Casualties of a poorly coached team

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
until the cowboys hire a real gm and front office nfl capable people this is the clown show that will continue for the dallas cowboys they have hit bottom and boy is it hard to watch

blueblood70

Reaction score
That would be a complete disaster pick! They have focused way too much on this offensive side of the football and need to find later round oline players that can work and get a QB that doesnt need premier talent across the board to function.

that and we do not need any OL right now needs to be a defensive heavy draft and FA period..we are set on offense outside of Daks future both in starters and backups..not sure why fans think we need to yet again get a franchise OL when the defense is in desperate need of an overhaul..

what the time comes when TS retires or is cut LC moves there no doubt and we plug in someone on the RT spot..its not hard

I mean we have Biadsz, Mcgovern, Martin, and Lc all with years ahead Cwill as an option and steele, knight ,looney and Ervin all spot starters or backups..

blueblood70

Reaction score
BTW to the OP nearly none of that will happen.. contracts and caps say otherwise so the constant who should be cut posts get old..

most of the poor coaching comes from coaching our thirds string team while our starters are on the OL..there was level of desperation to overcompensate and take far more risks then they would normally..

Im upset over the TG game decsions maybe 4-5 others through the year but after some deep thinking, i understand the situations they were in and in the end the higher draft pick will be more important then the 3 wins we could have had..

maybe [part of the plan, who knows..

Most of the coaches and high paid players will be back so man for the luv of GOD stop all these posts from clueless fans not understanding the business nature of a capped NFL League and what losing 17+ starters can do to a team and coaches....

I get it I'm upset and disappointed as anyone but im betting n we are easily a 10-6 team next year just getting healthy and few additions on defense..im not living in the sky is falling world and fully understand how this all went downhill this year..finding one coach or one payer or two to target the frustration on is hopeless it was team effort all around..

valid reasons for sure you can say dont make excuses but this was extreme in every way and all valid reason for failure..

reboot 2021 commenced post TG debacle..

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Number one, Dak Prescott , Ezekiel Elliott,. Jalen Smith. All three should not return next season. Dak Prescott whether you support him or not we definitely need to take a quarterback with the first overall pick . Elliot basically did it to himself. Jalen Smith it’s not the same player

I agree partly with your post. My question to everyone is why don’t more teams follow the script that the Patriots have used to win multiple Super Bowls? They never paid RB’s, WR’s and their QB, who may be the best of all time was underpaid for years. I believe Zeke & the name Smith’s need to go as well as Amari! Coop is a very good player but not great and his demeanor on the field is terrible! It’s fine to be a quiet leader but he comes off as if he’s pouting when things aren’t going well! T. Smith needs to go or take a pay cut as well as possibly, yes I’ll say it, Zac Martin. Smith especially has been hurt and unavailable for several games and both are not the same players they were 4 - 5 years ago. They are getting old and it shows up every time they play. I think Dak has all of the skills to take a team to a SB but by not signing a $210 million dollar, $35 million per season contract last season tells me he isn’t in the same category as Brady when it comes to his mindset of truly wanting to win SB’s even if means he makes a little less money.. We need a major overhaul and I also don’t believe that McCarthy is the guy to get the job done. He’s done a poor job with the coordinator’s he’s brought in, which possibly says his time has past. UGH!!! WHAT A YEAR!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yep, I thought that for about Romos first 2 seasons and down the road I wanted Dallas to package a deal including Romo to move up for Andrew Luck. Well the Colts ruined him but not before he single handed carried then to the playoffs 3 straight season by himself. Don't make the same mistake holding onto Dak.

Again it wasn't Romo that was the problem, you can spin cycle QB's all you want.....the problem will still be here and until he decides to draft some middle defense your boy trevor will just be the guy you wont gone in 4 years from now.

Techsass

Reaction score
I agree partly with your post. My question to everyone is why don’t more teams follow the script that the Patriots have used to win multiple Super Bowls? They never paid RB’s, WR’s and their QB, who may be the best of all time was underpaid for years. I believe Zeke & the name Smith’s need to go as well as Amari! Coop is a very good player but not great and his demeanor on the field is terrible! It’s fine to be a quiet leader but he comes off as if he’s pouting when things aren’t going well! T. Smith needs to go or take a pay cut as well as possibly, yes I’ll say it, Zac Martin. Smith especially has been hurt and unavailable for several games and both are not the same players they were 4 - 5 years ago. They are getting old and it shows up every time they play. I think Dak has all of the skills to take a team to a SB but by not signing a $210 million dollar, $35 million per season contract last season tells me he isn’t in the same category as Brady when it comes to his mindset of truly wanting to win SB’s even if means he makes a little less money.. We need a major overhaul and I also don’t believe that McCarthy is the guy to get the job done. He’s done a poor job with the coordinator’s he’s brought in, which possibly says his time has past. UGH!!! WHAT A YEAR!!
So now we're supposed to dump Zack Martin? Why? He had back issues in 2018, but only missed 1 game. This year he had a concussion & now his calf.

