Carson Wentz

School

Reaction score
What's interesting is Foles is less than 4 years older than Wentz.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wentz is tremendously more talented than Foles. Let’s not forget that Foles has been bad after his one magical year in Philly before. This was the perfect storm. Foles was bad at times in his relief of Wentz, but he got hot and confident at the right time and played great the final two games.

He’s no Wentz, but one can make the argument that Wentz may not have played as well. He’s still a second year QB, his first trip to the playoffs. He would be unlikely to make all the reads and decisions the vet made. One youthful, inexperienced mistake could have meant a SB loss, so Foles was probably the better player for this playoff run, considering he found his best game.

But Wentz is the man in Philly, far more talent than Foles, and just needs experience. Watching this run from the sidelines isn’t going to hurt him, and it helped Philly.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, unreal.

Sure, Wentz sucks, is a system QB and Tony Romo is the greatest QB to ever play.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Ehhh eagles were gifted that game...I think it was all rigged. Case in point Ertz td ( coulda gone either way so we will overlook that one) but 2 more of phillys tds were gifts. One cleary by the time the rb got contol of the ball in the endzone the second foot was out..td number 2 the trick play pass to foles. On thus play the egles only had 6 ppl on the line of scrimmage, the rule requires 7. 14 points given to the eagles.

School

Reaction score
Wentz is tremendously more talented than Foles. Let’s not forget that Foles has been bad after his one magical year in Philly before. This was the perfect storm. Foles was bad at times in his relief of Wentz, but he got hot and confident at the right time and played great the final two games.

He’s no Wentz, but one can make the argument that Wentz may not have played as well. He’s still a second year QB, his first trip to the playoffs. He would be unlikely to make all the reads and decisions the vet made. One youthful, inexperienced mistake could have meant a SB loss, so Foles was probably the better player for this playoff run, considering he found his best game.

But Wentz is the man in Philly, far more talent than Foles, and just needs experience. Watching this run from the sidelines isn’t going to hurt him, and it helped Philly.

Foles was sent to the gulag in St. Louis under Fisher. That might've been an impossible situation to succeed in. Goff looked absolutely terrible in that same system.

When in KC, Foles performed well in short stints when Smith went down. It's possible he may never have lost his touch but was more a victim of circumstances.

starcity214

Reaction score
People are over thinking this.

Is Adrian Clayborne better than DeMarcus Lawrence?

Of course not.... But Lawrence has never had a 6 sack game....

Why is Lawrence better than Clayborne?
Consistency.

Nick Foles is what he is. An inconsistent QB that will outduel Tom Brady one game, and play worse than Tim Tebow the next. This is why he is a career backup.

If systems and schemes are everything, why didn't Bellichik turn whoever was the QB in Cleveland into a legend? Why is Tom Brady still around? I mean, Bellichik could pickup any undrafted free agent rookie QB and make him into a legend right?

Coaching, while important , is overrated.
I saw Romo call a Patriots game this season and he was calling out all their plays before they happened. I'm sure at least half of the coaches in the NFL are as good if not better than Romo at reading the game.

Heck, we all know that the "vaunted" Patriots system is just rub routes and getting Gronkowski the ball but they still succeed because the players execute.

Execution is everything.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
People are over thinking this.

Is Adrian Clayborne better than DeMarcus Lawrence?

Of course not.... But Lawrence has never had a 6 sack game....

Why is Lawrence better than Clayborne?
Consistency.

Nick Foles is what he is. An inconsistent QB that will outduel Tom Brady one game, and play worse than Tim Tebow the next. This is why he is a career backup.

If systems and schemes are everything, why didn't Bellichik turn whoever was the QB in Cleveland into a legend? Why is Tom Brady still around? I mean, Bellichik could pickup any undrafted free agent rookie QB and make him into a legend right?

Coaching, while important , is overrated.
I saw Romo call a Patriots game this season and he was calling out all their plays before they happened. I'm sure at least half of the coaches in the NFL are as good if not better than Romo at reading the game.

