Cavs vs Magic

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Nav22;2787816 said:
I'm sorry if you're such a Mavs homer that you think Dirk even belongs in the same stratosphere as a LeBron James.

No, it looks like the Cavs will lose this series, but it's not because LeBron is shooting the ball terribly or because he's a complete no-show (like Dirk was in the 2 years in which the Mavs' championship window was open). LeBron has been magnificent, but the rest of his team is playing like garbage.

A Cleveland win tonight completely changes the series, and completely changes their title hopes. But I don't think they can win in Orlando, despite Mo's guarantee.

Magic win tonight and take it in 6. LeBron spends the entire summer rueing the day they traded for Mo Williams.
I've never said that Dirk belongs with LeBron. It's just that there are a number of guys who disprove your theory, and prove mine, and LeBron is one of em.

And LOL at Dirk being a "complete no show." You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. On the list of active players with the most 30+ point playoff games since LeBron got in the league, Dirk is 3rd. Behind Kobe and LeBron.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2788016 said:
Looking forward to a good game tonight!

I know!! King James is officially pissed and will be looking for blood. They just woke up the sleeping giant. Goodnight Magic.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2788025 said:
I know!! King James is officially pissed and will be looking for blood. They just woke up the sleeping giant. Goodnight Magic.

:laugh2: You're amusing, I'll give you that!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
the cavs are most likely screwed cause Mo Williams has guaranteed that the Cavs will win the series.

Letemburn

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2787946 said:
Sooooo...this is your 2nd time posting this. Are you waiting for more people to aknowledge it or what? It's acting a bit desperate on your part and well played out by now..Turkaglu is coming in reckless and has no idea what he's doing.

Cavs fans...:laugh2:

2nd time posting it because first time it was posted in the Fanzone, this is a sports zone, the correct place. Why continue to ruin a thread about Miles Austin with basketball talk? Id understand if it was twice in the same forums. Everyone knows Varaflop flops with the best of them, go back and watch any of his games. For whoever thinks the Magic are being treated fairly by the refs is a clear Cavs homer. Lebron is easily best player in the league, he has surpassed Kobe on so many levels this year, but last time i checked the game is played 5 on 5, the Cavs do not match up with the Magic and all the Cavs homers will be shown that. This is not the only series where the calls have been horrible though, take a look at the Lakers and Nuggets also, officiating is horrible.

Please tell me why all the Magic players arent getting the calls when Lebron knocks them on their back with clearly way more forearm then what Turkuglu used there? Gotta be blind to think the calls have been fair this series, hell even LeSPN has pointed out the way the calls are going and they are on Lebrons nuts like white on rice.

Nav22

Reaction score
And LOL at Dirk being a "complete no show." You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. On the list of active players with the most 30+ point playoff games since LeBron got in the league, Dirk is 3rd. Behind Kobe and LeBron.
I know exactly what I'm talking about, and your reading comprehension sucks.

In the 2 seasons in which Dallas had a wide open championship window, Dirk choked. It happened in the Finals when he shot 38.7% in Games 3-6, and it happened the following year vs. the Warriors.

I'm sorry that you're still unable to come to terms with that reality, 3+ years later.
Keep telling yourself that. You might even convince yourself that it's true.

Magic in 6, Lakers in 7.

Letemburn

Reaction score
Nav22;2788063 said:

In the 2 seasons in which Dallas had a wide open championship window, Dirk choked. It happened in the Finals when he shot 38.7% in Games 3-6, and it happened the following year vs. the Warriors.

I'm sorry that you're still unable to come to terms with that reality, 3+ years later.Keep telling yourself that. You might even convince yourself that it's true.

Magic in 6, Lakers in 7.

Great prediction :bow:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Nav22;2788063 said:
Really? Do tell, genius.

I'm sorry that you're still unable to come to terms with that reality, 3+ years later.Keep telling yourself that. You might even convince yourself that it's true.
I've already explained that crap to you. Unfortunately you are trying to convince yourself he choked, cause you're a hater. I'm sorry that you're still unable to come to terms with that reality.

You haven't refuted it. You only point to a handful of bad games out of dozens, as if that's the end all be all. And you remain clutched to this ridiculous assertion that one person can carry any team to a title if they're good enough. It's just not possible. Sorry. One of LeBron or Kobe isn't gonna be able to do it this year, hell maybe both of em won't.

Nav22

Reaction score
And you remain clutched to this ridiculous assertion that one person can carry any team to a title if they're good enough.
Wrong.

I've said that a team needs a better #1 player than a Dirk Nowitzki to win a title. But I've never said 1 player can do it on his own.

