1978 Chevy Monte Carlo
1986 Camaro IROCZ
1987 Chevy Blazer
1992 GMC Jimmy
1997 Ford Explorer
2001 BMW 530i
2006 Infiniti M35x
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Best Car was the Infiniti. I put 83,000 miles on that car and never had a problem with it.

Worst car that I bought new was the Pacer. Huge mistake. The BMW had a lot of problems too, some they could not fix right. Like the Air conditioner blower would just go to high speed spontaneously.

I am currently driving the Jeep Grand Cherokee and looking for my next new car. I am thinking the Honda Passport but I honestly cannot make up my mind. After a few run ins with the Jeep service department I am fully focused on finding a car that does not need to be fixed repeatedly, and when it does need service the service department is not a disaster. The local Honda dealer appears to have his stuff together in the service department based on what other people tell me of their experiences. .

I just bought a 21 Passport Touring. I love it. Comfortable as can be. I have a black with black leather and added black wheels, fender flares and side molding. The 1st dealership I stopped at wanted to charge me an extra $6000 becuase of the limited inventory. I told them to pound sand and blasted them for wasting my time. Then I went to another and got a better deal. Idiot car dealers....

FloridaRob

Reaction score
previous cars
63 Ford Fairlane-Dads hand me down
68 dodge Dart-Brothers hand me down
1973 Ford Mustang Ghia-loved that car
1978 Olds Cutlas-Stolen
1980 Olds Cutlas
1984 Toyota Camry Hatchback-
1989 Ford Probe-odometer went out at 225000 miles. I drove it another five years before it died on the side of teh road in 2000
1991 Mercury Cougar-The car was possessed-The seat belt would start tightening for no reason going down the road.
1994 Lexus SC 300. Prettiest car I ever owned
2000 Ford Mustang Ugly blue car
2004 Toyota Highlander
2004 Toyota RAv 4 totaled
2007 Toyota Rav 4-still sitting in my driveway with 300,000 miles on it.
2016 Toyota HighlanderLimitedf
2016 Honda Accord EXL
2021 Honda Passport Touring

Dang that is a lot of cars.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Past my first car, none of the rest of them matter.

I am 16 and it's 1963 and I get a '57 Chevy, lavender with a while top and white rolled and pleated leather interior, 283 with double 4 barrels and a three speed in the floor. and I am the envy of my crew. My girlfriend paints the interior lights with lavender and it looks surreal when that is on and we're parking. I am working my first job, soda jerk at Halls Drug store which carried it's own envy like being the bartender at the hottest bar.

"Parking" is the term my generation used for making out in a car while it is stopped. "Stupid" is the term my Dad used for making out in a moving vehicle. And what was parallel parking? Double dating? I actually had my buds use my car as leverage to get a date when we'd double date and we triple dated several times when scheduling conflicts arose.

The British Invasion is launching and I have 4 speakers for an AM radio and that is music to my ears as well as those around the car. It is the greatest period of time in radio and music history and I hate it every time I have to turn the radio off.

Unfortunately, letting me get that car is like giving a loaded gun to a trigger happy bandit and the cops that patrolled my hood, The Heights, had me pegged as Public Enemy #1. Speeding tickets and a trip to the assigned risk pool with auto insurance companies aka "who gets stuck with that idiot this month" doomed my run into a real American Graffiti life and my Dad sold the car and I had to wait.

An aside. One of the cops that pulled me over and let me go the first time was a customer at the soda fountain where I worked and now walked to and from work. He came in a week after the machine love of my life had been sold and said he was sorry that I lost my car. He told me things were pretty quiet on Friday and Saturday nights and he missed hearing me before he could see me.

Whenever I hear the phrase "too much of a good thing" I think about me and that car.

Last edited:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never owned a car in my life except a 55 Chevy………trucks my whole life.

rags747

Reaction score
1973 International Scout 4X4 brittany blue
1984 Nissan 720 4X4 butter yellow
1995 Chevy Z71 4X4
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4X4
2010 Toyota Tacoma 4X4
2021 Toyota Tacoma 4X4
Scouts are worth a pretty penny these days. Always loved the looks of them.