Heck, we all know that the "vaunted" Patriots system is just rub routes and getting Gronkowski the ball but they still succeed because the players execute.

Execution is everything.
Because it requires good schemes and coaching to make a guy like Chris Hogan turn into a an pro type player 2 years in a row in the playoffs.

Dez and TWill are infinitely more talented but they’re never as wide open as the Patriots get Hogan

River82

Reaction score
The problem with a mobile/running QB like Wentz (probably mobile, not running) is that any dip in their physical prowess will affect their performance on the field, and Wentz is returning from an injury that will hinder him for the rest of his career. I need to see how he does next year, and it won't be ideal for Wentz because they'll have a tougher schedule.

starcity214

Reaction score
Because it requires good schemes and coaching to make a guy like Chris Hogan turn into a an pro type player 2 years in a row in the playoffs.

Dez and TWill are infinitely more talented but they’re never as wide open as the Patriots get Hogan

Give me a break.

Hogan is like their 3rd or fourth option .

I would hardly say that Hogan is setting the league on fire.

Take away Brady , Gronkowski , and Cooks from that system and I guarantee you that the Vaunted Patriots scheme would struggle.

In our system, Witten and Beasley used to be wide open untill defenses realized Prescott doesn't like to throw deep.

If Brady became gun shy, I guarantee you that Hogan/Amendola would stop being wide open. The only reason they are open is because defenses fear Tom Brady's deep game and that opens up all that underneath stuff.

Basic football man.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Give me a break.

Take away Brady , Gronkowski , and Cooks from that system and I guarantee you that the Vaunted Patriots scheme would struggle.

In our system, Witten and Beasley used to be wide open untill defenses realized Prescott doesn't like to throw deep.

If Brady became gun shy, I guarantee you that Hogan/Amendola would stop being wide open. The only reason they are open is because defenses fear Tom Brady's deep game and that opens up all that underneath stuff.

Basic football man.

You’re right to a point.

Not trying to get into a QB argument. It is partly on him.

The offense DOES lack speed at outside WR also though. To threaten the defense.

We also need a speed guy to blow the top off and keep the safeties a few yards deeper than they currently are.

kevm3

Reaction score
Give me a break.

Basic football man.
Pats went 11 and 5 with Matt cassell who didn't win a single game here

starcity214

Reaction score
You’re right to a point.

Not trying to get into a QB argument. It is partly on him.

The offense DOES lack speed at outside WR also though. To threaten the defense.

We also need a speed guy to blow the top off and keep the safeties a few yards deeper than they currently are.

Do you guys remember the Chargers game this season? Who on that team is fast? Allen? Pfft!!

Speed is overrated.

I saw two slow big receivers take us to the woodshed on deep routes.
As Romo said "Ball placement is everything in the deep game".

I saw Rivers throw dime after dime to receivers that get "no separation" and have a field day against us.

People think a WR will get "college open" but in the NFL , 1 on 1 situations mean you're open.

Troy Aikman was about to have a stroke in the Seahawks game because Dak wouldn't take advantage of those 1 on 1 situations.

Give me a QB that is accurate and isn't afraid to take chances and the scheme becomes an afterthought.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Do you guys remember the Chargers game this season? Who on that team is fast? Allen? Pfft!!

Speed is overrated.

I saw two slow big receivers take us to the woodshed on deep routes.
As Romo said "Ball placement is everything in the deep game".

I saw Rivers throw dime after dime to receivers that get "no separation" and have a field day against us.

People think a WR will get "college open" but in the NFL , 1 on 1 situations mean you're open.

Troy Aikman was about to have a stroke in the Seahawks game because Dak wouldn't take advantage of those 1 on 1 situations.

Give me a QB that is accurate and isn't afraid to take chances and the scheme becomes an afterthought.

Lol prior to the changes that were made (after the chargers game) the cowboys secondary has been a sieve for years now.