Nice job putting words in my mouth, though.

Look at the #1 options on title teams since '88 and find one that plays worse defense than Dirk Nowitzki. Can't do it.

And that reality is only irrelevant to a homer like yourself.
Unfortunately you are trying to convince yourself he choked, cause you're a hater.
Only the blindest of the blind homers would deny that him and the Mavs choked vs. the Heat and vs. the Warriors.

He was the butt of every NBA joke after receiving his MVP trophy, after his historic choke vs. the Warriors.
You only point to a handful of bad games out of dozens, as if that's the end all be all.
Hahah... so you admit that they were "bad games"... it seems you only have an issue with the term "choke". Interesting.

Okay, how's this... he didn't choke, he only had 4 bad games in 4 straight losses in the Finals, and he had 2 horrendous games in the Mavs' historic defeat to the 8th seeded Warriors the very next season.

So he had a handful of "bad games" at the most inopportune times, over the span of 2 consecutive playoff series', which happened to be during the brief stretch in which the Mavs had FINALLY unseated the Spurs as the best team in the West.

...but he didn't choke.

Better?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2788175 said:
Expect this tonight...

[youtube]tyd4NPvzKQg[/youtube]
the Magic aren't the bucks
kmp77;2788228 said:
Wow, what a pass!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah Dwight even saw it coming but couldn't do anything about it.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2788232 said:
the Magic aren't the bucks

yeah Dwight even saw it coming but couldn't do anything about it.

LOL I don't care who the team is..those shots are video gameesque and unstoppable.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I like this lineup of Lebron,Wallace,Wally,Gibson and Delonte..get some shooters out there!! so far so good with this lineup.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Nav22;2788137 said:
Wrong.

I've said that a team needs a better #1 player than a Dirk Nowitzki to win a title. But I've never said 1 player can do it on his own.

Nice job putting words in my mouth, though.
I haven't put any words in your mouth. You are being myopic. You act as if the #1 player is all that matters. There was no one on Detroit's team who was better than Dirk is and they won the title. So no, you don't have to have a #1 better than Dirk to win a title. Considering he almost won a title as a #1, and there are two teams in the playoffs now who don't have a better #1, and there have been teams in the past who have won titles who didn't have a better #1, then you're wrong. The importance lies with who the supporting cast is.

Look at the #1 options on title teams since '88 and find one that plays worse defense than Dirk Nowitzki. Can't do it.
I can find a lot who aren't as good on offense. And what is a #1 option?? It's #1 offensive option right...?

Defense in the NBA is a team concept. I don't know how you can't see that. How many of those #1 options on title teams were the best defenders on their teams? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

And that reality is only irrelevant to a homer like yourself.Only the blindest of the blind homers would deny that him and the Mavs choked vs. the Heat and vs. the Warriors.
A choke implies that the win was a sure thing. It never was against the Heat or the Warriors. The Warriors had won the season series against the Mavs, and the series against the Heat was in the Finals. Nothing's a sure thing in the Finals.

He was the butt of every NBA joke after receiving his MVP trophy, after his historic choke vs. the Warriors.Hahah... so you admit that they were "bad games"... it seems you only have an issue with the term "choke". Interesting.
Bad games do not = chokes. Sorry.

Okay, how's this... he didn't choke, he only had 4 bad games in 4 straight losses in the Finals, and he had 2 horrendous games in the Mavs' historic defeat to the 8th seeded Warriors the very next season.
Like I said a choke implies a win is a given... that wasn't the case. All the Mavs had done in the first two games vs. the Heat was hold home court.

And he didn't have 4 bad games. You assume he did because they lost. Like others have said, you have a revisionist memory influenced by your hate. In Game 3, he had 30 points and 7 rebounds. Yet he missed a last second free throw, and you scream choke. In Game 5 he had 20 points on just under 50% shooting and 8 rebounds. In Game 6, he had 29 points and 15 rebounds.

And you know the facts of the Warriors series, because I've told them to you before. He was double and triple teamed all series. No one else stepped up. If the roles players don't make the defense pay for that, there's nothing any #1 can do.

So he had a handful of "bad games" at the most inopportune times, over the span of 2 consecutive playoff series', which happened to be during the brief stretch in which the Mavs had FINALLY unseated the Spurs as the best team in the West.

...but he didn't choke.

Better?
If he didn't have the good games, then they're never in the situation in the first place. If he had scored 40+ in every game, he's still not guaranteed to win. It's about the rest of the team. You're seeing that in the series that this thread is about.

No he didn't choke. Only the short-sighted and myopic would think so.