Carson Wentz

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
So, do the eagles just let Foles walk after he won the SB for the first time in their franchise history when Wentz comes back?

kevm3

Reaction score
I can't believe people on here are still thinking that Dak is on the same level as Wentz after what we saw this year. We are one delusional fanbase.

I shouldn't be surprised though, I was even thinking during the game last night that people would use Foles' performance to try and discredit Wentz all for the sake of defending Dak. Foles is nowhere close to Wentz's level/ability....but he played well in the SB and won the MVP so good for him. But let's be real here, I said weeks ago that this was the worst defense the patriots were taking to the SB ever. Some people on here were touting their points per drive defense but I said that didn't tell the story. Their defensive efficiency on the season ranked 30th....it was not a good defense. And on the top of that, Belichick sat his second best corner on the team and never explained why.

Foles has some NFL talent, I'm just not sure he's a starter though. Ultimately, he'll be traded or released and end up on another team and prove that he probably isn't a starter and Wentz will have a long, successful career. Hell, the only reason they even were in a position to win a SB was because Wentz had already led them to the #1 seed for the playoffs. Without that one seed, Eagles probably don't make the SB.
What's delusional are cowboy fans that call their own qb a system qb yet drool over a division rival qb who has a much more stacked team and is much better coached... Foles stepped in and didn't miss a beat. What do we call that? A system. You aren't sure foles is a starter despite just winning a superbowl against arguably the goat qb in Brady in a head to head matchup?

kevm3

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, we need two WRs that are at the level of a Randy Moss, and Bill Bellichick as our coach for our current QB to be effective?

Wouldn't it just be easier to find a QB ?
Or maybe we look at 2016 where dak had arguably the greatest rookie season on record

Wayne02

Reaction score
So, do the eagles just let Foles walk after he won the SB for the first time in their franchise history when Wentz comes back?

The Eagles turned in Sam Bradford for a 1st round pick, I'm very confident that the guys in charge over there will make a great decision for them, I wish we had the same kind of leadership.

Wayne02

Reaction score
What's delusional are cowboy fans that call their own qb a system qb yet drool over a division rival qb who has a much more stacked team and is much better coached... Foles stepped in and didn't miss a beat. What do we call that? A system. You aren't sure foles is a starter despite just winning a superbowl against arguably the goat qb in Brady in a head to head matchup?

We all will defend Dak to some extent because he plays for the Cowboys, but let's not act like Dak can make the throws that Wentz or even the throws that Foles can make, he can't. Dak does some good things and has pretty good intangibles, but as a pure pocket passing QB, he's not on either of the Philly QB's level.

HanD

Reaction score

he has lots of trade value imo. if i were them, i'd keep him to see how wentz is at the start of the year just in case. But if someone is offering a 2nd rounder, i pull the trigger.

his contract voids after next year if he is on the roster feb 2019.

condoin125

Reaction score
"head to head matchup"....they don't face each other AT ALL. They're never on the field at the same time, not in the same conditions, have different players around them and don't face the same defense. How bad do you have to be at football analysis for this to be your argument? I'm not sure Foles is a starter because in week 17 he couldn't move the ball vs our mediocre defense, could barely move the ball vs Atlanta's mediocre defense and just looked plain awful vs a bad Oakland team.

Foles has plenty of bright spots in his career thus far and also plenty of bad. As someone has said, he's simply never shown himself to be consistent which often spells backup in the NFL. See Matt Moore.

School

Reaction score
Do you guys remember the Chargers game this season? Who on that team is fast? Allen? Pfft!!

Speed is overrated.

I saw two slow big receivers take us to the woodshed on deep routes.
As Romo said "Ball placement is everything in the deep game".

I saw Rivers throw dime after dime to receivers that get "no separation" and have a field day against us.

People think a WR will get "college open" but in the NFL , 1 on 1 situations mean you're open.

Troy Aikman was about to have a stroke in the Seahawks game because Dak wouldn't take advantage of those 1 on 1 situations.

Give me a QB that is accurate and isn't afraid to take chances and the scheme becomes an afterthought.

Allen's best known trait is his ability to create separation. There are other ways to get open besides pure speed.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope Dak Tebow works on his accuracy.. lmao.. wonder why they didn't fix it in college... hum..

ghostdog

Reaction score
No you trade him. He is an asset. Up until yesterday I thought a high second was fine now I want a first round pick. What do you think the MVP of the SB will go for? Foles is not the future. Go get a player at a different position that will be.