Video: CBS: Cowboys make huge mistake drafting Micah Parsons

cowboygo

Reaction score
Look, the only other pick there would have been Slater. And if you pick him, you have to know you're picking for depth and future.

The guy talking on the right is being lazy. The Cowboys problem was pass rush and pass coverage? All he did was look at stats to determine that. Clearly. The Cowboys don't have a pass rush issue, they have a down and distance issue. They're rarely in 3rd and long because they can't stop the run. The pass coverage issue is over the top with Safeties letting guys run free.

Dallas has a safety, DT, and LB issue, not a corner or OL issue. Well they do, just not as bad as the former three. S, DT, and LB need immediate attention. Not an offensive lineman that sits waiting for Tyrone to get injured. Not a corner that has nothing to do with why our D is in 2nd and 3rd and short on just about every series.
Bingo

SMCowboy

Reaction score
This could be debated all day.

I'll leave it with saying that since the Giants are holding that pick, we will all be watching especially close.

I just don't see them as any good. Unless Rodgers goes down they aren't winning that division, and if the Vikings decide they want to play the Bears are buried.

What if the very immobile Dalton goes down? Fields isn't ready to step in and blow up the league.

Look, it's definitely a lottery ticket, but I see it as a good bet.

Hopefully Parsons play makes this very moot, and the Bears win 10 plus games.

Let's see.

Fields doesn't have to be able to blow up the league. He can be what I would expect him to be this year. A very talented QB, who makes plays, but also turns the ball over to much (what most rookie QB's are).

Chicago's D is one of the best in football, hands down. They just had a complete and total train wreck at QB recently. No matter who they got with, I don't see any way QB play could be WORSE than last year.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We added S/LB Neal and now Parsons, and we may not be done yet. I also think Jaylon and LVE will have bounce back years under Quinn, and Bernard and Gifford could also provide more. Suffice it to say I feel much better about out LBer group in 2021.

I do feel better, but I've been disappointed so many times before. Not an expectation, you understand, I have none of those....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You do know we added Urban along the DL this offseason right? That guy is a PLUS rated run defender (not great as a pass rusher).

IMO— with Jaylon’s softness, LVE’s injury history, and Lee’s retirement... LBer is a bigger need than DT. I hope we add a DT before round 5– but getting Parsons makes this D faster, more aggressive, and deeper.

Urban's a one year contract guy. He's been on 4 teams now in 8 years. He's a rotational player, period.

Like any new Dallas Cowboys player, I'll give him a chance to do good. But let's not act like he's some huge upgrade to the d-line...

Flamma

Reaction score
Fields doesn't have to be able to blow up the league. He can be what I would expect him to be this year. A very talented QB, who makes plays, but also turns the ball over to much (what most rookie QB's are).

Chicago's D is one of the best in football, hands down. They just had a complete and total train wreck at QB recently. No matter who they got with, I don't see any way QB play could be WORSE than last year.

Agree completely. Besides, Rodgers isn't Brady, there's no guarantees the Packers win the Division every year. Like in 2018 when Chicago went 12-4 with Trubiski. I wouldn't bet a dime on who wins that division this year. But yeah, Fields is probably going to have a rough time in his rookie year. But wow do their fans have to be excited about the possibilities.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They also made a huge mistake paying Dak as much as they did, so who they wasted a draft pick on should come as no surprise. Trading out of the top 10 was pretty dumb too, especially since it went to a division rival. To me it just proves Jerry's desire to be 'relevant' and 'interesting' rather than trying to build a championship roster.
Like I expected nothing else from you. LMAO

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Urban's a one year contract guy. He's been on 4 teams now in 8 years. He's a rotational player, period.

Like any new Dallas Cowboys player, I'll give him a chance to do good. But let's not act like he's some huge upgrade to the d-line...

He does one thing well: stone the run. Rotational or not— he helps us in an area we desperately needed help in along the DL.

My point is simple: we have added 3 players along the DL in FA. One (kind of) player added in FA for LBers (Neal and his role is not fully apparent yet)— and we just lost a LBer to retirement and Joe Thomas left in FA.

