Video: CBS: Cowboys make huge mistake drafting Micah Parsons

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think the problem with this team is the offense
We gave up nearly 30 points a game
I never said that. Why would you argue something I didn't say?

The O-line IS a concern of mine. I never said it was THE problem.

You, on the other hand...said it was of no concern to you.

I'm on record as wanting to draft MOSTLY defense...but NOT "projects". Studs. O-line? sure projects is fine.

I hope this clear it up for you.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I guarantee you would be wrong. Jerry loves Dak. Jerry also knows that at his age he only has so many reset buttons at QB to hit. Neither Fields not Jones will be as good as Dak in 2021 and probably not 2022 unless Dak regresses. You're mad about Dak's contract.. So what? .. Take a number..
Yeah, Jerry loved Romo too until Dak came along, so don't kid yourself.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not to mention his size. He is close to 250 isn’t he. That will cover a TE.

Yeah he's a pretty big fella.. I suspect his accolades as a cover guy are probably exaggerated some. Speed alone will not let you cover people whose job it is to get open. With his speed he was probably faster than 99% of the RBs and tight ends he was asked to cover in college. In the NFL he will run into guys who can actually run away from him AND who known how to run routes, push off at just the right moment etc. Because he has only played LB two years after being a DE in high school I expect there to be growing pains trying to learn the nuances of coverage in the pros. But the athletic ability and speed should allow him to cover up at least SOME of his rookie mistakes.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
That's hard to call. Jones or Fields will not have the offensive talent around them that Dak does, so we won't ever truly know how well Jones or Fields would've been in Dallas.

It's like Dak in 2016. What if he didn't have Zeke, Dez, Witten, and that O-line? How would Dak have been in a situation where he wasn't surrounded with talent? He may have never been the QB he is today.

If Jones or Fields perform better with less weapons, then by extrapolation we can easily determine the better choice. Especially when salary enters the equation.

conner01

Reaction score
I never said that. Why would you argue something I didn't say?

The O-line IS a concern of mine. I never said it was THE problem.

You, on the other hand...said it was of no concern to you.

I'm on record as wanting to draft MOSTLY defense...but NOT "projects". Studs. O-line? sure projects is fine.

I hope this clear it up for you.
I don’t see the top rated LB as a real project

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Best player on our board.

Both corners gone. Slater viewed as a LG only.

Easy decisions.
Exactly. Slater wasnt even going to be a tackle for us lol. Lets take a swing tackle at 12 that will really help us in 2021

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
A fair point but the results of our 1st round pick made my day, He's no choir boy but the best talent available, imho. Let's be glad. ;)

Hoping he is just immature; here's one player Sean Lee could advise if he was still in the locker room.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Easy decision....they traded the pick to a division rival who took a Heisman winning WR in Devon Smith. Now they will have to face D. Smith twice a year. They could of traded back with the Bears and got next years #1 and still got a LB, CB, S, DT at #20. In.stead, they let another Division Rival make the trade

Bad move.....
Is it confirmed bears offered us a trade?

20 is a lot different then 12. We got the consensus best defensive player in the draft compared to 2nd tier cb, a dt that nobody picked, or a safety that nobody picked.

We also picked up a 3rd.

If we didn't trade eagles then we would have just taken parsons with no extra 3rd while the giants then take Smith, either way hes in our division.

Ill take that 3rd and top tier talent.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah he's a pretty big fella.. I suspect his accolades as a cover guy are probably exaggerated some. Speed alone will not let you cover people whose job it is to get open. With his speed he was probably faster than 99% of the RBs and tight ends he was asked to cover in college. In the NFL he will run into guys who can actually run away from him AND who known how to run routes, push off at just the right moment etc. Because he has only played LB two years after being a DE in high school I expect there to be growing pains trying to learn the nuances of coverage in the pros. But the athletic ability and speed should allow him to cover up at least SOME of his rookie mistakes.
Yeah wondering if we end up lining him up and sending him on blitzes or maybe DE.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
For those bummed about Slater not chosen, Slater was not beating out Martin or Connor Williams.

starfan1

Reaction score
For those bummed about Slater not chosen, Slater was not beating out Martin or Connor Williams.

Im not bummed but I dont know that that is acurate. martin no but Conner Williams can be debated

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is that after day 1, we still have the worst CB position group in the NFL.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guarantee if you told Jerry and Co that you'd have your pick of Fields or Jones at 10 he wouldn't have jumped the gun and gave Dak a contract he did not deserve.

I thought about that too. Justin Fields would have looked good in a cowboy uniform for wayyyy less money. But, i'm more disappointed we passed on the blockbuster trade with Chicago. The Bears 1st rounder next year is going to be top 12 easy.

starfan1

Reaction score
Connor Williams won the job as a rookie and he has beaten out all the competition every year. :)

ok its not that serious a discussion but Im trying to think who actually he had to compete with. All he had to do is not be hurt. He has been the weak link on our line for 3 years

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t see the top rated LB as a real project
He was out for a year. And most "top prospects" have played in big games.

Of course I am no expert like everyone else. I'm just tired of picking up people that are either injured or havn't played. "Top prospect"...depends on the rest of the field. If THIS one is "top rated"...it can't be a very strong class.

Like I said...I'll cheer him on and hope for the best.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought about that too. Justin Fields would have looked good in a cowboy uniform for wayyyy less money. But, i'm more disappointed we passed on the blockbuster trade with Chicago. The Bears 1st rounder next year is going to be top 12 easy.

You can mark my words. Fields will get injured. He is also dealing with another medical condition.

conner01

Reaction score
He was out for a year. And most "top prospects" have played in big games.

Of course I am no expert like everyone else. I'm just tired of picking up people that are either injured or havn't played. "Top prospect"...depends on the rest of the field. If THIS one is "top rated"...it can't be a very strong class.

Like I said...I'll cheer him on and hope for the best.
So by you thinking a big chunk of the first round would be off the board
Including guys like Sewell