Twitter: Carson Wentz to the Commanders?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Athletic's Zak Keefer reports the Colts' issues with ex-QB Carson Wentz "stretched back to before the season began."
Keefer paints a picture of a quarterback who was basically never liked or respected from the second he showed up in Indianapolis. "Over the course of the year, some grew frustrated at what they deemed a lack of leadership, a resistance to hard coaching and a reckless style of play, which had a role in several close losses this year." Other than that Mrs. Lincoln? But there's more. "The quarterback, who learned he was on shaky ground with the organization over the last month, reached out to owner Jim Irsay in hopes of setting up a meeting to 'clear the air,' a source said. But Irsay declined the meeting." Yikes. These are the exact kind of things that were said about Wentz his final days in Philadelphia. He frankly sounds unpleasant to work with. It is impossible to see how this will work in the league's most dysfunctional organization in Washington. Best of luck, "Commanders" fans

I love how many shots Rotoworld takes at players.

links18

Reaction score
Damn, did the Colts basically just pay to have someone take Wentz? They are throwing in a second round pick and only getting a third and a conditional pick?

NickZepp

Reaction score
The Athletic's Zak Keefer reports the Colts' issues with ex-QB Carson Wentz "stretched back to before the season began."
Keefer paints a picture of a quarterback who was basically never liked or respected from the second he showed up in Indianapolis. "Over the course of the year, some grew frustrated at what they deemed a lack of leadership, a resistance to hard coaching and a reckless style of play, which had a role in several close losses this year." Other than that Mrs. Lincoln? But there's more. "The quarterback, who learned he was on shaky ground with the organization over the last month, reached out to owner Jim Irsay in hopes of setting up a meeting to 'clear the air,' a source said. But Irsay declined the meeting." Yikes. These are the exact kind of things that were said about Wentz his final days in Philadelphia. He frankly sounds unpleasant to work with. It is impossible to see how this will work in the league's most dysfunctional organization in Washington. Best of luck, "Commanders" fans

Sounds a lot like what they were saying after he left Philly.

Carson

Reaction score
Damn, did the Colts basically just pay to have someone take Wentz? They are throwing in a second round pick and only getting a third and a conditional pick?
They swapped 2nds. So the Colts moved up 5 spots in the 2nd as well

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I actually thought Washington's QB, Taylor Heinicke, had a lot of guts and made good plays for his team. I thought that team's problems had much more to do with their inability to protect him or give him good weapons to throw to or to support him via a running game. If they don't solves those problems, Wentz will just get clobbered.

Carson

Reaction score
I actually thought Washington's QB, Taylor Heinicke, had a lot of guts and made good plays for his team. I thought that team's problems had much more to do with their inability to protect him or give him good weapons to throw to or to support him via a running game. If they don't solves those problems, Wentz will just get clobbered.
I would love him here as a backup

RonWashington

Reaction score

Randy Gregory sent Heineke a Xmas card according to “ sources “ who leak this top secret stuff .

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good move by the Football Team, I don’t think Wentz is done, too much natural physical talent there imo.

From what I've read, the reason the Colts are giving up on him is not physical talent but what's between his ears and lack of leadership.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don’t get it
He’s not a huge improvement over Tyler heinicke
I’d like Tyler as our backup
Kids not too bad for a guy who’s played just 16 games and has 3886 yards passing and nearly 400 more rushing
I think it is Taylor? but yeah he did good considering how bad the whole team was last season.
Defense went downhill, then chase out for season, no star wr, and not much of a run game , and not much of an OC.

I dont know why anyone would want some of these discarded QB's they were discarded for various reasons, and it would be rare to actually fix one of them,
and they turn into a success.
Wash should just draft one and try and do better at evaluation.

As for wentz he has seen his best days, and I havent seen him play for years, so cant
say if he is good or not. ( I know I dont care for him, bit of a arrogant jerk)
But like henike he wont have much to work with, unless they assemble some more off talent.

maybe they wind up with cooper lol.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
o_O For the 6th straight season, Indy won't have the same starting QB in Week 1 as it did the year before.

Colts' Week 1 Starting QB By Year:
2016 Andrew Luck
2017 Scott Tolzien
2018 Andrew Luck
2019 Jacoby Brissett
2020 Philip Rivers
2021 Carson Wentz
2022 TBD

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Revenge tour.

And I will be there in the front row. Sitting on someone's shoulders. Exposing my breasts.

IMG0634.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All the Prince Harry videos floating around are pretty stupid.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Best news Dallas has heard all day. Another season guaranteed to see Washington scrape the floor of the East.