Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

tyke1doe

Reaction score
OBJ got $15m+ and has a dreadful injury history and plummeting production. Someone will pay for the potential.

Chicago, specifically, makes a ton of sense on an overpay.
OBJ got that money because Lamar Jackson was holding out, and the Ravens wanted to show LJ they were making a good faith effort to surround him with talent. Hence, the OBJ signing and the drafting of Zay Flowers.

12+88=7

Reaction score
This made sense before Dallas acquired Cooks. And they want to commit to the run more. That means less pass attempts and only one ball.

I was on board earlier, but now I don't see it as a good fit.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Freaking snakes growing out of his knucklehead.
Cue Samuel L. Jackson and Kurtis Blow!

Snakes on the train, snakes on the plane enough to make you go insane
Snakes in the bed, snakes in your head, a look to make you lose street cred
And these are the snakes ...
Snake it out
Snake it out
Snake it ouuuTTT!

(I never was good at rapping.) :laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score
Cowboys probably won't show any interest but we could expect to see some tantrums thrown!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
What do you mean head shake?
Hopkins very slightly shakes his head no when they ask him about Prescott.

What all of the fans might not know is that earlier this offseason, Hopkins had already asked (through the media) for Dallas to “come get him”. At that time, Dallas went and traded for Cooks… essentially telling Hopkins thanks but no-thanks.

At that point, it was clear that Dallas had no intention of bringing Hop in. So yeah, when mentioning QB’s, he wasn’t going to bring up the Dallas QB. He mentioned QB’s with teams that he might could get a job with.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not even a 5th??? LOL Didn't see this coming. Cards overplayed their hand and could've at least got something in return. I'm predicting he'll go to the Giants.
I just think they couldn't work out contract details with another team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OBJ got $15m+ and has a dreadful injury history and plummeting production. Someone will pay for the potential.

Chicago, specifically, makes a ton of sense on an overpay.
OBJ was having a Super Bowl MVP performance the last time he was on the field. He helped lead the Rams to a championship. Houston didn’t get far with Hopkins and neither did the Cardinals. I don’t see anyone paying Hopkins what OBJ got.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At the 7-8 sec mark he is shaking his head no to playing with Dak. Think that is why she is giggling. But again, it isn't a slight, he is just going through who he wants to play with. Could be anything
I didn’t see it but maybe there was one. Seemed like he listed his friends or teams he can start for.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hopkins very slightly shakes his head no when they ask him about Prescott.

What all of the fans might not know is that earlier this offseason, Hopkins had already asked (through the media) for Dallas to “come get him”. At that time, Dallas went and traded for Cooks… essentially telling Hopkins thanks but no-thanks.

At that point, it was clear that Dallas had no intention of bringing Hop in. So yeah, when mentioning QB’s, he wasn’t going to bring up the Dallas QB. He mentioned QB’s with teams that he might could get a job with.
To me that was why he didn’t list Lawrence or Burrow as well. Cooks killed any chance of him coming here.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
He literally said he wanted to come here right? Or did I imagine that.
Yeah I remember that and that he wanted to specifically come to Dallas because they had a legit shot with him here and that he was willing to take a pay cut.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
OBJ was having a Super Bowl MVP performance the last time he was on the field. He helped lead the Rams to a championship. Houston didn’t get far with Hopkins and neither did the Cardinals. I don’t see anyone paying Hopkins what OBJ got.
OBJ hasn't played since 2021. Hopkins had a 16-game pace of 114 catches last year. That pace is far more relevant than what OBJ did two seasons ago.