Carlos Polk And Holland... Why Did Cowboys Bring Them Here?

Reaction score
I was just checking our roster and the first thing that I noticed as I scanned players was Montrae Holland and Carlos Polk caught my eye.

Then I see that the Cowboys are interested in six defensive players. They are looking at CB's and LB's. Why? They just got Carlos Polk, who the Cowboys speak highly of. Why bring a guy in if you are not going to use him?

Earlier in the season, the Cowboys make a trade with Denver to get Montrae Holland. Why? Why get a guy if you don't use him? Holland, IMO, was worth trading for should of been put out there in place of Proctor. Holland at 6'2 and 322LB's would of added size and some experience to a O-line that has been struggling.

BTW, the Cowboys picked up CB Butler(Can't think of his whole name) because of depth issues.

I question the Cowboys thought process here. Maybe they are just adding depth but if that is the case than why not call up a guy from the practice squad? At least that player has been here since camp.

I know that most don't want Ty Law but I would of taken him over anybody that is left on the free agent market.

So I ask, why did the Cowboys bring in Holland and Polk?

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2413787 said:
Carlos Rogers?

Polk?

what the hell dude?

What? Just asking why bring them in if they don't get them to contribute. They should of called up a guy like Tearrius George instead of looking for a FA that has not played all year. At least with a practice squad guy they have been there from the beginning.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
when did we bring in Carlos Polk? when did we bring in Carlos Rogers? is what I'm asking

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2413794 said:
when did we bring in Carlos Polk? when did we bring in Carlos Rogers? is what I'm asking

I meant to say Carlos Polk not Carlos Rogers!!! We broght Polk in right after the TB game.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Polk is a backup LB who cost nothing, knows the system, and has performed on special teams. He was a good move.

Holland... Who knows. I can't believe he couldn't get in ahead of Cory Procter.

And Tearrius George is a nobody. He's been in the league for years and has never been able to play. One quarter against future Minnesota busboys and dock workers doesn't change that.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2413799 said:
Polk is a backup LB who cost nothing, knows the system, and has performed on special teams. He was a good move.

Holland... Who knows. I can't believe he couldn't get in ahead of Cory Procter.

CL, Ya! I don't get that Holland didn't beat out Proctor. Proctor has been awful!

I like Polk but why are they looking for guys when they just brought in Polk and they have guys sitting on their practice squad?

Elysium1983

Reaction score
IIRC... Polk forced the fumble on special teams against Tampa. Costs nothing, and brings experience to special teams. Decent linebacker over the years for the Chargers.

Rudy

Reaction score
Obviously Holland hasn't shown anything to the staff...It's the coaching staffs' job to scout the talent, I'd like to think that they know what they're looking at. Sad to think that Holland (or anyone for that matter) could be worse than Cory Proctologist.

Reaction score
Rudy;2413813 said:
Obviously Holland hasn't shown anything to the staff...It's the coaching staffs' job to scout the talent, I'd like to think that they know what they're looking at. Sad to think that Holland (or anyone for that matter) could be worse than Cory Proctologist.

I agree! :lmao2:

khiladi

Reaction score
Rudy;2413813 said:

They scoped him out in Denver. The coaching staff is too scared to play him right now in my opinion... They do that all the time..

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Polk is for ST if you expect more than that from him then your mistaken....coaching staff on Holland makes no sense.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
khiladi;2413837 said:
They scoped him out in Denver. The coaching staff is too scared to play him right now in my opinion... They do that all the time..

Yeah, look no further than Choice.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
why would anyone complain about polk?

He has a ton of energy and is a special teams leader. If this thing gets turned around he could be one of the guys that is responsible for it.

He is just like davis, you have to be in the stadium to appreciate him.

Reaction score
theebs;2413864 said:
why would anyone complain about polk?

He has a ton of energy and is a special teams leader. If this thing gets turned around he could be one of the guys that is responsible for it.

He is just like davis, you have to be in the stadium to appreciate him.

I don't think anybody was complaining about Polk just wondering why don't they use him more.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2413876 said:
I don't think anybody was complaining about Polk just wondering why don't they use him more.

He is here to cover kicks? and he has.

What else do you want from him?