News: CBS: Cowboys RB Elliott Cited After His Dogs Got Loose, Attacked 2 People, Police Say

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
There are a few pictures on IG and other places on the interwebs of Zeke with his pooches and I know it's 2-dimensional image but those dogs do not look like vicious killers in the least in the pics I've seen. They look like big ole playful pooches which Zeke seems to genuinely love. I can see no indication that he is mistreating them or training them to be attack dogs. Dogs typically do not attack without a reason. Even if it's just protecting territory. They have their reasons. I think the other thing that might be getting overblown here is the whole notion that the person was "attacked." Playful dogs jump up on people and want to play and be petted. People who are afraid of them usually stick their arm out to ward them off. The end result is they get clawed. I know the headlines say they "bit two people" but the doorbell cam video they ran doesn't show much to support that. It just shows the woman with a towel over her arm being let into a house.

I am going to withhold judgement until the facts are known.. If the dogs did attack someone then Zeke, as the owner is responsible and he will have to pay and will need to be forced to make changes to where he keeps the dogs to prevent future incidents. If it turns out the dogs just saw people and wanted to play but hurt them while trying to do so then Zeke should still pay doctor bills and give them tickets to a game or two .. and still make changes to where he keeps them to prevent future incidents. Really the circumstances of how they got out and how the "attack" went down will tell the tale for me.

Yeah ..... You got a group of people who hate dogs and will say or make up anything to get rid of them.

Beta's who get scared of barking.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah ..... You got a group of people who hate dogs and will say or make up anything to get rid of them.

Beta's who get scared of barking.
Look who's talking about barking? Sending me ugly pics of yourself through PM. WTH? Something wrong with this guy.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Disagree all you want.. I walk our dog through our neighborhood daily and pass by 30 different dogs of all different breeds every time. Most all of them run along the fence barking as we walk by.. and my dog who is a playful little puppy pulls like she's being mushed over the hills of Siberia trying to get over to them. If you are getting to within what the dogs perceive to be their territory they absolutely will come out and "defend it." I would say 6 or 7 of the dogs we pass are pit bulls.. and their reactions are all a little different.. Some try to tear through the fence.. Some just run parallel back and forth barking.. one just sits there and ignores us every single time. I don't subscribe to the "all of ____ breed are vicious killers" theory. But I don't fear dogs.. I don't run from them.. no matter what breed.. If they charge me I stand there preparing to .... well.. let's say hurt them badly.. and to this day have never been attacked.. Even by loose pit bulls who occasionally get out. I have had huge dogs come up and put their paws on my chest and try to lick my face.. but not a one has ever tried to bite me. I tend to chalk it up to a) their not sensing any fear and b) their not sensing any hostility. But as with all living creatures.. there is no hard and fast rule that applies 100% to any of them.
I'm not worried about any dog against me. I worry for my family members. Those certain breeds certainly are the most aggressive. No doubt about that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Totally disagree.

My cousin, who is also my neighbor, has 3 pitbulls and a bull terrier. Those dogs know me and my family well enough. Yet, every time I or one of my family members gets within 20 feet of the backyard fence separating our properties, his dogs come running and barking loud while trying to jump over the fence. He has a female pitbull who definitely is the leader. She always gets vicious, and the others soon follow. My cousin treats his dogs very well and lovingly, but for some weird reason, they are always running up to the fence and viciously barking at me and my family. Tired of it.
Because he let's them. I haven't had a dog yet who didn't want to run and bark at whatever. They are trained not to do that.

It's also never "aggressive", or "vicious", although I can see how it appears so to someone with no clue how to read a dog. How confident are you in your ability to read a dog?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Because he let's them. I haven't had a dog yet who didn't want to run and bark at whatever. They are trained not to do that.

It's also never "aggressive", or "vicious", although I can see how it appears so to someone with no clue how to read a dog. How confident are you in your ability to read a dog?
Hmm, let's see? I've only raised 13 dogs during my lifetime: 2 German shepherds, 3 labradors, 2 golden retrievers, 1 Great Dane, 1 border collie, 1 beagle, 1 Akita, 1 Australian Shepherd and 1 dachshund.

Very confident.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Feel bad for who got hurt but this is nothing I’m worried about in regards to Zeke’s availability or character.

Scumbag Goodell looks for anything when it comes to the Cowboys. Probably suspend Zeke for 6 games over this.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My little dog got loose yesterday. He's a little thing and well behaved so...
I guess this is different?
The big dog is a pitt, but he's old as Methuselah and doesn't care anymore.
So, did your little dog go after Zeke's pitt bull
Didn't Zeke or his dad get caught with some rare endangered tiger last year too.
Yeah, during auditions for a replacement for the Tiger King.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not accusing Zeke of being involved in dogfighting. People need to stop overreacting as if I've said otherwise. However, I do support an investigation to determine that question.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Can just not be in the news for negative press? I think he’ll do great this year and I am rooting for him. But damn! Always something.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Zeke should be required to subject himself to two separate dog attacks resulting in similar injuries, so this thing might come full circle.

Then, maybe he could cut his ugly ***, tired haircut, right before dropping some weight and actually earning his pay this year...

Zeke, please report to jail for looking fat, dumb, and too slow.....

ESisback

Reaction score
Scumbag Goodell looks for anything when it comes to the Cowboys. Probably suspend Zeke for 6 games over this.

Does seem odd...when the Cowboys look loaded for bear, something always seems to come up that complicates matters. Most of it’s our own doing—the culture and hype and all—but it still seems a little odd sometimes, right? Of course, don’t dwell on this, because the Conspiracy Police will drop a few tons of “enlightened” scoffing on you. You know, the dead serious “realist” control freaks that have everything figured out? Their priority isn’t Dallas winning, it’s disproving Cowboy apologists and those that don’t trust the media.