CB Daron Bland vs Kelvin Joseph

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think Joseph is in danger. He was very good on special teams last year, when he decided he didn't want to fight, that is. He hasn't had a bad camp, and didn't have a bad game against Denver other than giving up that difficult to defend TD catch. He definitely hasn't received rave reviews, though, while Bland is getting them right now.
disagree they won't give up on2nd round pick that quickly, injury riddled first season will be give at least through camp next year to show something..he wasn't that bad in last years games he appeared in and lets tap the brakes on Bland. This is very much like the over reactions to Hardy, Kamara, and wrights camp last seaons.where are they again?

blueblood70

Reaction score
He doesn't deserve it though. And hill stayed on because our dts weren't that good. The corners on this team are better than Joseph so why should he get to stay?
so far in camp lmao

Joseph will

NOT BE CUT (my 3" headlines)

this year.

stop overreacting camp standouts they seldom live up to the hype last year Kamara and hardy and wight was picking off everyone at practice etc..

lets watch the last 3 PS games ..

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
  • Only two games where he [Joseph] had significant playing time- both blowouts-
    • Vs. WFT in a 56-14 blowout win- had 57 snaps- 0 picks, 3 combined tackles, 1 pass defended.
    • Vs. Phi in a 51-26 blowout- had 7 tackles (good) 0 picks, 0 passes defended
I get what you’re saying… every time that Joseph starts, Dallas wins in a blowout!

fivetwos

Reaction score
He doesn't deserve it though. And hill stayed on because our dts weren't that good. The corners on this team are better than Joseph so why should he get to stay?
I'm guessing as much as you are overall, but if the incident off the field was a factor, he'd have been gone already, so it isn't.

I just don't see this FO giving up on such a high pick so soon, and I'm not sure we are getting the true scoop. Just because he isnt having a GREAT camp doesn't mean he is stinking up the joint and should be cut.

Remember last year Wright had a great camp, and that was that for the season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not really. Joseph had several nice plays and one (or two) bad ones. Wright was targeted more and failed much more.

Not saying either of them played great, but if we're judging Joseph primarily on the TD throw, I don't think we're being fair to him.
They both stunk.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I've been hearing several raving reviews and two thumbs up with 5th round draftee
rookie CB Daron Bland, whose put together solid camp practices and a solid preseason game.
Every since camp opened, I'm hearing Bland is still putting up a show in camp
and Cowboys have been quite impressed with him..

- But with former 2nd round pick Kelvin Joseph, i've not heard near as much raves and praises with his
camp practices, and he had a mixed Denver game to add to that.

- And hearing comments from Bobby Belt from 105.3 the fan radio, he posed a question if Joseph could
actually be in danger of being cut at 53 roster finale.

- Also keep in mind that Joseph still may not be out of the water with Goodell and NFL conduct policy
that could result in facing suspension.

- i would have expected the 2nd year Joseph as should've been receiving the great reviews, but
it's actually been 5th rd pick Bland instead.

- As a 2nd rd. pick, i would think the Cowboys would expect Joseph to seize that 2nd CB role opposite
Diggs, but at this early point, it doesn't look like the case.
This is going to be a very interesting case of high draft pick vs. low round upstart. If Bland balls out more Jospeh may have a short career in Dallas.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If we are only factoring in talent, Joseph is too good to cut.

He has always been a head case (I remember some anonymous scout calling him "the worst interview I've had in 20 years"), and riding shotgun in a drive-by SUV isn't a positive move for any career. If Joseph is cut, those are what did it. But just on his December games last season, he deserves a second season and probably a 3rd. He looked like a legit starting level boundary corner, and those guys don't grow on trees.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Gimme Joseph. He's got that killer instinct that Bland doesn't have

LOL, i see what you did there...:muttley:. yep, that's what gotten him in trouble. Bland already has shown better football instincts and awareness than Joseph has displayed. No way the Cowboys jeopardize losing Bland.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
disagree they won't give up on2nd round pick that quickly, injury riddled first season will be give at least through camp next year to show something..he wasn't that bad in last years games he appeared in and lets tap the brakes on Bland. This is very much like the over reactions to Hardy, Kamara, and wrights camp last seaons.where are they again?

Not sure what you disagree with. I don't expect them to give up on Joseph. I also don't see any reason to coronate Bland. I can recognize, though, that he is receiving a lot of praise while Joseph is not.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you can't beat my little gangster or he will have his "posse" take you out. look out, Bland.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure what you disagree with. I don't expect them to give up on Joseph. I also don't see any reason to coronate Bland. I can recognize, though, that he is receiving a lot of praise while Joseph is not.
last night kj played better of the bunch.

coult44

Reaction score
I've been hearing several raving reviews and two thumbs up with 5th round draftee
rookie CB Daron Bland, whose put together solid camp practices and a solid preseason game.
Every since camp opened, I'm hearing Bland is still putting up a show in camp
and Cowboys have been quite impressed with him..

- But with former 2nd round pick Kelvin Joseph, i've not heard near as much raves and praises with his
camp practices, and he had a mixed Denver game to add to that.

- And hearing comments from Bobby Belt from 105.3 the fan radio, he posed a question if Joseph could
actually be in danger of being cut at 53 roster finale.

- Also keep in mind that Joseph still may not be out of the water with Goodell and NFL conduct policy
that could result in facing suspension.

- i would have expected the 2nd year Joseph as should've been receiving the great reviews, but
it's actually been 5th rd pick Bland instead.

- As a 2nd rd. pick, i would think the Cowboys would expect Joseph to seize that 2nd CB role opposite
Diggs, but at this early point, it doesn't look like the case.

Based on the secons round number, he might get to keep his job one more year, but don’t expect him and Nashon to both make the team. One of them will be gone

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if bland beats him, expect somebody to get shot. Anytime mumbles get beat, his "posse" has to shoot somebody.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Wright is the one that should be cut. He’s been the worst player on defense two weeks in a row.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I get why the Cowboys selected Joseph. The talent is evident. But ther were enough concerns about the player that made him a risk. I don’t buy that this kid loves the game. I hope I’m wrong but I expect very little from the player. They will stick with him for the time being.