Twitter: CB/S Obi Melifonwu is visiting Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got no issues bringing him in.

But he appears to be a total dud. All athlete, no player.

But if Richard thinks he can resurrect him, I got no issues with him.

That's where my faith rests as well. I'll trust Richard to coach up his athletic traits. I like the thought of having Obi and Darian Thompson as young, developing options on the roster.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's like a byron clone. Combine warrior with **** instincts and can't play safety at the nfl level.

Well seems Jones is working out for us now, doesn't it?

I am not saying this guy is Jones. But the outrage over the Cowboys bringing him for a workout and let what is a pretty good DBs coach get a good look at him seems hilarious to me.

Again, what harm is there in letting Richard get an up close look at him?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hey anything might be better for Brown to be replaced with..Anthony Brown just isn't getting it done..

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Some guys just can't make it when the next level comes around. I bet the guy is ecstatic he is getting a second chance.

He's getting a work out the day after he went unclaimed lol. I'm sure there will be more than a 2nd chance given.

But no, that's not why he was cut.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He's only a good athlete if he can run in a straight line. There's a reason he didn't even test in the 3-cone or shuttle events.

Dude has horrible change of direction and 0 instincts. He's roster filler, at best, because there is no upside. Maybe he can be a gunner or something.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well seems Jones is working out for us now, doesn't it?

I am not saying this guy is Jones. But the outrage over the Cowboys bringing him for a workout and let what is a pretty good DBs coach get a good look at him seems hilarious to me.

Again, what harm is there in letting Richard get an up close look at him?
Byron sucked at safety compared to his play at corner. This kid can't play corner and can't play safety. but he runs fast and jumps high.

Carson

Reaction score
He's only a good athlete if he can run in a straight line. There's a reason he didn't even test in the 3-cone or shuttle events.

Dude has horrible change of direction and 0 instincts. He's roster filler, at best, because there is no upside. Maybe he can be a gunner or something.

That’s likely what he would be.

Goodwin was a gunner and now on the IR

Sydla

Reaction score
Byron sucked at safety compared to his play at corner. This kid can't play corner and can't play safety. but he runs fast and jumps high.

Great.

What's the harm in bringing him in and letting Richard look at him and make an assessment?

John813

Reaction score
Great.

What's the harm in bringing him in and letting Richard look at him and make an assessment?

Bingo.
He's free to acquire. Not like we are debating sending a pick the Raiders way to acquire him.

It's week 8, zero downside to this type of signing. At worst he's cut in a few weeks. At best Richard can get something out of his freakish size/speed.