Somebody scorching them doesn’t prove anything.

Of course Phillip Rivers is an excellent quarterback, but if you’re insinuating that receiver speed has no effect on an offenses deep attack and that it doesn’t matter....... that’s just plain not true.

Desean jackson, randy moss, bullet Bob Hayes, Alvin Harper, I could go on and on.

There are plenty of teams where their receivers DO get seperation deep down the field and it doesn’t take a pinpoint perfect pass, 50 yards in the air, to get a deep completion.

And again I’m agreeing the QB needs to play better, but saying speed doesn’t matter at receiver? That’s crazy

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So tired of the lazy "throw a WR open" crap. We've have WR's who did their jobs and got open or were where they needed to be.

starcity214

Reaction score
Pats went 11 and 5 with Matt cassell who didn't win a single game here

Well, Matt Cassell is a career backup for a reason..

I mean, it's not like we haven't seen mediocre players have one great season and go back to sucking the next before right ?

If Matt Cassell could sustain that level of play , he would be the Patriots QB to this day..

Mediocre players are mediocre because they lack the ability to consistently play at a high level.

condoin125

Reaction score
I can't believe people on here are still thinking that Dak is on the same level as Wentz after what we saw this year. We are one delusional fanbase.

I shouldn't be surprised though, I was even thinking during the game last night that people would use Foles' performance to try and discredit Wentz all for the sake of defending Dak. Foles is nowhere close to Wentz's level/ability....but he played well in the SB and won the MVP so good for him. But let's be real here, I said weeks ago that this was the worst defense the patriots were taking to the SB ever. Some people on here were touting their points per drive defense but I said that didn't tell the story. Their defensive efficiency on the season ranked 30th....it was not a good defense. And on the top of that, Belichick sat his second best corner on the team and never explained why.

Foles has some NFL talent, I'm just not sure he's a starter though. Ultimately, he'll be traded or released and end up on another team and prove that he probably isn't a starter and Wentz will have a long, successful career. Hell, the only reason they even were in a position to win a SB was because Wentz had already led them to the #1 seed for the playoffs. Without that one seed, Eagles probably don't make the SB.

starcity214

Reaction score
Lol prior to the changes that were made (after the chargers game) the cowboys secondary has been a sieve for years now.

Somebody scorching them doesn’t prove anything.

Of course Phillip Rivers is an excellent quarterback, but if you’re insinuating that receiver speed has no effect on an offenses deep attack and that it doesn’t matter....... that’s just plain not true.

Desean jackson, randy moss, bullet Bob Hayes, Alvin Harper, I could go on and on.

There are plenty of teams where their receivers DO get seperation deep down the field and it doesn’t take a pinpoint perfect pass, 50 yards in the air, to get a deep completion.

And again I’m agreeing the QB needs to play better, but saying speed doesn’t matter at receiver? That’s crazy

So let me get this straight, we need two WRs that are at the level of a Randy Moss, and Bill Bellichick as our coach for our current QB to be effective?

Wouldn't it just be easier to find a QB ?

HungryLion

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, we need two WRs that are at the level of a Randy Moss, and Bill Bellichick as our coach for our current QB to be effective?

Wouldn't it just be easier to find a QB ?

I guess you can’t read.

Randy moss was one name I mentioned.

I also didn’t mention anything about needing 2. Right now our offense has 0 fast receivers who are reliable. Brice butler can’t be trusted.

Having 1 good fast receiver, not even on randy moss’ level would make a huge difference.

Also, it probably wouldn’t be easier to find a QB you’re talking about. There’s only a few of them in he league despite hundreds of millions of dollars and tons of draft picks invested in plenty of QB’s who never make it.

I don’t know why I’m even bothering discussing this with you. Your last response was so over the top ludicrous that it’s proof you have no desire to have a reasonable argument about it.

Btw I’m not against them looking for another QB. But there could be a lot of failure on the way to getting there.