Video: CB Daron Bland's closing speed vs Bears

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If you look at that video, almost all the plays he made was with him facing the LOS.

Ironically, the play vs the Bears is why I thought he could be a great ball hawking safety with that make up speed and ability to track the ball in the air. Along with him being a sure tackler.

Facing LOS is not indicator of zone or man. Like I said off man can be disguised to look like zone and vice versa.

And there were many plays in that 1 vid of 1 preseason game I posted showing Bland in man coverage.

exciter

Reaction score
I wonder what is Kelvin Joseph's excuse? He's had 2 years!!!
:facepalm:
Lol, hmmm… lack of actual experience maybe!!! Just common sense that he was going to need quite a bit of development considering the small number of games he actually played in college. Epitome of a boom or bust type player that you’re compelled to take a chance with, considering the skillset and upside. If you have a childish need for instant gratification coaching professional football probably isn’t the profession you want to pursue!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol, hmmm… lack of actual experience maybe!!! Just common sense that he was going to need quite a bit of development considering the small number of games he actually played in college. Epitome of a boom or bust type player that you’re compelled to take a chance with, considering the skillset and upside. If you have a childish need for instant gratification coaching professional football probably isn’t the profession you want to pursue!
So, you make excuses for players you like, but no excuses for players you don't like??? Stick to spider collections instead of giving football advice!

Zman5

Reaction score
Facing LOS is not indicator of zone or man. Like I said off man can be disguised to look like zone and vice versa.

And there were many plays in that 1 vid of 1 preseason game I posted showing Bland in man coverage.

I know facing LOs is not a indicator of zone or man. What I'm saying is he doesn't play as well with his back turned to the QB as he does when facing the QB. Typically you are in that position playing man than zone. And if you look at the video, most of the plays were him facing the LOS.

Reactions: BAT

exciter

Reaction score
So, you make excuses for players you like, but no excuses for players you don't like??? Stick to spider collections instead of giving football advice!
Like? I think he’s a moron. Doesn’t negate what I said. He was a boom or bust player with a skillset that compelled them to take him. If he doesn’t get his head on right quick his time in the NFL is going to be fleeting and nobody else’s fault but his! Oh, and my spider collection only totals about 80 animals currently, leaving me plenty of time to comment here on occasion!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Like? I think he’s a moron. Doesn’t negate what I said. He was a boom or bust player with a skillset that compelled them to take him. If he doesn’t get his head on right quick his time in the NFL is going to be fleeting and nobody else’s fault but his! Oh, and my spider collection only totals about 80 animals currently, leaving me plenty of time to comment here on occasion!
Wow, nice! Care to share what your pet animal list consists of?

Scotman

Reaction score
Wright is still an interesting player.

His issues have not been the typical issues of many CBs. I would describe it as timing. He is normally in position to make plays but his timing at the point of ball arrival has been consistently off by about 1 step or 1 tick of the clock.

He wouldn't be a fit in some defensive scheme; however, Diggs and Richard Sherman wouldn't have been a fit in all schemes. Dan Quinn values size, technique, ball skills and scheme awareness.

Wright just needs to improve his technique with regards to timing/spacing. He seems to have the other requirements of a Dan Quinn type CB.
I guess I had unknowingly written him off. This is a great take. I appreciate the answers!

exciter

Reaction score
Wow, nice! Care to share what your pet animal list consists of?
Oh crap, 3 Brachypelma emilia… one pictured, 2 B hamorii, 2 B smithi, B boehmei, B klaasi, 2 Acanthoscurria geniculata, 3 Aphonopelma seemanni, Aphonopelma chalcodes, A hentzi, A marxi, 3 Grammostola pulchra, G pulchripes, G actaeon, 2 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Nhandu tripepii, N chromatus, N coloratovillosus, 2 Psalmopoeus pulcher, 2 P victori, P cambridgei, 2 Dolichothele diamantinenses, 2 Pamphobeteus sp Mascara, 2 P sp Cascada, P sp Machala, Cyriopagopus lividus, C minax, C sp Bach Ma, C sp hati hati, Monocentropus balfouri, Phlogius sp Eunice, Lasiodora parahybana, L klugi, Lasiodorides striatus, L polycuspulatus, Tliltocatl albopilosus, T vagans, T verdezi, T kahlenberghi, 2 Calisoga sp San Jose, Poecilotheria rufilata… that’s all I can think of off the top of my head!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh crap, 3 Brachypelma emilia… one pictured, 2 B hamorii, 2 B smithi, B boehmei, B klaasi, 2 Acanthoscurria geniculata, 3 Aphonopelma seemanni, Aphonopelma chalcodes, A hentzi, A marxi, 3 Grammostola pulchra, G pulchripes, G actaeon, 2 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Nhandu tripepii, N chromatus, N coloratovillosus, 2 Psalmopoeus pulcher, 2 P victori, P cambridgei, 2 Dolichothele diamantinenses, 2 Pamphobeteus sp Mascara, 2 P sp Cascada, P sp Machala, Cyriopagopus lividus, C minax, C sp Bach Ma, C sp hati hati, Monocentropus balfouri, Phlogius sp Eunice, Lasiodora parahybana, L klugi, Lasiodorides striatus, L polycuspulatus, Tliltocatl albopilosus, T vagans, T verdezi, T kahlenberghi, 2 Calisoga sp San Jose, Poecilotheria rufilata… that’s all I can think of off the top of my head!
Wow!!! All they all arachnids?