RELEASED CB Patmon Released

50cent

Reaction score
Incorrect, I do not dislike you, I just think you failed to properly read what my comment was responding to and assumed it was just simply about Callahan and then made it personal once you realized what you did wrong, then went in denial mode.

Everyone is responsible for understanding and reading a post thoroughly before arguing against a comment.

You can not engage in argumentation if you do not understand the other persons meaning, you get meaning by context.

That is like reading through a Scripture text, lifting a quote out of context and assuming the meaning without reference to the actual contextual meaning.

Words get their meaning from the company they keep, context and a close read is necessary or the pie is rightfully on your face because you failed to be precise in interpretation.

Everything was on my post #176, the quote and my comment.

Further, I continued to provide the quote I was making the comment to, so there is no excuse for missing it at that point.

Here are your initial follow up posts to my comment back to back:

post #177

"It wasn't all just Callahan leaving it was the OL having it's ego stroked with many comparing it to the Great Wall of Dallas and that any back could run behind them." This is not understanding my comment because you did not read the quote I was responding to in post #176.

I respond by quoting what I was replying to show you context, here is your reply:

post #178

"You're pinning the entire OL struggles on the loss of Callahan?" This is making a straw man argument based on a comment you took out of context nothing in my reply would infer I was arguing this at all.

And again in #180:

"You don't have an answer didn't think so." This is provoking by the way and being disrespectful.

I reply to you providing you with the context of my comment because you failed to read it and you simply ignore it and continue with the same argument, as if I really was making this argument.

The response you got after being disrespectful in my follow up should be expected, I was not arguing what you assumed and you started the disrespect in post #180.

Everything from that point on is you saying that you are not responsible for reading the entire #176 post, only my comment which is absurd.

You were basically arguing with yourself until you made it personal at post #180.

This thread is about Patmon, I have spent way too much time arguing with someone who misunderstood what my comment meant by ignoring the context and quote.

Patmon or nothing.

Boss stop! You're wasting your time. Everyone, including him understands what you did and what your response was referring to. Some folk can't admit being wrong. It's been a long year, don't waste it on this!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Boss stop! You're wasting your time. Everyone, including him understands what you did and what your response was referring to. Some folk can't admit being wrong. It's been a long year, don't waste it on this!

That is like me just reading your comment "Boss Stop" and ignoring the entire meaning of your post and attacking you with an argument that you are telling me what to do and how it is not my responsibility to read the entire post.

I agree with you completely, not my first rodeo with this poster, same approach.

This year has been exhausting just like these exchanges, let us hope better things are coming this off season!

rynochop

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, he knows exactly what you were talking about once you explained it, he just won't admit it, he's probably embarrassed and has to push the issue.
This wasn't as bad as the back and forth over jay freaking cutler in the in game day thread, geez I bet he's a blast at parties

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. Everybody be nice and not naughty, ok? And by that I mean, try to stay on topic, ok?

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of standards you have for a CB, but Moore got beat far too often. There's a reason we didn't bring him back.

You must not have been here for the Jacques Reeves or Alan Ball days. Those guys got beat consistently. Patmon got beat maybe once a game (other than vs Atlanta), and Moore maybe once or twice. For 3rd string cbs thats solid

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You must not have been here for the Jacques Reeves or Alan Ball days. Those guys got beat consistently. Patmon got beat maybe once a game (other than vs Atlanta), and Moore maybe once or twice. For 3rd string cbs thats solid

Moore was being beat on a consistent basis. He is simply not a good starting CB in this league, good depth? Sure, but not a good starter. If he was rarely beat, he's worth more than just a one year cheap deal.

He wasn't brought back and for good reason. Patmon was cut and for good reason. You are making these two sound like shutdown corners.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Moore was being beat on a consistent basis. He is simply not a good starting CB in this league, good depth? Sure, but not a good starter. If he was rarely beat, he's worth more than just a one year cheap deal.

He wasn't brought back and for good reason. Patmon was cut and for good reason. You are making these two sound like shutdown corners.

No, I called them solid third cb's. No, they weren't always taking the best wide receivers, but they weren't constantly getting beat by the other teams depth receivers, which happened A LOT during the wade Phillips days

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jan or Marsha?

Please not another Brady Bunch reference. I lost all respect for that show during the episode where they showed Bobby Brady mowing the families astroturf lawn. They even showed Alice watering it.