Carlos Polk And Holland... Why Did Cowboys Bring Them Here?

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Polk has been a ST dream. him and davis is helping on ST. he could fill in at LB because he knows Wades system I just don't forsee much playing time on D.... as for Holland I am very surprised that he is not playing. money thing is BS. we would not lose games for 1 million dollars.:)

khiladi

Reaction score
joseephuss;2414105 said:
I thought both guys were brought in to be back ups. So far both have done just that and both have also seen some playing time.

Holland was brought in to back up both guard spots since they knew Kosier was already out and were having to use Proctor. I guess the assumption was that he was brought in to start by some people. He cost a 5th rounder in 2010. How many starters are found in the 5th round much less in the 5th round in two years from now?

Polk was also brought in to help solidify the special teams and he has done well in that role. I wish the rest of the coverage guys played at his level.

The difference is, Holland has started in this league. He is a starter. he desrves to start, especially since Proctor flat-out sucks.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2414279 said:
The difference is, Holland has started in this league. He is a starter. he desrves to start, especially since Proctor flat-out sucks.
yes when Kosier is out Holland SHOULD be the man over Proctor, but for some reason the coaches don't see it that way.:confused:

khiladi

Reaction score
Hostile;2414109 said:
Holland has been working out at RG not LG.

But he has played for Proctor at left guard for a couple of series, even when Proctor hasn't been hurt.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2414283 said:
yes when Kosier is out Holland SHOULD be the man over Proctor, but for some reason the coaches don't see it that way.:confused:

Wade refused to put Felix in for kick-off returns, until an injury to, I believe, Miles Austin forced his hand. This team hasn't even started Roy Williams, for crying out loud.The problem is, this coaching staff has no sense of urgency. They would rather go with 'norm' over trying to get a spark. They are still playing Greg Ellis and Anthony Henry way too much.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2414285 said:
Wade refused to put Felix in for kick-off returns, until an injury to, I believe, Miles Austin forced his hand. This team hasn't even started Roy Williams, for crying out loud.The problem is, this coaching staff has no sense of urgency. They would rather go with 'norm' over trying to get a spark. They are still playing Greg Ellis and Anthony Henry way too much.
:bow:
you hit it right on the head and I agree 110% with you. Coaching is our problem in my eyes.

and until we start Roy Defenses are not going to change how they play us.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2414285 said:

Stanback getting hurt forced him to do it also. Otherwise stanback would have been doing it.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2414146 said:
care to provided that statement with a link sorry if I don't take what you say at face value.
again...I don't know that a link would be available, since it is an old show from a week ago....it was that show with Nick Eatman on dc.com. Not sure if you are familiar with it...but it is called Talkin Cowboys. And I guess they were responding to an e-mail about the status of Holland...and there response was the one I provided earlier.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Hostile;2414078 said:
All 53 guys on the roster should be contributing All Pro caliber effort every single play of their stay in Dallas, never be injured, and never be developing. They should simply be the cream of the crop no questions asked. Even if they were taken from another teams waiver or we traded for them, once they are here they need to step up to legend status. Once here they should automatically know the playbook backwards and forwards and sideways. Every play we should be rotating 11 guys in and out on both sides of the ball because they are all so good they should all have equal playing time.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Maybe I don't read internet sarcasm very well, but are you saying that the roster can NOT be improved?

I can understand if you are not an advocate of Parcells' "churning the bottom of the roster" but if you are honestly saying that there is not room for improvement on this roster then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Iago33

Reaction score
BAT;2415569 said:
Maybe I don't read internet sarcasm very well, but are you saying that the roster can NOT be improved?

I can understand if you are not an advocate of Parcells' "churning the bottom of the roster" but if you are honestly saying that there is not room for improvement on this roster then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The point he was making is that we are doing just that--churning the bottom of the roster. The OP wants them to be starters, it seems. We're replacing the dregs with, hopefully, better dregs. We're not going to find a Pro-Bowl player.

MONT17

Reaction score
Quick point Churning the roster should not include giving up draft picks 4 these players! Stick to the subject, Jerry is livin in the 90s Holland looks like Derrick Kennard just with less desire! Sad when a player who was traded for is at the bottom of the roster, Shanny punked Jerry what else is new.

joseephuss

Reaction score
MONT17;2415823 said:
Quick point Churning the roster should not include giving up draft picks 4 these players! Stick to the subject, Jerry is livin in the 90s Holland looks like Derrick Kennard just with less desire! Sad when a player who was traded for is at the bottom of the roster, Shanny punked Jerry what else is new.

Wow, a 5th rounder in 2010 is getting punked. Who knew? Holland is better than the other back ups that were behind Proctor and can step in if Davis gets hurt. That is churning the roster.