Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The last time we saw OBJ he tore his ACL.

It's not like some team is going to get DHop for Cendrick Wilson money.
The last time we saw OBJ he tore his ACL during a great performance in the Super Bowl. He was paid for one season hoping he can return to that form. We re-signed Gallup to a multi year deal after tearing his ACL. Hopkins will likely have to settle for a one year deal but it won’t be for $15 million. I would think the Jets would want to take a look.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If true (Zeke frees $10.9 mil as a June 1st cut), that's great! The issue still lies with DeAndre Hopkins willing to take less to come to Dallas.
He's been cut, his contract is null and void.. He's free to negotiate. They can structure the contract with a minimal cap hit and kick the can down the road.. I don't think D Hop is a 20 mil a year WR any more..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2:At all the melt downs already. Typical fans wanting to knock the front office.
They want him here, then when signed they will say Jerry is stupid.

They will say he will help Dak, so Jerry is stupid for not signing him. Then if he does sign they will say it is stupid because they don’t have a QB to get the ball to him…you know it is true….

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickey_weekly_2005.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The last time we saw OBJ he tore his ACL during a great performance in the Super Bowl. He was paid for one season hoping he can return to that form. We re-signed Gallup to a multi year deal after tearing his ACL. Hopkins will likely have to settle for a one year deal but it won’t be for $15 million. I would think the Jets would want to take a look.
This logic just doesn't make any sense to me.

Why does OBJ playing 6 good quarters of football two seasons ago mean he would get more than DeAndre Hopkins who was among the league leaders in catches last year? He's missed significant time due to injury once in his career.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's not like some team is going to get DHop for Cendrick Wilson money.
We’re almost in June and teams pretty much have their rosters set for training camp. It’s not like Hopkins is going to be able to play hardball with camps opening up in less than two months. We’ve reached the time of the year when teams are waiting for players price tags to come down that are still available. Zeke is still available. All I’m saying is I don’t see anyone paying Hopkins OBJ money.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
:lmao2:At all the melt downs already. Typical fans wanting to knock the front office.
They want him here, then when signed they will say Jerry is stupid.

They will say he will help Dak, so Jerry is stupid for not signing him. Then if he does sign they will say it is stupid because they don’t have a QB to get the ball to him…you know it is true….
One thing this forum has taught me: there is a side to every story so long as it fits into a narrative. :lmao:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
We’re almost in June and teams pretty much have their rosters set for training camp. It’s not like Hopkins is going to be able to play hardball with camps opening up in less than two months. We’ve reached the time of the year when teams are waiting for players price tags to come down that are still available. Zeke is still available. All I’m saying is I don’t see anyone paying Hopkins OBJ money.
Hopkins will have all of the leverage if someone gets hurt, and it's not like teams just have a bunch of 100-catch WRs on their rosters. Teams are weak at WR all over the league.

And again, it only takes two teams to create a bidding war.

Zeke stinks, Hopkins is still very good and plays a premium position. If he gets less than $15m, it's because he took a discount somewhere.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys have Lamb, Cooks, and Gallup 1-2-3 so I wonder if Hopkins would even want to sign here? Unless the Cowboys can move Gallup but I don't think his contract allows that to make sense from a cap standpoint.

Also have to remember they are going to have to pay Lamb soon so how much money are you giving Hopkins? This sounds less and less like a move Dallas will make the more I think about it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This logic just doesn't make any sense to me.

Why does OBJ playing 6 good quarters of football two seasons ago mean he would get more than DeAndre Hopkins who was among the league leaders in catches last year? He's missed significant time due to injury once in his career.
During the 2021 playoffs and SB, OBJ had 25 catches for just over 300 yards and two TDs. That’s what everyone remembers, which made OBJ a hot commodity, even though he’s been out of football for a full year. What Hopkins did last year didn’t help the Cardinals reach the playoffs. He missed 8 games last season. He only had 8 catches for 64 yards in his last two games and he only had three receiving TDs all season.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Not even a 5th??? LOL Didn't see this coming. Cards overplayed their hand and could've at least got something in return. I'm predicting he'll go to the Giants.
Naw, he's a country boy. My guess would be Atlanta

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He is washed, has been washed.
All aboard the turnip truck, who wants to be last on...lol