RELEASED CB Patmon Released

J_Allen

Reaction score
He's always jawing, even if the Cowboys are getting embarrassed.. He's mentally an idiot... Must be surrounded by a bunch of scrubs who constantly feed his ego..

He should have been benched a few quarters after he screamed at Rich Dalrymple. There is 0 accountability with him.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
They cant because he has a date with Brady for February.

lol. Okay Tony ..okay.

But Ive been drinking eggnog non stop for 24 hours now and I dont plan on stopping until chirstmas is over....

So, Im thinking we win this thing. I am thinking were going to win the East. Were going to beat Seattle in the WC. Then Romo will be back to beat the Cards, then the Panthers and Terrific Tom better watch out!!!!

Its going down. The greatest turn around in NFL history, maybe sports history.....one for the ages.....................You heard it here first!

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Yeah but it's a lot more fun and easier for people to bash on Dez.

Everyone knows Cassel sucks so they'd rather bash Dez now. It's really nothing more than people who didn't really like him to begin with now getting some reasons to come out and bash on him.

You could see this coming from a mile away. All we're missing is Romo to Austin coming back in here and talking about how he said all along that Dez shouldn't have been drafted to complete this circle.

Well, I could see your point.

But then I visualize the ball hitting Dez right in the chest or right in his hands, and think to myself. Yeah, thats Dezs fault. Not the QB or coaching or the big bad media coming after him.

The Football hit him in the hands. Right in the chest. And he droppped it. repeatedly. In some important siutations.

so.....theres that.

Doomsay

Reaction score
From Sturm:

Source: CB Tyler Patmon cut because not physical enough as nickel corner. Club intends to call up Terrance Mitchell from practice squad.

— David Moore (@DavidMooreDMN) December 15, 2015 He was never going to be a physical corner, but he seemed to battle his tail off. They appeared to try to blitz him more in the last few weeks, but it doesn't look natural for him.

I watched every Patmon snap in the GB game last night. He slipped once in kick coverage and had one holding penalty.
I thought that he did fairly well dealing with Cobb overall, but as a blitzer, he leaves a lot to to be desired. He also got blown out of most running plays in his direction, but as Sturm points out, physicality was never going to be his (or Corey White's) strength. Didn't seem like Patmon was the problem on Sunday - just somebody easy to cut.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well, I could see your point.

But then I visualize the ball hitting Dez right in the chest or right in his hands, and think to myself. Yeah, thats Dezs fault. Not the QB or coaching or the big bad media coming after him.

The Football hit him in the hands. Right in the chest. And he droppped it. repeatedly. In some important siutations.

so.....theres that.

Yep. Dez had a terrible game.

I'm not denying that.

But it doesn't go beyond that for me. With some around here it's a sounding board to act as if the guy is terrible and all sorts of other nonsense.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Yep. Dez had a terrible game.

I'm not denying that.

But it doesn't go beyond that for me. With some around here it's a sounding board to act as if the guy is terrible and all sorts of other nonsense.

Yeah. Ive been on the fence with Dez until this last game. All the stuff that surrounds him, ive turned the other way. Just like everybody else does.....

But like it or not, Dez is perceived as a hot head, self involved, egotistical , etc etc etc.....

My biggest problem with all that it is: If youre going to be vocal about when you think things arent being done the right way, and that you should get the ball more, and you run your mouth for all the cameras to see, and all your teammates and coaches to hear, in a dominating, over powering, "hissy fit" fashion.

Then your going to have to be Great. ANd whether its his fault or not, his doing or not. He hasnt been great at all this season. Not in the least. I dont care what the excuses are. You broke your foot? Cant be great with a broken foot.

perrykemp

Reaction score
He's Tampa Bays best corner and playing better than any corner on our team.

His last game in Dallas vs GB in the playoffs was his worst of his 2014 season. Other than that I thought he played pretty well.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Blimey! It was a message to Dez. One more clueless, effortless game like that Dez and we cut ANOTHER of your saggy pants pals!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Patmon got Dez all frustrated in training camp resulting in a fight between them. Rex Ryan should sign Patmon for when the Cowboys play Buffalo and stick him on Dez and have him to try and get in his head causing him to lose his focus like he has all season.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
It's like kindergarten in this place.
If that's what gets y'all through the misery of this season then by all means. This ain't no joke to me (bad grammar intended).

The usual suspects have all off season to post your jokes and rhetoric. I can recite them in my sleep:

Garrett is a figurehead
McClain is lazy
Sean Lee will be hurt getting off the bus
Witten is slow and old
Tony is washed up and needs replacing
Jerry is ruining this franchise
This online is overrated
This dline is overrated
DeMarco Murray made this online great
Dez needs to grow up
Give Hardy anything he wants

I think that about covers it.

Bill Callahan leaving ruined the O-Line.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bill Callahan leaving ruined the O-Line.

It wasn't all just Callahan leaving it was the OL having it's ego stroked with many comparing it to the Great Wall of Dallas and that any back could run behind them.