Video: Cavanaugh & Holley hinting at potential locker room problems

shabazz

Reaction score
Parsons is overrated.

Not a big fan.
He’s an athletic freak. I’m starting to wonder if he’s being utilized to his full potential and is he struggling in some games because of his teammate’s deficiencies?

I don’t know the answer but I’d be willing to bet that if Parsons was on a defense like the Ravens,Niners, Jets, etc, he might be at an even higher level.

Having said that, I’m not of fan of all his lip flapping but that’s just a matter of opinion.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I get the sense that dak is very close to losing the locker room. I didn’t watch this video and I’m not sure if that’s what they’re saying. But I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s true. How could the players keep sticking behind him after all of this failure ? I don’t blame them if that’s the case. He’s losing support everywhere, as he should after these continuous stinkers.
If you had watched the video, you'd know that MM is about to lose the locker-room. MM is running the same boring offense he did for a decade at GB. Kurt Warner, who's not the biggest Dak fan, even he said the route designs are not good. Chris Simms is saying the same thing. Someone said that MM didn't leave his office for 3 days trying to get better. Not sure if that's true or not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m honestly of the mind that this culture will ruin even the best players. Jerry refuses to use the second round to actually bring in needed players. We needed guard in a bad way last season we got a tight end. They hoped tyron would play all year. They thought pollard could play the lead back role. He can’t. Charbonnet was sitting there. They react. They have never been proactive.
Factor that in with the fact Jerry and the Cowboys aura? This whole America’s Team culture. Whether knowingly or not he puts unneeded pressure on his players while getting the best out of every opponent they face.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Everyone gets a long when they're winning.

This is typical for a losing team.
This seems about it. I get dak and ceedee being pissed with McCarthy. He keeps doing what he did in Green Bay and it’s a different time here.

But in reality this would be all moot if we’re winning.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s an athletic freak. I’m starting to wonder if he’s being utilized to his full potential and is he struggling in some games because of his teammate’s deficiencies?

I don’t know the answer but I’d be willing to bet that if Parsons was on a defense like the Ravens,Niners, Jets, etc, he might be at an even higher level.

Having said that, I’m not of fan of all his lip flapping but that’s just a matter of opinion.
I don’t think he is. I don’t think his body type can hold up as just a pass rusher. I won’t knock how they play him. He’s a dominant rusher. I just don’t know if it’s the best role for him as a player.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Factor that in with the fact Jerry and the Cowboys aura? This whole America’s Team culture. Whether knowingly or not he puts unneeded pressure on his players while getting the best out of every opponent they face.
Did see the 49er's "Sideline Sounds" video I posted yesterday? #57, their LB, forgot his name, he mentioned America's Team while getting them pumped up before kickoff. We DO get their best because of that label.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Daks total exposure shouldn't be heralded, this entire team sucks without a decent QB, every team in the league sucks without a decent QB.
I don't ever want to see on this forum another ignorant Dak is a top ten QB total bias BS metric being posted but go right ahead just pay attention to those around here that actually pay attention get shunned often for their out of the box evaluation skills.
You have put 7your neck on the chopping line more than anyone,,,
I hope that @MountaineerCowboy realizes this is a compliment of due diligence served.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
18:30 mark.

Apparently both Dak & Lamb were not on board with McCarthy calling plays, preferred Kellen.

There is also apparently some tension between Dak/Lamb. #88's sideline demeanor has been bad the last two weeks.

Jesse has also gotten on #11 for his selfishness and not being a true leader in the locker room. They said things could implode if we lose to the Chargers.

What Cavanaugh is saying about motion when the ball is snapped . . . is spot on.

CWR

Reaction score
This isn't typical; it's way worse.
The Cowboys players are realizing that they are at their ceiling with Dak, and they aren't buying their own excuses.
A big part of the Cowboys died Sunday night, and reality is hitting them hard.

They start winning games and this all goes away, typical.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Lamb is a huge turnoff pouter right from Professor Amari Cooper’s Sulking 101 class.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I’m honestly of the mind that this culture will ruin even the best players. Jerry refuses to use the second round to actually bring in needed players. We needed guard in a bad way last season we got a tight end. They hoped tyron would play all year. They thought pollard could play the lead back role. He can’t. Charbonnet was sitting there. They react. They have never been proactive.
Charbonnet has 106 yards on the season...

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Parsons should be playing LB at least half of the time. They are wasting him rushing the passer every down. He has one play, coming off the edge. Micah has become a one-trick pony.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
I don't think it's problems, just frustrations.

They're 3-2 with a shot to be 4-2.

The Eagles play Dallas (2x), Miami, Chiefs, Bills, 49ers, and the Seahawks in the coming weeks.

Despite that horrible offensive showing we're still top 5 in EPA per play. Bad games happen.

Even if we lose to the Chargers I wouldn't panic, however. If we are not able to move the ball and score on that defense I will be worried.