Twitter: CB/S Obi Melifonwu is visiting Cowboys

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is just looking for depth after C.J. Goodwin was lost for the season, and there is no reason to believe at this point this is more than kicking the tires. I assume there are others the team is considering to fill a bottom role on the depth chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

Sydla

Reaction score
Bingo.
He's free to acquire. Not like we are debating sending a pick the Raiders way to acquire him.

It's week 8, zero downside to this type of signing. At worst he's cut in a few weeks. At best Richard can get something out of his freakish size/speed.

Exactly. He's probably a dud so the Cowboys let him walk. Or maybe Richard says, you know what, I might be able to get something out of him and they add him to the practice squad.

I don't really see the harm here and complaining about this just seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So was Jones until Richard coached him up! Maybe he can help this kid too.

Yeah I agree with Runwild on this but I also think if anyone can get something out of him it would be Richard. We'll see.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have not read anything on him. Why did he get released?

- Gruden is purging the roster
- He's been injured
- He's largely shown in Oakland that he's just a raw athlete and not a really good football player

davidariust24

Reaction score
If anyone can bring out the best in this kid it's coach Richard. This guy is a freak like Jones. If coach Richard can raise this kids game IQ he would be a steal. My question is has he ever played receiver? He has the elite measurables to be a great receiver. He has the measurables to be an elite anything really

jujoboys

Reaction score
- Gruden is purging the roster
- He's been injured
- He's largely shown in Oakland that he's just a raw athlete and not a really good football player

"not a really good football player" - Sounds like you are describing every safety that is currently on our roster. This is sad, but he might actually be able to compete with what we have on our roster. If nothing else, just look into signing him to the practice squad.

cowboyec

Reaction score
didn't Seattle show interest in him during the draft that year???...and Kris Richard was there.

Batman1980

Reaction score
"not a really good football player" - Sounds like you are describing every safety that is currently on our roster. This is sad, but he might actually be able to compete with what we have on our roster. If nothing else, just look into signing him to the practice squad.

Jeff Heath is good in a straight line, has a nose for the football and hits like a missile. Terrible as a center fielder, though.

Carson

Reaction score
If anyone can bring out the best in this kid it's coach Richard. This guy is a freak like Jones. If coach Richard can raise this kids game IQ he would be a steal. My question is has he ever played receiver? He has the elite measurables to be a great receiver. He has the measurables to be an elite anything really
This. If Richard likes him, I trust that.