Video: CBS: Cowboys make huge mistake drafting Micah Parsons

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
After the 2 CBS got poached in front of us....there had to be some panic....situation could have turned out way worse. As long as he doesn't get suspended...I Think we got a player. Question now is.....what about corner?

Couple of good ones left, only 11 more picks in front of us....

CoachD

Reaction score
Parsons is a great pick the Cowboys did very well by trading back (said they would but I thought it would have been with NE) and picking a guy they could have had at ten plus getting an extra pick in the 3rd round well done guys!

fivetwos

Reaction score
That was the one thing we did right.

I just wish we could’ve got that Bears deal.
Ok....found it!!

Was looking for your take on this. I'm about livid.

For all of your wishing for big draft capital....to the point of wanting to lose in the short term for long term gain.....I would think you'd agree.

People trying to say it wasn't offered irritates me even more.

Did Chicago decide it wanted Fields between picks 10 and 11? No. They made the call to Dallas and were turned down.

If it were an offer from a top team, I may have said no as well....but we are talking very good chance it's top 10, outside shot for top 5.....but we HAD to have that replacement for a past mistake.

Grrrrr....

Big_D

Reaction score
Ok....found it!!

Was looking for your take on this. I'm about livid.

For all of your wishing for big draft capital....to the point of wanting to lose in the short term for long term gain.....I would think you'd agree.

People trying to say it wasn't offered irritates me even more.

Did Chicago decide it wanted Fields between picks 10 and 11? No. They made the call to Dallas and were turned down.

If it were an offer from a top team, I may have said no as well....but we are talking very good chance it's top 10, outside shot for top 5.....but we HAD to have that replacement for a past mistake.

Grrrrr....

Every trade made isn't available to every team. You don't know who wants to deal with who or how they communicate on these things. Bears were probably more inclined to see if the Giants would bite since it's not out of the realm of possibilities for them to go QB with two still on the board. You already knew the Cowboys weren't going QB.

btcutter

Reaction score
Not a fan of Parsons at all, the best part of this selection is that Dallas got the 84th pick from Philly.. Slater would have been a better pick
Slater would be the safer pick. Parson is a riskier but the right pick for this team, IMO. The team needs an impact player defensive player and Parson was the best one on the board. Remember we were 31 in D last year!

this draft is much deeper at OL and we can pick one in round 3 or 4 but impact defenders are hard to come by. You can see the run on D in the 1st round even though this is a fairly weak class at the top. Only other defender I would want is Jaelen Philips but he’s got some significant medical red flags.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Easy decision....they traded the pick to a division rival who took a Heisman winning WR in Devon Smith. Now they will have to face D. Smith twice a year. They could of traded back with the Bears and got next years #1 and still got a LB, CB, S, DT at #20. In.stead, they let another Division Rival make the trade

Bad move.....
Honestly they were gonna have to face him twice a year anyways. Shoulda made the trade with the bears.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
A heck of a one year
Parsons is a stud that can help the defense
Another guard is not gonna make this team a playoff team
Fix the defense and you fix the team
The offense is fine

Be careful of one year wonders...... yeah heard that stud stuff all before about first and second round LB, Lee(good player, couldn't stay healthy), Carter, Smith, LVE. Modern NFL with so many Nickel and dime packages, Linebacker isn't a top priority as it once was...Tyron Smith can't stay healthy anymore, and you have a chance to select another Zack Martin All PRO stud who is an every down plug and play player over a rush end linebacker, with plenty of off field, locker room issues..

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
They also made a huge mistake paying Dak as much as they did, so who they wasted a draft pick on should come as no surprise. Trading out of the top 10 was pretty dumb too, especially since it went to a division rival. To me it just proves Jerry's desire to be 'relevant' and 'interesting' rather than trying to build a championship roster.

They traded two spots down and picked up a 3rd to get the guy they wanted. What are you talking about?

endersdragon

Reaction score
Easy decision....they traded the pick to a division rival who took a Heisman winning WR in Devon Smith. Now they will have to face D. Smith twice a year. They could of traded back with the Bears and got next years #1 and still got a LB, CB, S, DT at #20. In.stead, they let another Division Rival make the trade

Bad move.....
You would have preferred Smith going to the Giants? Someone in our division was taking Smith, that much was a given.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Every trade made isn't available to every team. You don't know who wants to deal with who or how they communicate on these things. Bears were probably more inclined to see if the Giants would bite since it's not out of the realm of possibilities for them to go QB with two still on the board. You already knew the Cowboys weren't going QB.
So.....Chicago decided they wanted Fields but didn't pick up the phone until pick 11?

If thats what's needed to rationalize this mistake, have at it.

If I could convince myself that Chicago isn't about to have a very bad season I'd feel better about it as well.

I'm definitely a huge Bears fan next year, as I'd much rather be wrong and happy.

If that pick ends up being top 5 (think Houston 2020) and the Giants deal it off for a massive haul that continues to build their team....gonna be a tough one to swallow.....unless Parsons ends up delivering in a big way, which is definitely possible.

My real point is that turning down that Bears pick has to be factored in on the Parsons pick, because they obviously didn't want to risk losing him.

Really though....all fine....just that when people say that deal wasn't offered its only a way to attempt to rationalize the mistake, or not have that part of things tied to Parsons.

Again, hope I'm very wrong and Parsons is a force and the Bears win 10 games.

Let's see.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
You would have preferred Smith going to the Giants? Someone in our division was taking Smith, that much was a given.

Yeah, this really isn't a difficult concept. You were stuck with facing Smith twice a year. Why wouldn't you weaken your divisional rival by taking their 3rd rounder and using it to get stronger and still getting the player you wanted? Turning that down would be like turning down a free $100,000 because you already have $200,000.

Big_D

Reaction score
So.....Chicago decided they wanted Fields but didn't pick up the phone until pick 11?

If thats what's needed to rationalize this mistake, have at it.

If I could convince myself that Chicago isn't about to have a very bad season I'd feel better about it as well.

I'm definitely a huge Bears fan next year, as I'd much rather be wrong and happy.

If that pick ends up being top 5 (think Houston 2020) and the Giants deal it off for a massive haul that continues to build their team....gonna be a tough one to swallow.....unless Parsons ends up delivering in a big way, which is definitely possible.

My real point is that turning down that Bears pick has to be factored in on the Parsons pick, because they obviously didn't want to risk losing him.

Really though....all fine....just that when people say that deal wasn't offered its only a way to attempt to rationalize the mistake, or not have that part of things tied to Parsons.

Again, hope I'm very wrong and Parsons is a force and the Bears win 10 games.

Let's see.

That's because you don't know if it was offered. You just assume to have an inkling. Not every team has the same offers on the table. "If he slips past this point we make a move" That's not possible here? That one spot would also be throwing in a 4th. But you know what exactly what the Bears want and what they were willing to spend for it. lol

conner01

Reaction score
Be careful of one year wonders...... yeah heard that stud stuff all before about first and second round LB, Lee(good player, couldn't stay healthy), Carter, Smith, LVE. Modern NFL with so many Nickel and dime packages, Linebacker isn't a top priority as it once was...Tyron Smith can't stay healthy anymore, and you have a chance to select another Zack Martin All PRO stud who is an every down plug and play player over a rush end linebacker, with plenty of off field, locker room issues..
Lee was a stud
One year of play has nothing to do with injuries
LB is the key to stopping the run and a LB who is faster than may CB including surtain can be on the field every down