Twitter: Carr signs with Baltimore

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was actually decent after switching sides last season. Would have liked him back, though not a 6 mil.

I'm not going to miss him. Decent was as good as it got with Carr. Our entire secondary is trash.

kevm3

Reaction score
sweet, we let some of our D-line walk and the majority of our secondary. We might as well draft the best wr or te this year and hope we can outscore our opponents.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I would liked to have kept Carr but not at that price...he's made some serious money in the NFL....
Yall realize that's not a lot of money for a veteran player who's been decent. Especially one who hasn't missed a game in 5 years.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, it's actually a one-year deal with a "series of options." Schefter said it's most realistically called a two-year, $12 million contract.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Lol how weird. All I've heard is MO to balt. Than Carr signs there?

MarkP88

Reaction score
Carr and Claiborn are serviceable corners. There should be no panic or knee jerk decision to saturate-draft corners to replace them. The front seven is the main thing. Serviceable corners you can replace. Put a good front seven in front of them, and they start looking a lot better.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I wanted Claiborne back to see if he could stay healthy but it looks like the team wants to forget about that wasted pick.

As for Carr, he is average. We need better.

RamziD

Reaction score
I would have liked to have Carr back over Claiborne, but now we have neither. At least we have a deep secondary draft coming up. I wonder how much money we're saving by not signing a lot of our FAs and what the plan is to use it for the future. I also get the feeling like there is this strategy to cut bait with some of our older players and start fresh building around Dak and Zeke.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Losing Carr hurts but it's exciting at the same time knowing we are going to have a fresh look in the secondary.

I appreciate the job he did but I wish he could've done it for about 4 mill cheaper a year on our cap.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Good investment Baltimore. Those 4 years will net you a whopping 2 interceptions