Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not as.productive as he used to be, but a good 3rd or 4th WR and in case of injuries. Depends on the cost. But slight over pay is fine.
He’s better than a 3rd or 4th WR. The concern with him is nagging injuries, and Jerry likes players that are available. Hopkins hasn’t been very available the past two seasons, due to injuries and a suspension.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
FxFOjCPXwAEfpPb

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let’s say the Cowboys were to sign Hopkins, that would pretty much be the end of Jalen Tolbert unless we suffer injuries. With Ceedee at number one and assuming Cooks is our number two, that leaves a battle at number three with Gallop, Hopkins, and everyone else. One of them would end up our number four receiver. The Cowboys could always try and trade Gallop but after last season, I’m not sure anyone would offer much. Tolbert certainly wouldn’t get much opportunity to better on last year being behind those receivers. The Cowboys would certainly have to make some decisions bringing Hopkins on board.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He’s better than Cooks or Gallup.
In his prime? Probably. Past two years had been injury prone. Gallup too, but Gallup is getting paid.

Plus doesn't sound like he wants to come here.

Wouldn't surprise me for him to go to Philly. Unfortunately

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He’s better than a 3rd or 4th WR. The concern with him is nagging injuries, and Jerry likes players that are available. Hopkins hasn’t been very available the past two seasons, due to injuries and a suspension.
I think that's the thing. Injured past two years. Otherwise he would have had trade value.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think that's the thing. Injured past two years. Otherwise he would have had trade value.
He would’ve definitely had trade value had it not been for the injuries and the suspension. The amount of money he could be looking for is another concern. The suspension for PED’s is another thing you have to worry about with him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We still need a QB to find them on the playing field, because Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot just doesn't cut the mustard at that position.
Pick up Cook as a stud WR is useless for this offense!!!!
P.S. I'll assume you good folks know why after Dez and Coop......

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is easily affordable if you trade Micah.

Keep all options on the table.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm saving this thread just in case the Cowboys do sign him.

Can you imagine how hilarious it will reading through it again?

I mean, there is some priceless posts being made.

Shane612

Reaction score
So does this mean cardinals' new coaching staff is purging player from Kingsbury's roster?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Let’s say the Cowboys were to sign Hopkins, that would pretty much be the end of Jalen Tolbert unless we suffer injuries. With Ceedee at number one and assuming Cooks is our number two, that leaves a battle at number three with Gallop, Hopkins, and everyone else. One of them would end up our number four receiver. The Cowboys could always try and trade Gallop but after last season, I’m not sure anyone would offer much. Tolbert certainly wouldn’t get much opportunity to better on last year being behind those receivers. The Cowboys would certainly have to make some decisions bringing Hopkins on board.
No offense... but a battle for number 3? in my best john McEnroe impression..... YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS. A healthy Hopkins and he is 1 or 1a on this team. There are people that clearly do not watch many non cowboys games on this forum... due to my love of fantasy football, I watch a LOT OF NFL GAMES. Hopkins healthy and he is not just a pretty good WR, he is dominant.