Video: Cavanaugh & Holley hinting at potential locker room problems

Zordon

Reaction score
18:30 mark.

Apparently both Dak & Lamb were not on board with McCarthy calling plays, preferred Kellen.

There is also apparently some tension between Dak/Lamb. #88's sideline demeanor has been bad the last two weeks.

Jesse has also gotten on #11 for his selfishness and not being a true leader in the locker room. They said things could implode if we lose to the Chargers.

JBS

Reaction score
I get the sense that dak is very close to losing the locker room. I didn’t watch this video and I’m not sure if that’s what they’re saying. But I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s true. How could the players keep sticking behind him after all of this failure ? I don’t blame them if that’s the case. He’s losing support everywhere, as he should after these continuous stinkers.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I get the sense that dak is very close to losing the locker room. I didn’t watch this video and I’m not sure if that’s what they’re saying. But I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s true. How could the players keep sticking behind him after all of this failure ? I don’t blame them if that’s the case. He’s losing support everywhere, as he should after these continuous stinkers.
Fergusons cute text to him says all you need to know about where the locker room is at.

You don’t tell someone you have their back if people aren’t against them.

starfan1

Reaction score
Wahhhh.

None of y’all would be in this situation if you just listened to MountaineerCowboy.

Check my receipts.
and what situation is that? How do fanboys or nonfan boys in your case Impact the dallas cowboys? You are no more than an internet troll who had a good week. You or I have 0 impact on the dallas cowboys and all your yammering dont change that all it does is help divide fan site

or by yall you mean the cowboys FO

gtb1943

Reaction score
Fergusons cute text to him says all you need to know about where the locker room is at.

You don’t tell someone you have their back if people aren’t against them.
There are always people against other people. Its natural to the species.

WE know there were people on the Pats that never liked Brady but that did not mean much did it?

Zordon

Reaction score
Change the QB and the HC for all i care.

Dak, you didnt want Kellen to go? Well, you shouldve played better in the playoffs and stopped woating it up out there against the 9ers (twice)
You can't lose to our biggest historical rival at home and on the road in the playoffs and not show up in both games. Danny White and Don Meredith got ran out for a lot less than that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
But what I've heard from other good media people like David Moore is that part of the problem before was that Dak was too comfy, too buddy-buddy with Kellen going back to when Kellen was a player, and Dak wasn't being coached hard enough because of it.

That's why I was for the change. Dak does need to be coached. He isn't on a Rodgers or Brady tier where he should get to dictate everything. To hell with him being babied and getting everything he wants, especially having his BFF coaching him, when he throws out so many stinker games at his salary level.

But the way things are with this team, you can see how they're setting it up. Everything is Mike's fault. All Dak needs is a different OC that he likes better and everything will be fine. Fire the coach and you can sell more hopium and excuse that Dak extension that will doom the team for several more years.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think his performance against the 49ers last year lost a lot of people on the team. The D only gave up 19 pts, and we only scored 12. For the #1 scoring offense that was ridiculous and I think Dak sheet the bed as do many others. This last game probably cemented it for the larger part of the fan base.

Who knows what his teammates think, but the guy makes like double anyone else. It's like working with a SME at the office that you know makes $200/hr that screws everything up just when you least need him to consistently. He's paid like he should be doing the exact opposite. It is what it is. His time is definitely drawing to a close it seems.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
and what situation is that? How do fanboys or nonfan boys in your case Impact the dallas cowboys? You are no more than an internet troll who had a good week. You or I have 0 impact on the dallas cowboys and all your yammering dont change that all it does is help divide fan site

or by yall you mean the cowboys FO
Cowboys FO.

I’ve said for years Dak sucks, Moore isn’t the problem, and McCarthy does nothing for us.

Zordon

Reaction score
But what I've heard from other good media people like David Moore is that part of the problem before was that Dak was too comfy, too buddy-buddy with Kellen going back to when Kellen was a player, and Dak wasn't being coached hard enough because of it.
It's not mutually exclusive imo. This statement is true and I think it's true MM was not the right man to take over play calling.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's not mutually exclusive imo. This statement is true and I think it's true MM was not the right man to take over play calling.
It's too early to say that after five games, a couple with a very banged up OL.

Unless of course Dak is resistant to the change, is pouty about it, and knows the coach will be the scapegoat if he tanks.

But what's the alternative to that? Letting Dak dictate the entire structure of the offense forever? Screw that. He hasn't earned that right no matter what Jerry thinks.