We needed a stud LBer. We got the best LB prospect in the draft. We can still add some quality players to improve other areas of the roster

Homer

Reaction score
Everyone likes to have their instant grades and thoughts on these draft picks.

But its way early to say huge mistake. After year 2 we'll have a good idea of whether this was a wasted pick or not.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a bunch of clowns.

The new DC has yet to call his first play, the first round pick has yet to line up but this was a huge mistake?

I really ignore these kinds of talking heads because they're ridiculous. That was like it was scripted and I don't know who those people are.

The more talking heads that get put up here, the more I like the fact I do not watch sports talk.

There are more people talking about football than playing it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What a bunch of clowns.

The new DC has yet to call his first play, the first round pick has yet to line up but this was a huge mistake?

I really ignore these kinds of talking heads because they're ridiculous. That was like it was scripted and I don't know who those people are.

The more talking heads that get put up here, the more I like the fact I do not watch sports talk.

There are more people talking about football than playing it.
Yep

And it’s these types events or situations which expose the trolls on this board.

Last night was a positive for the Cowboys. Our Football Idiots did well.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He does one thing well: stone the run. Rotational or not— he helps us in an area we desperately needed help in along the DL.

My point is simple: we have added 3 players along the DL in FA. One (kind of) player added in FA for LBers (Neal and his role is not fully apparent yet)— and we just lost a LBer to retirement and Joe Thomas left in FA.

We needed a stud LBer. We got the best LB prospect in the draft. We can still add some quality players to improve other areas of the roster

No doubt he can help, if I misunderstood your post as being very high on him, well I'm old, it happens...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Easy decision....they traded the pick to a division rival who took a Heisman winning WR in Devon Smith. Now they will have to face D. Smith twice a year. They could of traded back with the Bears and got next years #1 and still got a LB, CB, S, DT at #20. In.stead, they let another Division Rival make the trade

Bad move.....
The Giants were going to select Smith...so we'd face him twice a year anyways. Now we may have an elite linebacker that may help us in covering Smith...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I guarantee if you told Jerry and Co that you'd have your pick of Fields or Jones at 10 he wouldn't have jumped the gun and gave Dak a contract he did not deserve.
I am surprised no one brought it up yesterday in a thread. The Cowboys made a mistake by signing Dak long term when they could of drafted Fields or Jones:rolleyes::facepalm:. You Dak haters will never stop will you.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's time for LVE & Jaylon to fish or cut bait. I suspect these guys better move their feet or they may be looking for a new team next year. Take a look at the Parson's tape and look at some early
film of Lawrence Taylor and see if there's a resemblance to you guys.
Well sure, but you could say that for most players, most years. Things are so tenuous, there are a million variables, and the NFL is more year to year than ever before.

Personally, I prefer to keep it simple. When you’ve “hit bottom” for a number of reasons, some beyond your control, the odds to improve have nowhere to go but up. Change the DC, add a few decent players, odds favor improvement.

mmohican29

Reaction score
People still watch CBS outside of the actual sports broadcast?

Pete Prisco is one of the worst sports journalists of all time, and he's one of the biggest Cowboys haters there is.

Seriously: he's the equivalent of some blowhard in a bar that gets louder and louder to make his meager game knowledge seem relevant in every conversation.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am surprised no one brought it up yesterday in a thread. The Cowboys made a mistake by signing Dak long term when they could of drafted Fields or Jones:rolleyes::facepalm:. You Dak haters will never stop will you.
"Haters"= anybody that has a different opinion of a player then the one I have.

Weak sauce.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guarantee if you told Jerry and Co that you'd have your pick of Fields or Jones at 10 he wouldn't have jumped the gun and gave Dak a contract he did not deserve.

I guarantee you would be wrong. Jerry loves Dak. Jerry also knows that at his age he only has so many reset buttons at QB to hit. Neither Fields not Jones will be as good as Dak in 2021 and probably not 2022 unless Dak regresses. You're mad about Dak's contract.. So what? .. Take a number..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Agreed. All hands on deck to stop the run please. This draft pick looks like a thumper. And did I see right that he ran a 4.3 40.

It was a hand timed 4.36 but even if they are off by on tenth of a second 4.46 is still cookin for a LB.