Twitter: CB/S Obi Melifonwu is visiting Cowboys

ghst187

Reaction score
With were we was before to get us to even being competitive are you kidding me. From the Campos and Gailey days to the PO and that roster before he got there could not beat my high school team.

Truth! BP took a Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick led team to a division title and playoff game.

We had zero talent when he got here. Not sure we might’ve won a title had he stayed long enough for Romo to develop or if Payton had been tagged as his heir.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, let's review the reasons why he left the places that he was a "short timer" at.

Oklahoma State - was the head coach there from 1979 until 1983. He left......for a better job. No one in his position would have stayed.
Miami - was the head coach there from 1984 until 1988. He left......for a more prestigious job. No one in his position would have stayed, especially with the contract he got.
Dallas - was the head coach there from 1989 until 1994. He left.....because the owner ultimately fired him.
Miami - was the head coach there from 1996 until 1999. He left.....because he burned out and didn't want to coach anymore.

He hasn't coached in the NFL since Miami. Aside from the Cowboy situation, which both sides bear some blame, can you point to a team that he left that was not for a good reason?

I think some of what you have written is incomplete, but even so, I didn't say he didn't have a reason to leave places - obviously he had his reasons, and he is entitled to his reasons whether anyone else agrees or not. I merely pointed out there is no evidence of what he would be capable of over time with a team, and that is true.

dallas72

Reaction score
Gruden trading all their young talent.....any 1st round picks in last 4 years...Carr is next