CB Caleb Farley to have minor back surgery

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He scared me before this news. Now I’m definitely not taking him. Horn will be happy he just moved up a ton of teams boards.

And the Cowboys just had a second visit with him. My guess is that he and/or Surtain just became our 10th pick if we can't get a trade down and/or if Pitts is off the board.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
And the Cowboys just had a second visit with him. My guess is that he and/or Surtain just became our 10th pick if we can't get a trade down and/or if Pitts is off the board.
I think horn they are high on too with that second interview taking place. Seems they want a corner early and know that was the worst secondary put out in history

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think horn they are high on too with that second interview taking place. Seems they want a corner early and know that was the worst secondary put out in history

Agreed, I think the FO is finally serious about fixing our secondary and, hopefully, 1TDT. I think this is the draft where they finally do that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Because I think they will either trust in Hurts and take one of the blue chip WRs or they won't trust Hurts and make a move on a QB.
I think they are waiting to off fan favorite Ertz until they get a bit closer to, or maybe even after they draft the supposed best TE of all time in Pitts.

They loaded up on WR last year.

I personally hope they do it considering there is all of ONE top 10 TE to not bust in the history of the league.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This was my guy now i wouldnt touch him unless it was a trade down situation. Surtain isnt good. Not a single defender worthy of a top 10 pick this year gotta be kidding me

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm probably Farley's biggest advocate here. This is not good.

Not good at all. I still think he can be special but the back thing was supposedly a pinched nerve that was fixed in late 2019.

Now we're talking a herniated lumbar disc? I mean, he still ran a 4.2'ish 40 a month ago (doubting it is fine, but you know that he still ran fast as heck), but at his age, and with playing what I feel is the most athletically-demanding position in all of sports. No bueno.

A month before the draft? I'd have to see the medicals afterwards and maybe look at them a few times. Love his talent, but can't overlook the injury concern now.

timb2

Reaction score

Not good at all. I still think he can be special but the back thing was supposedly a pinched nerve that was fixed in late 2019.

Now we're talking a herniated lumbar disc? I mean, he still ran a 4.2'ish 40 a month ago (doubting it is fine, but you know that he still ran fast as heck), but at his age, and with playing what I feel is the most athletically-demanding position in all of sports. No bueno.

A month before the draft? I'd have to see the medicals afterwards and maybe look at them a few times. Love his talent, but can't overlook the injury concern now.
I'm thinking he sat out not over Covid but heal his back . Surprising to have back surgery 1 month before the draft . Yeah I think it drops him

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
This type of thing could have him slide to our 2nd round pick which would make me want to take anything else other than corner in round one unless Surtain is the only guy of good value at 10. I could do Pitts who probably doesn't make it to us at 10 or maybe even consider Rousseau at 10 but I love Barmore in a trade down. If you could land Farley in the second it would be awesome and if not Stokes in the 2nd is hardly a consolation prize.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Me and you both. Man i was farley or bust at 10 now i dont even know. His upside is crazy i still like him over surtain

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that sounds like a Jerry pick! He's got back issues at 21. Many teams will take him of their board. But Jerry doesn't like to pass on opportunities to look smart.

Last edited: