Carl Nicks "Expected to Leave the Saints" - Adam Schefter

hsfolk

Reaction score
Saints will get a new deal w/ Brees worked out quickly and franchise Nicks

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Gonna be a big contract, but we need a beast in the middle like this. No more trotting out undrafted weak rookies to try and protect romo. He has been injured the last two seasons because he has no protection. Romo is the most important player on this team but he can not continue to take the beating he has been taking the past few seasons.

Jerry needs to sign this guy at almost any cost necessary. Games are won in the trenches and we already have more than enough at the skill positions on offense.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
hsfolk;4378576 said:

I heard they could no longer franchise nicks because of brees not getting a contract yet. At least that is what mort said.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hsfolk;4378576 said:

They may, but they already have loads of money tied up at the other guard position and they have Colston to deal with too.

And their defense is putrid.

They may not want to resign Nicks.

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4378586 said:
They may, but they already have loads of money tied up at the other guard position and they have Colston to deal with too.

And their defense is putrid.

They may not want to resign Nicks.
Only so much money to go around. In the salary cap era no successful team can keep all its best players.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I've been pimping the kid since last year. I honestly think he is one of the two biggest links to the next level of football and DeCastro is the 2nd. Our Interior OL is by far our biggest shortcoming. Get them and add Brewster or Blake or Konz (health may push him down) in the 3rd and I feel really good about our chances.

RS12

Reaction score
Hope Nicks comes here but rumor was Brees would do cap friendly deal. Saints brass is smart enough to know if Brees goes down, season over.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Prossman;4378579 said:
yes he is , hes coming to dallas!!!:cool: prossman

Pross, I don't think you'll ever be mistaken for an Eagle's fan....:) :starspin

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hostile;4378601 said:
I've been pimping the kid since last year. I honestly think he is one of the two biggest links to the next level of football and DeCastro is the 2nd. Our Interior OL is by far our biggest shortcoming. Get them and add Brewster or Blake or Konz (health may push him down) in the 3rd and I feel really good about our chances.

If Konz falls to the 3rd he may be worth the risk if we think he is a 1st round talent.

However, the buyer has to beware that he can easily be out of football within a year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RS12;4378612 said:
Hope Nicks comes here but rumor was Brees would do cap friendly deal. Saints brass is smart enough to know if Brees goes down, season over.
I not only have not seen that rumor, I don't believe it has any merit. The Saints can easily draft an OG and start him and save money that can go to pay Brees.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I hate to think the signing of Nicks would eliminate the possibility of DeCastro because IMO that's a horrible approach but I highly doubt Dallas would tie up that much money into the OG position.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Eskimo;4378619 said:
If Konz falls to the 3rd he may be worth the risk if we think he is a 1st round talent.

However, the buyer has to beware that he can easily be out of football within a year.
I honestly do not know what issue Konz is supposed to have. Can you be enlightening for me?

I may not see it until late this afternoon or early evening. Headed out to Church, but I would like your insight.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hostile;4378620 said:
I not only have not seen that rumor, I don't believe it has any merit. The Saints can easily draft an OG and start him and save money that can go to pay Brees.

Going by recent trends, their hogs can root...

JBS

Reaction score
RS12;4378612 said:

There is no such thing as a cap friendly deal when you are going to get paid like a top (if no the top) 2-3 QB..

Even if he gives them some discount, it won't be enough to sign Nicks with

CCBoy

Reaction score
SDogo;4378622 said:
I hate to think the signing of Nicks would eliminate the possibility of DeCastro because IMO that's a horrible approach but I highly doubt Dallas would tie up that much money into the OG position.

Due to the recent Collective Bargaining, rookie contracts aren't in the breath taking gulp area for linemen. That means that a few years are given to prove out and also be integrated to a broader view of where in cap management they deserve place. It's a very workable picture now.