BTW Tyron is the 15th highest paid tackle & that will continue slipping as new contracts get signed. PFF had him graded at #7 in June...right behind Lane Johnson. So even with his injuries, he is still pretty dang good at what he does.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Number one, Dak Prescott , Ezekiel Elliott,. Jalen Smith. All three should not return next season. Dak Prescott whether you support him or not we definitely need to take a quarterback with the first overall pick . Elliot basically did it to himself. Jalen Smith it’s not the same player

All 3 players will be back.

some of the coaches will not.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So now we're supposed to dump Zack Martin? Why? He had back issues in 2018, but only missed 1 game. This year he had a concussion & now his calf.

BTW Tyron is the 15th highest paid tackle & that will continue slipping as new contracts get signed. PFF had him graded at #7 in June...right behind Lane Johnson. So even with his injuries, he is still pretty dang good at what he does.
Tyron is decent when he is out there but not as good as he used to be. Problem is he is always hurt.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Theres a couple more.
Yeah. This is actually a good QB draft. Lawrence and Fields get all the attention but Trask is an amazing passer and Wilson is a plus athlete with a great arm, tremendous accuracy and as quick a release as I've seen in a while. Lawrence will go #1 but I think it's a good possibility that Fields doesn't go #2. I think we could easily see four QBs go in the top-10 and three in the top-5. And I haven't even mentioned Trey Lance.

catiii

Reaction score
Zekes here for another year, so dont worry.
According to those two "Undisputed" guys, since Zeke is doing more harm than good, they both think Jerry WOULD EAT his money and let him go if he keeps it up He may think he's safe because of his huge contract, but he's not...
It was totally STOOPID for Jerry to pay two years early AND to make him the highest paid RB in the NFL....Idiotic decision of many idiotic decisions these morons have made..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it doesn't matter who the coach is when you lose half a team to injuries no coach is going to miraculously fix this problem. smh.
Yeah but they would put them in a better situation to help win rather than adding to the issue

fivetwos

Reaction score
that and we do not need any OL right now needs to be a defensive heavy draft and FA period..we are set on offense outside of Daks future both in starters and backups..not sure why fans think we need to yet again get a franchise OL when the defense is in desperate need of an overhaul..

what the time comes when TS retires or is cut LC moves there no doubt and we plug in someone on the RT spot..its not hard

I mean we have Biadsz, Mcgovern, Martin, and Lc all with years ahead Cwill as an option and steele, knight ,looney and Ervin all spot starters or backups..
First, I think this is all very moot because if theres ever been a perfect mix of need vs opportunity it's the Bengals drafting Sewell.

Doubt we finish worse than them.

I agree with you in premise as far as needing defense.

However, Sewell does grade out very very highly and if that is way ahead of the next best defensive player, and it appears to be that way, you have to take him.

IMO it also should coincide with cutting Tyron and saving 10m to spend on defense in FA.

Again though, Dallas will end up with pick 4-6. Sewell will be off the board. We will know this answer after the Cincy game.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Jaylon Smith will all be returning.

The Cowboys won't have the first overall pick.

Elliott did not do it to himself. The Cowboys offered him the $90M contract.

Jalen Smith is not the same player he was at ND. But he was also overrated while there. Which makes his situation with the Cowboys all the worse.
I'm pretty sure this guy didn't want his whole entire post ripped apart, sooooo

This is your last warning. Stop with the personal attacks.

Prossman

Reaction score
Couple of questions? What more was Dak suppose to do before he got hurt, to be considered a good qb. He was putting up historic numbers. What coach could possible win with the number of devastating injuries we have and are still enduring, and a Virtual offseason to boot? We are losing because we have little talent left on the field, period.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If you think the team is poorly coached then drafting a QB is about the dumbest thing you can do.

Verdict

Reaction score

Step back from the ledge brother. You might accidentally fall.