Carolina Panthers vs Denver Broncos Superbowl 50 Game Thread

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Hopefully this works but i'm going to leave this right here. I guess Eli wasn't very happy for his brother. ha

screen-shot-2016-02-07-at-10.jpg

I noticed that, it was odd, unless now peyton tied him and he didnt want that.

Wood

Reaction score
I thought Cam had a dejected look to him at times early in the game, which I thought was odd since they were only down one score and the other QB couldn't play dead. Granted, Eli looks like that every game and he has two rings, but it still surprised me. His line and his receivers didn't help him out much, though.

He reminds me of McNabb in sense he is always smiling after bad plays. I can't stand that. That drove Philly fans crazy after while and will soon get under skin of panther fans.

csirl

Reaction score
Cam should have been pulled before the end of the 3rd quarter. It was clear by then his head wasn't in the game and they'd no chance of winning with him. Rivera didn't have the guts to make the obvious, but difficult decision.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm amazed in looking at this Broncos team. The people involved at all levels - Elway as GM, Kubiak as head coach, Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator, draft picks, free agents, young players and veterans. The sheer number of decisions made that ended up paying off is unbelievable. It's like every thing they touched turned to gold!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Happy for Wade and Ware. Both are good guys. Wade has always been a great defensive coach and will now be forever remembered as the key coordinator of world champion. I always thought he got somewhat of a raw deal here. The team quit on him in '10. But there was so much going on with that locker room(players/coaches/management), some of it out of his control, he had no chance to succeed. And obviously Ware...an all-time great Cowboy. Congrats.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'm amazed in looking at this Broncos team. The people involved at all levels - Elway as GM, Kubiak as head coach, Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator, draft picks, free agents, young players and veterans. The sheer number of decisions made that ended up paying off is unbelievable. It's like every thing they touched turned to gold!

Yeah.They hit on a bunch of high level defensive talent, draft and FA. Wade has been consistently good as a coordinator for decades.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah.They hit on a bunch of high level defensive talent, draft and FA. Wade has been consistently good as a coordinator for decades.

It's truly an amazing run. From the time they hired Elway, it's been one success after another. From signing Manning, to drafting Von Miller, to an awe-inspiring 2014 free agent haul, to hiring Kubiak and then Wade.

And Wade was actually their second choice! Even their second choice turns out to be a grand slam! And they did what they did while undergoing a huge transition both offensively and defensively! This achievement truly blows me away and show what is possible in today's NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy for Wade and Ware. Both are good guys. Wade has always been a great defensive coach and will now be forever remembered as the key coordinator of world champion. I always thought he got somewhat of a raw deal here. The team quit on him in '10. But there was so much going on with that locker room(players/coaches/management), some of it out of his control, he had no chance to succeed. And obviously Ware...an all-time great Cowboy. Congrats.

I was a harsh critic of Wade when he was here and I'll stand by my prior 'Coach Cupcake' stance, but hat's off to the man, I also always felt he was a great defensive coordinator. Glad for both he and Ware.

The letdown of it all is that we can't seem to hire good coordinators to act in the roles they're best suited for. We hire them above their skill level as head coaches. We did it with Chan Gailey, who went back to being an excellent offensive coordinator, and we did it again with Wade, instead of hiring him strictly as a defensive coordinator.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow! That's messed up.

What it means is.... Even when Eli was up 2-1 in SB wins ... He and EVERYONE else in the world knew.... Peyton was wayyyyyy better.... Now this removes all doubt!

For me, this one shows Peyton winning one just the way Eli won both of his. A defense carrying the team and getting hot at just the right time.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
For me, this one shows Peyton winning one just the way Eli won both of his. A defense carrying the team and getting hot at just the right time.

Yeah I was going to post something like that.... But keep in mind... Eli needed to make plays on offense to help win those games. Peyton was still throwing the ball... Looking to throw that int... Then he did.

Eli did a little more than Peyton.... Yesterday anyways.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I was going to post something like that.... But keep in mind... Eli needed to make plays on offense to help win those games. Peyton was still throwing the ball... Looking to throw that int... Then he did.

Eli did a little more than Peyton.... Yesterday anyways.

True.

erod

Reaction score
1 of 14 on 3rd down

104 total passing yards

196 total yards

no offensive touchdown drives

And those are DENVER stats.

Amazing that they won.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the reason broncos won is that the panthers are just not really that good when you make mistakes its not so easy to win and be a frontrunner