Twitter: Carr signs with Baltimore

gmoney112

Reaction score
Just got in on this as I've been out all day. Bad move by us. Looks like we are trying to clean up the salary cap to me. Winning is secondary.

Going young, and going to try and find said young guys in the draft that are better fits for a Zone scheme. Retaining a mediocre Man CB not in best interests.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Both Carr and Claiborne playing 7 yards off on 3rd and 3 with their new teams will put a smile on my face.
I don't think Antonio Brown is losing any sleep over Carr signing with the Ravens.
Like a bad nightmare, it just continues for the dejected Jet fan base. I doubt Claiborne can handle the northeast winters, let alone Tom Brady.
What will Claiborne do with his Cowboy-decorated car?
How short would the Carr-Claiborne highlight film of the last 5 years be?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I think the plan all along has been for the Cowboys to draft a corner and a safety... Now where they draft them... We'll find out.
It's almost as if the Cowboys didn't consider they had 4 secondary guys on 1 year contracts last year when they skipped on an elite player at the position (with CB and safety flex) to draft a rb even though they had the best line in football and a former 1st rounder on the roster who just eclipsed 1k yards at 4.6 yards per.

Now we are forced to address the issue in the draft and when you go into the draft with critical needs that's usually a terrible place to be and one the Cowboys have specifically tried to avoid in recent years... To a lot of draft success mind you.

Short sighted and stupid but here we are.

Maybe Peppers slips?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since 2013
JJ Wilcox 5int 2ff
Barry Church 5int 7ff
Brandon Carr 4 int
Mo Claiborne 3int

How in the hell can we replace this production
oh-no.gif

:laugh:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Since 2013
JJ Wilcox 5int 2ff
Barry Church 5int 7ff
Brandon Carr 4 int
Mo Claiborne 3int

How in the hell can we replace this production

Dallas will probably never have anybody miss as many tackles as Wilcox again. It's a sad day.

negativecreep

Reaction score
Ok so Carrol, Smandrick, Brown...is that it? I thought we would sign either Mo or Carr. Wilcox and Church gone to...I hope we know what we are doing, losing two SS and both starting Corners...yeah we're drafting DBs, just hope they can play like AB did for us as rookies. Fingers crossed.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Ok so Carrol, Smandrick, Brown...is that it? I thought we would sign either Mo or Carr. Wilcox and Church gone to...I hope we know what we are doing, losing two SS and both starting Corners...yeah we're drafting DBs, just hope they can play like AB did for us as rookies. Fingers crossed.

We are drafting Sidney Jones in round 2, so one of the CBs we draft isn't going to play until next year. But I am sure our 1st, 3rd, and 4th round DBs will.

Verdict

Reaction score
Does anyone doubt that Carr will play much better in purple?

Kaiser

Reaction score
I just came here for the B-Carr rueage after 5 years of watching you mutants take a dump on him.

Yup.

Carroll for Carr is at least a wash. Brown will be better as a 2nd year player. Byron Jones will be better. Frazier will be at least as good as JJ Wilcox. Scandrick will be healthy again and should be much better than last year.

Plus we will draft guys and plus we will likely sign a FA Safety to fill the spot of Church, who we had to scheme to keep out of coverage.

Now back to watching Rueageddon 2017.