getting an older Hopkins who is still good but will not be the dominant player he was.
This person is entirely clueless. Many players have used PED’s.. it does not mean that they need them to perform well. There are a lot of players out there that have used them and never been caught. Hell, Lane Johnson was busted for PED’s… About five years ago. He’s been a perennial probowler and first ballot hall of famer ever since.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You rationalized it in YOUR mind. You have likely few people subscribing to your train of thought.
I didn't rational anything. Again, I explained the story. Believe it or not I really don't care.

Additionally I don't care if anyone subscribes to anything. Never have and never will.

I both heard and read what I posted after the season was over. I'm sorry if you don't like the message.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because it was the same bad coaching last year that thought we were good to go at WR, and didn't need Cedric Wilson.
There are many reasons the coaching staff made changes in the off season.

All I'm going to say before I get accused of rationalizing something else. Good grief.

Xavier187

Reaction score
If you go get Hopkins at best he would be the number 3guy catching the sidelines. Gallup would be the ultra sub. I would do a 1 year deal but idk about anything longer unless it team options

I still think the ravens make the most since for him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This person is entirely clueless. Many players have used PED’s.. it does not mean that they need them to perform well. There are a lot of players out there that have used them and never been caught. Hell, Lane Johnson was busted for PED’s… About five years ago. He’s been a perennial probowler and first ballot hall of famer ever since.
But he did use it. He did get caught. Do some use it and not get caught? Yes.

But PEDs are not just for performance improvement. Its also used for recovery.

Again, never said he won't help. But he is past his prime and dominance stage of his career. He can be good. Probably 3rd WR on the team, knowing teams run 3 WR set major number of snaps.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I don’t even know why you responded with that. It had nothing to do with what I was talking about. If we sign receiver, we win a Super Bowl if we don’t we lose. That’s a ridiculous statement.
One or even two great receivers aren't going to enhance Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot's ability to win the division let alone a SB. WENTZ 2.0 is a mediocre QB at best, with no ability to carry a team on his shoulders. Hell, had he played just an AVERAGE game against the 9ers the Boys would have been in the NFC Championship game, but he didn't and we all know where that got him..................LOL!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I like how people just assume that every released player would choose Dallas over all other teams. He could go just about anywhere. KC, Buffalo, NY Jets, etc and likely have a better chance of winning. Hell, he could go to Philly and have a better chance.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One or even two great receivers aren't going to enhance Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot's ability to win the division let alone a SB. WENTZ 2.0 is a mediocre QB at best, with no ability to carry a team on his shoulders. Hell, had he played just an AVERAGE game against the 9ers the Boys would have been in the NFC Championship game, but he didn't and we all know where that got him..................LOL!
You’re welcome to your opinion, but you’re wrong about Prescott . Zero running game in one receiver. No tight end support seriously understand football before you try to put something or someone down.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Stephen already sending the vet min and saying "were in it to win it"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Who, Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot?????? LOL! DREAM ON..............................
wow, did you blow a couple of fuses just pushing so hard to come up with that nick name.... I bet you had to rest a few hours, having stretched your brain so hard

and its not even funny....trollish. yes. funny, nah. big fat fail

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’re welcome to your opinion, but you’re wrong about Prescott . Zero running game in one receiver. No tight end support seriously understand football before you try to put something or someone down.
its not about football. there is an agenda to drive and once you realize that, then all the meaningless posts start to make sense. they are there to elicit responses. these are the exact same people who complained about Schultz, Gallup and the OL and wanted Zeke gone, yet expected the QB to over come all those offensive deficiencies they complained about.

they just want to complain. so sometimes you just let them be.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You said you’d be ‘SHOCKED’ if Tolbert ever does squat. That’s extreme. Small school kid who had a rough rookie season. Quelle surprise!! No reason to write him off yet.
Did he have a rookie season? How much do you have to be on the field to qualify as a rookie?

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
wth does that mean?? A logjam? How... you mean having too many good players is a problem?? ugh.....
Well Dhop might be expensive, and we got two other receivers getting semi big money and the other about to. id ptobly rather spend that money on Davin Cook if the Vikes release him. I’d love Dhop, just don’t see how they fit him in (knowing Jerry’s pride with home grown players like Gallup).

FVSTONE

Reaction score
wow, did you blow a couple of fuses just pushing so hard to come up with that nick name.... I bet you had to rest a few hours, having stretched your brain so hard

and its not even funny....trollish. yes. funny, nah. big fat fail
Truth hurts doesn't it, WENTZ 2.0 is going to prove me right again...........LOL!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Wentz 2.0 has had plenty of help on the field and the number one thing that keeps blowing up the Cowboy's run to a SB is that mediocre, less than average Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot. He's as good as he's ever going to get and that's not saying much for this over hyped and overpaid scrub of a QB. I think everyone will agree that when WENTZ 2.0 was injured, Rush stepped in and gave a credible performance, not great just enough to help win games at the QB position and when WENTZ 2.0 took over this club suffered because he couldn't even play at the same level as Rush, now how bad do you have to be as the starting QB being paid generational money that you couldn't even match the play of the 2nd string QB...........................

rambo2

Reaction score
Wentz 2.0 has had plenty of help on the field and the number one thing that keeps blowing up the Cowboy's run to a SB is that mediocre, less than average Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot. He's as good as he's ever going to get and that's not saying much for this over hyped and overpaid scrub of a QB. I think everyone will agree that when WENTZ 2.0 was injured, Rush stepped in and gave a credible performance, not great just enough to help win games at the QB position and when WENTZ 2.0 took over this club suffered because he couldn't even play at the same level as Rush, now how bad do you have to be as the starting QB being paid generational money that you couldn't even match the play of the 2nd string QB...........................
Strange take.